Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Gunner........a person of few words. By the way, great thread, everyone! PJ...
    PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Re: Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger!

Gunner........a person of few words. By the way, great thread, everyone!

PJ

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I do not understand your comment about not looking for negative comments. If you just want the brochure appraisal then don't go on line. There are cars out there that have some major issues and any prospective buyer should know about them if he has the opportunity. I have a 2003 Chevy Avalanche and it has noise coming from the steering column. If you Google Chevy steering noise you will find out the entire line of Chevy trucks including the Avalanche line have a defective part that GM has known about for years but only in, I think 2007, did they correct it. I like my SRX and yet I have complaints about some of its features. Most of my complaints are cosmetic and I can live with them. Things like the GPS, back up camera, infotainment system and other small items. I believe that GM will read these complaints and act on them down the road to improve the newer models. That may be a negative to some but that is how improvements are made. Also, when you try out a new car you are not familiar enough with it to be able to evaluate it thoroughly. Was it raining or night time when you drove it. Did you carry a lot of people or items? If you routinely carry three grown people you may find that the SRX is not ideal. At night you might, as I have, found that the low beam lights are poor. This would allow you to upgrade to the HID lights. Also there good article on this forum about the fog lights that are available as an alternative. My wife complains about no place for her purse. This is of no concern to me but to her it is pretty important. The bottom line is we like our new car but we are more than happy to explain the areas that we feel could be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I do not understand your comment about not looking for negative comments. If you just want the brochure appraisal then don't go on line. There are cars out there that have some major issues and any prospective buyer should know about them if he has the opportunity.......
    Inspector.......are you referring to leeks' summation post (#66)? If so, you may want to reread it. He said he was glad the thread did not get hijacked by negative posters which is what is far too prevalent in automotive forums such as this. Too often the satisfied remain silent or don't even visit forums while folks with problems do.

That is not balance, and it gives the uninitiated (to automotive forums) the false impression that a vehicle is suspect when the reality may be quite different.

PJ
    Ponyman and Ponyman like this.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I agree with the fact that most forums on any subject are going to be negative but wouldn't you take a look at them before you bought a new car? I needed cataract surgery and went on line to not only read about my doctor but watched a video of the procedure so that I could ask questions about it. There were complaints and good letters but I at least I knew what I was getting into. Most people turn to the internet when they run into problems that are not easily solvable. If nothing else they are better armed to negotiate with the dealers if they know more about the car they are looking at buying. I have owned many nice cars and the best one I ever owned was my '02 Tahoe. I have problems with them all including several Porsche's, Cadillac's and BMW's but that doesn't mean that I would not want to hear about other people's problems before I bought a new one. I guess I make up my own mind on issues but like all the inputs I can get. I don't find this forum to be terribly negative and there is a lot of helpful info here.

emikey is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I own a 2012 SRX Luxury Edition, and overall i am satisfied with the car. However, it has been to the shop multiple times.. mostly due to small things which can frankly happen with any car. That being said I would suggest you drive the SRX for a day before you purchase it. My car has multiple rattles and sounds that drive me completely crazy! Make sure to drive with the sunroof open, visor closed etc. Ride on bumps, paved streets, uneven streets and listen to the sounds.. not all SRX have rattles or issues. My neighbor has an SRX and has 0 issues. Otherwise the car is great.. i always get compliments and the interior is amazing.. the ride is smooth and i never ever worry that it will break down.

Quote Originally Posted by emikey View Post
    I own a 2012 SRX Luxury Edition, and overall i am satisfied with the car. However, it has been to the shop multiple times.. mostly due to small things which can frankly happen with any car. That being said I would suggest you drive the SRX for a day before you purchase it. My car has multiple rattles and sounds that drive me completely crazy! Make sure to drive with the sunroof open, visor closed etc. Ride on bumps, paved streets, uneven streets and listen to the sounds.. not all SRX have rattles or issues. My neighbor has an SRX and has 0 issues. Otherwise the car is great.. i always get compliments and the interior is amazing.. the ride is smooth and i never ever worry that it will break down.
    Amen, emikey. You can never do too much test driving before you pull the trigger on a $40K + purchase.

And inspector......I'm with you. I like to read my brains out and go in with my eyes wide open.

PJ

scurling is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '94 Fleetwood Brogham, '94 Fleetwood, 2010 SRX 4WD

I purchased a new SRX, 2010. I'm surprised with the reasons some people consider "in the shop"....really, an oil change!?
    We have had very few problems with the 2010 SRX. We have 21K miles on it now. One problem that started bothering me was with the stereo/navigation system. The radio would always stay on the same preset station when starting the stereo, instead of the last tuned station when the stereo was turned off. Also, sometimes the screen would not pop up automatically. The dealer tried to reprogram the system, but the problem persisted. We scheduled an appointment and the dealer replaced the entire system under warranty.

I did test drive the new 2012 last month. I really like the additional power in the larger engine. Wish I had that option when buying the 2010.

GunnerDixon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by jay_zee View Post
    GMJim, could I use a supplier discount and the GM card earnings I've accrued? With the recent mailer that's out, that would mean a savings of $2500 in-addition to the $1758 for a 2012 SRX Performance model.
    Hi. I wanted to jump in and help answer this. It depends which GM Card you have. If you have the GM Extended Family Card and you are eligible for the GM Supplier Discount then you can combine your Earnings for a greater value. Learn more at https://www.gmcard.com/efc/about-the-card

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.