Just got the Onstar mobile app for iPhone & love it. Anyone else like it or dislike?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Just got the Onstar mobile app for iPhone & love it. Anyone else like it or dislike? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I think the app is really cool. I downloaded it for free for my iphone and now I can lock ...
    Bcrummy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Had a 79 Coude Deville & now have 2012 SRX

Just got the Onstar mobile app for iPhone & love it. Anyone else like it or dislike?

I think the app is really cool. I downloaded it for free for my iphone and now I can lock or unlock my car, turn auto start on and off and even hit the panic button all from my phone.
    I think the great part about this is, living in NY and having some pretty severe winters, I can leave my car at the rail road station to go into the city, and on the way home, I will be able to start my car in advance from a few miles away so my car is warm in the winter when I get there. Or cool in the summer if its the other way around.
    I also like the peice of mind that if I forgot to lock my car I can do that remotely as well.
    The app is available for iphone and android and its free so it is worth picking up in my opinion.
    The app also includes diagnostics of your vehicle, fuel, tire pressure, oil life, plus nav and you can also contact onstar through it for directions, reservations, emergencies, ect.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Re: Just got the Onstar mobile app for iPhone & love it. Anyone else like it or disl

I agree that is a very nice feature to have... and you also got to love all the other great information and features that app gives you too use along with the MyCadillac app too.

FYI: Since you and I have both have the 2012 SRX we can not down load the "Owners Manual" yet for they only have the 2010 & 2011 owner manuals available. While I was in Detroit at the GM Ren Center a couple of months ago I talked to someone there (service rep) she said that that update should be ready by November... well hmmm it is December and still no update to my MyCadillac app. Gesh, I wonder when it will be updated.

11RavenBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Performance; 05 Harley-Davidson Road King

Re: Just got the Onstar mobile app for iPhone & love it. Anyone else like it or disl

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    FYI: Since you and I have both have the 2012 SRX we can not down load the "Owners Manual" yet for they only have the 2010 & 2011 owner manuals available. While I was in Detroit at the GM Ren Center a couple of months ago I talked to someone there (service rep) she said that that update should be ready by November... well hmmm it is December and still no update to my MyCadillac app. Gesh, I wonder when it will be updated.
    You can always download the manuals from cadillac.com and keep them on your phone in pdf format. I think it is actually easier to read than the MyCadillac app version.

And the nav feature is really nice. It is faster to enter the address in the navigation page and send it to your vehicle than to enter it in the actual gps. I don't use mapquest or OnStar for directions anymore.

Never Forget

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Thanks, that sounds like a good way to get that information and have it very handy to access too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.