Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Sorry Jim , that's not what I meant!!! I meant to say : "To answer your original question", so people ...
    Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Re: Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger!

Sorry Jim , that's not what I meant!!! I meant to say : "To answer your original question", so people would know whom I was referring to. I should have included quote from original poster to make it clearer. Far be it from me to tell anyone what to post on here. You'll see me posting long replies on random threads totally off the original topic. And when it comes to discounts, feel free to hijack my threads whenever you want!

doyall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarn View Post
    Sorry Jim , that's not what I meant!!! I meant to say : "To answer your original question", so people would know whom I was referring to. I should have included quote from original poster to make it clearer. Far be it from me to tell anyone what to post on here. You'll see me posting long replies on random threads totally off the original topic. And when it comes to discounts, feel free to hijack my threads whenever you want!
    Likewise.

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic/XLR View Post
    Hi Jim

Would a supplier discount work for a Canadian purchase?
    $1758 is not chump change in my book.

Thanks for your input
    For future reference. Supplier discount will not work for a Canadian sale. I recieved a call from a dealership after the sale, asking me what to do. I told them i have know idea, I just supplied the code.
    I got a call back later, saying that supplier discount is not an option in Canada.
    Like I am supposed to do something?
    Seems like they would have looked into it before they sold the car. Not my prob.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Nuts. Another kick in the nuts for us Canadians...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Sorry Captain. Didn't mean to

leekes is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, I thought I should update this thread since I am the OP and just sealed the deal on a new car.

First off, it looks like this thread will serve a good purpose because it wasn't hijacked by negativity, but happy owners (who added a good bit of information and insight to a potential SRX owner... such the boat that I was in). Thank you to you all.

As I had said, I crossed BMW and Mercedes off my list early on. I test drove: Audi Q5, Cadillac SRX, the Volvo XC60 and the Infiniti XF35. I liked the Audi, but talked to an independent mechanic shop for German brands and the owner of the shop candidly told me that I should only buy Audi if I was prepared to hefty repair costs AND to sell the car before the warranty period. He told me that Audi repair is great business for him...Great driving cars... and the Q5 does drive great... but that advice scared me off.

The Volvo XC60 is a very nice car. Well built. Really neat safety options. But, the feel of the car just wasn't for me. I can see, though, why it sells so well.

It came down to a head-to-head between the SRX and the XF35.

The SRX is a beautiful car and the folks that own it are lucky, no doubt about it. It's interior is beautiful, and it rides well.

The Infiniti, body style-wise, couldn't be any different than the Caddy. It also has a beautifully appointed interior.

In cutting to the chase, we ended up buying the Infiniti. I felt that it's 7-speed tranny fit me better... it's engine felt like it was in better control... and I preferred the navigation/tech interface.

Not knocking the SRX at all. And my experience could totally be due to my driving style.

I'm really glad to see a Company like Cadillac putting such a great product out there. I hope they keep it up and continue to strive for excellence. Perhaps our next go around will have a different result.

Good luck to all of you and if you are a potential SRX buyer, much like I was, DEFINITELY give the car a good look-over and a test drive. It's a very - very - nice car.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I'm taking a look at this when it comes out.

http://www.infinitiusa.com/all-new-jx/

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    Thanks for the updated results of your purchase. May it meet or exceed your expectations.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Great choice. I would also rAther have the FX 35, but not for $200/mth more, which is what a similarly packaged FX would cost for a 3yr lease. Enjoy. Loved my EX35 and sadly turned it in to the dealer today. Liking my new caddy, just not as fun to drive nor does it "fit" me as good as the Infiniti

jay_zee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Garage empty...add car

Quote Originally Posted by jay_zee View Post
    JZ, you can use current incentives, supplier discount, GM card, haggeling, etc, to get into your new Caddy.
    I would be glad to help you.

Jim
    Thanks Jim, that's good to know. We haven't even haggled/talked price yet. Hopefully my sales guy will be up for it as it sounds like less hassle for him.[/QUOTE]

Jim, we'll be down at the dealer today. He may be emailing you for a supplier discount code. I know it's the end of the month but I want to take advantage of the 2K off that was in the mailer. I can't pm anybody as I'm too new of a member at this time.
    Ponyman or MarkNY would you have a code left over for December?
    Thanks in advance guys.

poolandgolf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX, 2012

Let me throw this out, I purchased my first Cadillac Dec 31. It is a SRX. Have owned Hyundai Santa Fe's since 2001. Currently have two 2007 Santy's. All have been great vehicles. Just grew tired of the design and saw a SRX parked in local Chili's. Wife fell in love with the look. Being no local Hyundai dealer, bought the Caddy. Hoping it wasn't a mistake. Sure in my heart it will be a great vehicle also. Happy!

Jim

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I would love to see a survey of all 2010 SRX owners answered completely honestly 5 years down the road.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I'm pretty sure all the damn bugs from 2010 are worked out of the 11 and 12 models.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

mrsphxtriode is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): AWD SRX, hubby has a CTS-V
    I had a 2011 FX35. Unfortunately or fortunately, after poor service at dealerships, I'm in a 2012 SRX. Hubby is happy, it's what he wanted all along. I'm happy now too as my sunroof doesn't leak like the FX.

GunnerDixon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.