Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD in Cadillac SRX Forums; After a year of lurking, research and waiting for the good reviews on the 3.6L engine, I finally pulled the ...
    djspl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance AWD

Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD

After a year of lurking, research and waiting for the good reviews on the 3.6L engine, I finally pulled the trigger on a Silver 2012 SRX Performance AWD.

Normally I don't modify my cars, I buy them as I want them. This time I got stuck with the 20" Chrometech wheels, which I hate.

My number one priority is keeping the car engineered the way it came from the factory, but I REALLY want to get some new wheels as I am not a chrome guy.

If I have to , I'll buy the other 2012 SRX factory wheels (20" machined w/ painted accents).

Just curious as to what my other options are.

I really like the Diamo 39 Karat B found here...
    http://www.rimsntires.com/wheel.jsp?...on=235%2F55-20

The site says these wheels are a "direct fit package", whatever weight that holds. The shop is local, so I'm sure they will be happy to help.

The questions I have are:
    Will these wheels fit? I don't want adapters, spacers, etc.
    Are these wheels strong? I want the car to be tough, meaning I don't want to bend rims running over minor/medium potholes.

I would love to just buy wheels and matching tires and be done with it, but I don't want to screw around with the way the engineers designed the car. I have never bought aftermarket wheels before. I'm afraid I'll wind up talking to a kid with an overblinged Honda Civic that gets his education from "pimp my ride magazine" with a "bolt it on and see if it fits" attitude towards car building.

Should I just stick with factory GM wheels?

Thanks for all the advice in these forums and any wheel guidance you can give me.

-Eric
    Attached Images
    Srxlou and Srxlou like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Re: Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD

Try Tire Rack

Quote Originally Posted by MnMs View Post
    Try Tire Rack
    "We're sorry. There are no wheels that match your current search criteria."

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Those look great on black. Not sure about silver. I swapped out the Chrometechs for 20" Strada Diablo's on my 2010 Platinum Ice Turbo. I think they look great and I kept the OEM Michelin's. Happy after nearly 2 yearas.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I really like the Diamo Karat B's, and in Black Chrome they should look awesome!

I looked at a set of these too, but never went through with it (re-allocated funds). I imagine 'direct fit' means direct fit.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

How did you decide on those wheels? Obviously beauty is in the eye of the owner. I think the OEM chrometech wheels are horrible looking, but those wheels were on every SRX in the lot.

I look at the Strada website and I see bling cut from metal, but nothing that says "our wheels are engineered by professionals to withstand XXX" I want different looks, but not at the price of safety. Do these stringy looking bling wheels hold up to road abuse?

Will the wheels that fit your 2010 fit on my 2012 AWD? I used to have a Volvo S40 AWD, not many wheels fit that car because of the AWD (although I never changed from OEM, I did look around).

Am I looking for 20 x 8 wheels with a 6 x 4.5" lug pattern (from OEM wheel specs) ? Does anyone know the offset I need to keep the wheels inside the wheel wells?

What happens if I get 20 x 8.5" instead of 20 x 8"? Obviosuly new tires, but to the ride of the car?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

All rims within the Second Gen SRX will fit all Second Gen SRX axels. Nothing has changed.

The bolt pattern is 6 x 120mm with a 40 mm offset. (6.85" back spacing) What is the SRX's Lug offset?l

Wider tires won't do much to the ride of the vehicle within and inch or so, slightly higher steering effort is about all. It will make it track differently in conditions where tire grooves are worn into the road if you start going too wide though.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by djspl View Post
    How did you decide on those wheels? Obviously beauty is in the eye of the owner. I think the OEM chrometech wheels are horrible looking, but those wheels were on every SRX in the lot.

I look at the Strada website and I see bling cut from metal, but nothing that says "our wheels are engineered by professionals to withstand XXX" I want different looks, but not at the price of safety. Do these stringy looking bling wheels hold up to road abuse?

Will the wheels that fit your 2010 fit on my 2012 AWD? I used to have a Volvo S40 AWD, not many wheels fit that car because of the AWD (although I never changed from OEM, I did look around).

Am I looking for 20 x 8 wheels with a 6 x 4.5" lug pattern (from OEM wheel specs) ? Does anyone know the offset I need to keep the wheels inside the wheel wells?

What happens if I get 20 x 8.5" instead of 20 x 8"? Obviosuly new tires, but to the ride of the car?
    Yes, the Diablos on my 2010 AWD will fit on a 2012 AWD or non AWD for that matter. Mine have nearly 30,000 miles and have performed flawlessly. Do I go off road? No .
    I didn't suggest that you buy them. I just mentioned what I replaced my Chrometechs with and when I get a 2012 or 2013, I'll put the old wheels on the 2010 and put the Diablos on the new one.

Thanks guys.

Z06CADY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Eric,

If you do replace the stock wheels, I would like to buy one of the crometech wheels to replace one we rubbed the curb with.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CADY View Post
    Eric,

If you do replace the stock wheels, I would like to buy one of the crometech wheels to replace one we rubbed the curb with.

Chris
    I'll sell you my 4 Chrometechs for $600 plus shipping or you pick up in Scottsdale. Make a day trip and save the shipping cost.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I'll sell you my 4 Chrometechs for $600 plus shipping or you pick up in Scottsdale. Make a day trip and save the shipping cost.
    I am sending you a P M.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CADY View Post
    I am sending you a P M.
    I never received your PM.

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

I know it's too late for this, but you should have let your dealer know you were not interested in the Chrometechs and would rather have the regular 20" wheels. At the very least, I bet they would have swapped the regular 20's onto your car. The chrometechs are very popular, and they likely would have loved to get a "free set" back. And then you get your 20's, without having to spend any additional money.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I never received your PM.
    Guess I am P M challenged. If you will send me one with your # I will give you a call.

Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.