Which SiriusXM package are you taking?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Which SiriusXM package are you taking? in Cadillac SRX Forums; We took delivery of our 2012 SRX the last week of October and today I received a notice from SiriusXM ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Which SiriusXM package are you taking?

We took delivery of our 2012 SRX the last week of October and today I received a notice from SiriusXM to purchase their service. They offer several packages and time lengths. I'm looking at the XM Select package for 36 months. The packages come with and without NavTraffic. After reviewing the areas which have NavTraffic I've decided I wouldn't get any use from the NavTraffic. I don't like their "auto renewal" feature because I'll have a new car before this contract runs out and I don't want to renew it. I guess I'll pay with a check or a CC which has an expiration date prior to renewal time. The Select package offers all I will use and is what I had in my 2009. Which package are you considering.
    Bill

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Re: Which SiriusXM package are you taking?

No package for me. Nothing like free radio. I probably will not re-new OnStar when the one year is up. I'm tired of paying for stuff I hardly ever use. If I don't want to hear commercials I'll use the MP3 or pop a CD in.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

To be candid here I have grown to hate most free radio! After listening to XM for a few years straight now I just go bananas having to listen to all those yak yak talk talk commercial after commercial BS stations!

I usually tend to get a yearly contract and then work on XM for another good deal after it expires. Pretty soon Pandora and SKY.FM and others will start to take away some of XM's business unless they come out with a even more competitive yearly renewal price. Again, most FREE radio stations drive me bonkers!

doyall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You may want to head over to http://www.xmfan.com/ where they (dis)cuss all things XM. Hint: Call SiriusXM and tell them you would like to sign the car up but the cost is too high. You should get a better price. I did. There may be no way around the auto renewal "feature" without calling to cancel. Even if you pay with a credit card that is no longer valid at renewal time you are probably still legally bound for the renewal cost if you don't call to cancel. The fine print will get you every time.

STL Ron is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

My 3-month trial SiriusXM expires next week and I'm not renewing it. We like Channel 13, but the subscription cost isn't worth it for us. We're going with local commercial radio and our own music that we've loaded on HDD (set to "shuffle" function).

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Just renewed XM today on my HHR and SRX. Got both of them for a total of 153.16 for a year. Of course I had to go to the cancellation department to get the rate. This is for just the basic XM package. Originally, it would have been over $300 for both radios which is unacceptable. This is the third year for the HHR, and second for the SRX that I have gotten a better rate by threatening to cancel. I am like marc, I can't stand over the air free radio, and XM really comes in handy in Arkansas where our vacation home is, and most other stations don't come in well at all. As long as I can gt the half price, I will probably keep renewing. If they ever stick to their full price, then I will be gone. Hope this helps others.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

If you renew, don't give them a cc#. Tell them to send you an invoice and then pay by check. If they get your cc#, you'll likely get renewed at the full rate when the current subscription expires.

gregcpx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    If you renew, don't give them a cc#. Tell them to send you an invoice and then pay by check. If they get your cc#, you'll likely get renewed at the full rate when the current subscription expires.
    None -- I am done with Sirius and XM..... Too expensive, manipulate their channels to out-date their equipment so you have to upgrade, etc and with Pandora (for 36.00) per year, I get commercial free music and I can use anywhere..why would I want to subscribe to an outdated service like XM/Sirius? They will go the way of the cassette and 8track or will have to become dirt cheap w/commercials to survive.

If you renew just use a virtual CC. I use them for all of my subscriptions and on-line shopping. I set the amount, expiration, etc, so they can't reauthorize...example: if the xm service is 150.00 and due in February, I set the limit for 175.00 and make it expire in march of the same year. They won't be able to reauthorize anything...so when I cancel, they can't accidentally charge me again...works great...a few banks have this option (BOA) called shopsafe.

rdfrahm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I did the 'threaten to cancel' thing and they told me to call customer service and see if there were any deals available. I got a great one...$20 for 5 months. They told me to call and cancel just before it ends and ask if there are any new deals available. I'll do that again. If not, I'll cancel. I'll miss the comedy channels and MLB in the summer, but I'll live.

Rich

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

When I told them to cancel the radios, they asked why. I told them price and they immediately olfferd a half price deal on both vehicles. If they would just price their service reasonably to start with, they would gain a lot more loyalty among their customers. Till next year, or May when my avalanche subscription runs out, I am set.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.