Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Z06CADY Guess I am P M challenged. If you will send me one with your # I ...
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Re: Wheels for 2012 SRX Performance AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CADY View Post
    Guess I am P M challenged. If you will send me one with your # I will give you a call.

Chris
    PM sent

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    I know it's too late for this, but you should have let your dealer know you were not interested in the Chrometechs and would rather have the regular 20" wheels. At the very least, I bet they would have swapped the regular 20's onto your car. The chrometechs are very popular, and they likely would have loved to get a "free set" back. And then you get your 20's, without having to spend any additional money.
    Actually we covered this (in another thread at another time), but most dealers don't actually 'own' the cars on their lot, so they won't switch options on them. If another dealer wants to trade, and the build sheet says it has machined face rims, and its actually wearing chrome techs, somebody isn't going to be happy.
    Suffice it to say, most dealers leave brand new cars the way they came from the factory so they match the build sheets. Then you can dealer trade, swap, whatever with no issues.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

cz9h3d is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX and Escalade...and sometimes a CTS

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Most dealers don't actually 'own' the cars on their lot, so they won't switch options on them.
    As soon as the invoice is printed at the factory, the dealer has "bought" the car - they own it. The only variation is who they're borrowing the money from to carry their inventory. Any good dealer who wants to make a sale is crazy to not bend over backwards for a customer in this manner. Wheels are upgraded quite often (have you seen the factory 18" wheels chromed?). I've seen my fair share of SRX's (and Cadillacs) with all manner of "dealer installed" items on them on the showroom floor (many that cause me nightmares). Swapping out Chrometechs is a "no-brainer" - they've just made a cool $495 when they sell the other vehicle - dealers would kill for this.

djspl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance AWD

The dealer didn't want to take wheels off of another SRX, which were the only non chrometech wheels on the lot. They would have ordered me some of the machined/painted wheels, but I would have had to leave the chrometechs or drive off and officially buy them. I figured I could find some other options on my own, so I took the chrometechs home.

After much searching and a few visits to local wheel shops, I ordered some KMC 775 "Rockstar" wheels.
    #1 they come in a 6-120 lug pattern, which is hard to find
    #2 they are 20 x 8 (most are 20 x 8.5)
    #3 they come with 42mm offset, which only moves the wheels 2mm inward (keeping close to factory specs, which was important to me)
    #4 matte black finish (I wanted black, but not gloss... hate the look of dirty/dull tires with gloss black rims)

Helpful little tool...
    http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

The wheels should be delivered and mounted by next Friday, I'll report back.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by cz9h3d View Post
    As soon as the invoice is printed at the factory, the dealer has "bought" the car - they own it. The only variation is who they're borrowing the money from to carry their inventory. Any good dealer who wants to make a sale is crazy to not bend over backwards for a customer in this manner. Wheels are upgraded quite often (have you seen the factory 18" wheels chromed?). I've seen my fair share of SRX's (and Cadillacs) with all manner of "dealer installed" items on them on the showroom floor (many that cause me nightmares). Swapping out Chrometechs is a "no-brainer" - they've just made a cool $495 when they sell the other vehicle - dealers would kill for this.
    Not all dealers...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.