Cadillac CUE First to Offer HD Radio™ Standard
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cadillac CUE First to Offer HD Radio™ Standard in Cadillac SRX Forums; ...
    Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

The CUE with HD radio will come out in the XTS first and then the SRX & ATS to follow.

2011-12-05

DETROIT – Starting with the new XTS luxury sedan in spring of 2012, Cadillac will become the first U.S. manufacturer to offer HD Radio™ as standard equipment. HD Radio technology will be one of the many new features embedded within CUE, Cadillac’s upcoming user experience for in-vehicle connectivity.

HD Radio technology is a digital broadcasting format for AM and FM stations in the United States with more than 2,100 stations now broadcasting the digital signals alongside their traditional analog signals. Currently, HD Radio broadcasts are available to approximately 90 percent of the U.S. listening audience.

Among the main benefits of HD Radio Technology is digital sound quality on both FM and AM stations. The technology also offers provides consumers with additional channels known as HD2, HD3 and HD4s with broadcasters offering additional, diverse programming and information, all free to the consumer without a paid subscription.

More than 1,300 digital HD2, HD3, and HD4 channels across the country are broadcasting programming, which can be heard with an HD Radio receiver.

HD Radio Technology also transmits show Program Service Data – such as song titles and artist information – that display on the CUE audio screen. It can be paused up to 20 minutes, allowing users to resume the program – similar to a DVD – if they interrupt a program while driving.

In the Cadillac CUE system, HD Radio users will have the added feature of iTunes® Tagging, which allows listeners to tag their favorite songs for later preview and purchase on iTunes.

HD Radio Technology is an excellent addition to CUE, the groundbreaking user experience for connectivity and control which will debut in the new XTS luxury sedan in spring 2012,” said Cadillac Product Director Hampden Tener.

CUE’s audio functions also include standard AM/FM radio, integrated iPod/MP3/smartphone media player connectivity, multi-device music indexing, SiriusXM Satellite Radio, and applications such as Pandora.

Among the additional CUE features are built-in turn-by-turn navigation, natural speech recognition, hands-free calling, multiple device Bluetooth synchronization – all controlled by a vibrant icon-based touch screen that features haptic feedback, user-customizable menus and a concealed storage tray for cell phones and other devices.

Jeff Jury, chief operating officer of HD Radio developer, iBiquity Digital said: “We are very pleased to be part of CUE, Cadillac’s innovative user experience platform. Including HD Radio Technology as a standard feature highlights Cadillac’s commitment to bringing the latest digital entertainment technologies to their customers.”

OnStar controls are also accessible through the CUE touch screen.

About Cadillac

Cadillac has been a leading luxury auto brand since 1902. In recent years, Cadillac has engineered a historic renaissance led by artful engineering and advanced technology. More information on Cadillac can be found at media.cadillac.com.

About HD Radio – iBiquity Digital Corporation
    iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio™ Technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new and unique FM content via HD2/HD3 channels, crystal-clear sound and data services on both the AM and FM bands – all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio Technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Basking Ridge, NJ. For more information, please visit http://www.hdradio.com and http://www.ibiquity.com.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Cadillac CUE First to Offer HD Radio™ Standard

HD Radio eh. Well, if i ever give up Satellite and my IPod, and my HDD, i might listen to good old Terrestrial radio... lol
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MacMuse is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS N* 1SE
    I listen to a couple terrestrial HD stations that also send out an Internet feed.

Professional programmers can create a pleasant mix when given the opportunity, and with the reduced commercial load of the HD channel they sound very nice.

Check out WDRV's Deep Tracks stream which I believe is their HD 2 offering.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    The CUE with HD radio will come out in the XTS first and then the SRX & ATS to follow.

2011-12-05

DETROIT – Starting with the new XTS luxury sedan in spring of 2012, Cadillac will become the first U.S. manufacturer to offer HD Radio™ as standard equipment. HD Radio technology will be one of the many new features embedded within CUE, Cadillac’s upcoming user experience for in-vehicle connectivity.
    Ford has offered HD radio as standard with the Sync/Nav since the 2011 model year. Doesn't anyone at GM substantiate these claims???

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by mrl859 View Post
    Ford has offered HD radio as standard with the Sync/Nav since the 2011 model year. Doesn't anyone at GM substantiate these claims???
    I believe you are referring to Ford's HD which is offered as an optional Sync/NAV package? If I am correct then the HD does not come as a standard equipment thus you would have to pay extra for that up level option.

I believe Cadillac is stating that they are the first to offer HD as "standard" equipment and not in an optional package.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

While I'm not familiar with their full line up, I know that the electronics package in the Mustang (touchscreen nav/ATC/etc) includes HD radio as part of that package since '11. I know because mine was a '10 and I was bummed. Much like only the CUE equipped vehicles will get it, at least initially.

CaddyFanFL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

So if GM claims HD Radio will be standard and part of CUE, doesn't that mean CUE must be standard on the XTS?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I thought CUE was the new operating system as a vehicle interface?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

HD radio was an option for Sync ... Ford does not have a vehicle that comes standard with HD radio

CUE is the new infotainment system and all XTS vehicles will have it - all CUE systems will have HD radio ... therefore HD radio is standard equipment on the XTS
    M5eater and M5eater like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    CUE is the new infotainment system and all XTS vehicles will have it - all CUE systems will have HD radio ... therefore HD radio is standard equipment on the XTS
    Good to know, thanks. I wasn't sure if CUE would be standard or optional on the XTS.

Let's see if it will be standard on the 2013 SRX as well..

Probably optional on the SRX and ATS ... definitely will be available ... but probably not standard (but who knows... anything's possible i guess)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Probably optional on the SRX and ATS ... definitely will be available ... but probably not standard (but who knows... anything's possible i guess)
    Would be great if the CUE on the SRX would feature a Head Up Display as well. I also think it's time to offer a radar-based cruise-control as well. Based on the images I've seen, there is def. a button on the new steering-wheel for that feature.

cadillac has had Adaptive Cruise Control as an option on DTS and STS ... it will be an option it on the XTS ... look for it on other models as well

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

HD radio is teh awesome. It should be added to all radios.

Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

HD Radio has much less listenable range than your normal FM coverage. (Unless you are in an urban asrea, it's useless..certainly not for long trips.) On AM, it's even worse. It's a "sham" gmimmick being promoted by a company called iBiquity who makes the technology broadcasters have to pay to transmit it and very few stations even offer HD. Most broadcast engineers will tell you it's a flawed technology and likely won't be around in a few years. Best to buy the car based on the vehicle itself. It's not a radio on four wheels, after all!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.