Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by jcieutat I emailed my salesman today and gave him jims email address and explained to him about ...
    GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Re: Potential new SRX owner... nervous about pulling the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
    I emailed my salesman today and gave him jims email address and explained to him about the supplier discount code. He told me that if I wanted to use this code, I would lose the deal I got and the price would go up. Is he feeding me a line? I was supposed to do the deal today but they had to get the car and it took longer than expected so we are doing the deal tomorrow.
    It depends alot on the salesperson/dealership. Most places may offer prices lower than a supplier discount to begin with. If you were happy with the first price, go with that. I would think it would be one or the other. Best price or Supplier discount. Not both.
    It's all about getting the best price we can.

Toxic/XLR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Well like the original poster I was on the fence as well, for all the same reasons mainly old perceptions about GM quality compared to foreign brands. I was about to pull the trigger on a BMW X3 until Jim's offer of a discount code. That was the deciding factor. Both the cars I was considering were even in my mind. The BMW had the edge in it's light and nimble handling but the Caddy was much better in terms of luxury and edgy styling.

In short her is how it worked with me.
    Jim's discount code was equal to a $1717 CDN$ saving. This is what was taken off of the previously agreed upon retail price. So yes it does work in Canada.
    Jim's discount code also resulted in a savings on the tow package.
    Now the dealer had to knock down my trade in allowance by a bit but at the end of the day I saved a substantial amount of $$$.

So thanks to GMJim I bought a Caddy and as a huge skeptic of all things in life in general I am thrilled Jim's offer worked out.

Thanks Jim.
    Frikiton and Frikiton like this.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

I recently leased a 2012 AWD Lux w/Nav 15K 36mths. I was able to get the $2000 Conquest incentive(switching from competition), plus another $2K for the recent mailer incentive, plus $1K for some other incentive I am unsure about. They also gave me a check for $1400 to pay off the final 3 months of my previous car lease. I think the final price was 38,xxx. This got me in the car for $ 499/mth with only first months payment and fees down. This was $75/mthless than any other dealership I went to(3 in my area). They would not let me walk out the door, I guess they would rather get their numbers than make money on the car, unlike the other dealers. A friend of mine is paying $575/mth for Lux/Nav FWD, not AWD. He is pissed. Lol. Pays to do your homework and time to do online haggling and visit various dealerships. They knew I was not desperate since I still had 3 months left, and it's end of year. Perfect storm. No car even close for under $500/mth with nothing down. All other cars in this class with these options are over $600/mth t least.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic/XLR View Post
    Thanks Jim.
    No, Thank you! Wishing you many trouble free miles.

Jim

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Jim is the man! Way to go - not bad for a stationwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    Jim is the man! Way to go - not bad for a stationwagon driver
    HAHAHAHAHA

I guess I still have passion for the SRX. Owning a 2004, 2006, and then a 2010.

Some think I should go to the CTS forum, and stay, but I have made a lot of friends,
    and a few enemies, here.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Hey, Jim, I am honored to be among the friends. Stay, we need your input and inside knowledge. I get the supplier discount on both GM and Ford through my job. Sometimes it helps, and sometimes it doesn't. We have a website showing the supplier price, and on our SRX purchase, the dealer beat it by a considerable amount.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Jim, you input and assistance is always welcome and appreciated on this forum.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Jim, you're loved all around!

And come this time next year, i'll probably be bugging you about a supplier pricing deal-eo too. If you don't plan on retiring by then, that is! lol
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

FYI: If Jim is out of his allotment for the month.... you can always drop me a PM for one too!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Well then! I'll keep you in mind too Marc!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

If I were to buy an SRX, I'd wait for CUE in 2013.

doyall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Back on topic, I am very pleased with the fit, finish and overall build quality of my [wife's] 2011 SRX Luxury. Only had it 5 months/5,000 miles but it has been trouble free. With the amount of high tech components it has (both electronics and mechanics) it does cause me concern in the long term. I am seriously considering the GM Protection Plan and would hope I would never have to use it.

Jonkarn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Xenon Blue/Ebony SRX Lux AWD w/N av

Yes back to the original question. After 2 weeks and 1K miles, I think I have a good feel of the car(2012 Lux AWD). It seems to be solidly built, good fit and finish. It's dead quiet, with the only wind noise I notice coming from the big side mirrors, which is unavoidable. The brake pedal, while heavy and a bit spongy, are smooth as silk and strong when you use effort. It's bigger than I thought,(almost the same size as the Infiniti FX, but has a much roomier interior). This is a definite road trip car.

I will agree with the above poster, with all the tech and electronic options(auto hatch, heating steering, etc) you are bound to have some issues. Every car has them it seems(my Infiniti while as dependable as they get, had a recall on the electronic steering wheel adjustment motor), it's just a fact of life. Overall it is a high quality car with quality interior materials for the price($38K). Free oil changes and tire maintenance, along with the warranty make me not worry about this car. If there is a problem they have loaner cars. I usually assume I will have to bring my car, any car, in for a problem or 2. I had a 2005 Saab(GM) that was supposed to be crap, and only had to bring it in for small fixes like interior stuff.

I will say that the engine is a little noisy at idle from the outside, with some ticking and roughness, while Infiniti purrs like a small lion. Probably more to do with the type of engine(direct injection) in the caddy. From the inside it's quiet though. My one pet peeve of the car is the engine sound(a bit computerized and whiny). If that's my only complaint I'll be happy.

----------

As an aside, this is why I usually lease cars. Besides the lower monthly cost, I never worry about the car. I'm never beyond the warranty period, and if I don't like the car or it has problems, I get a new one in 3 years anyway and don't have to worry about selling it or trading it in and getting ripped off. For me renting the car for $100/wk is worth it for piece of mind. and with Cadillacs free service, the car really costs me nothing to own outside of monthly payments. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by doyall View Post
    Back on topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonkarn View Post
    Yes back to the original question.
    Sorry to hijack this thread by offering those "nervous about pulling the trigger",
    chump change to do so. Very selfish of me. Please except my apology.

To those in support of what i did.

To those who accepted the chump change, Merry Christmas

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.