Tire Pressure Monitor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Tire Pressure Monitor in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi. I have just changed tires from the original to snow tires on my 2011 model. Is it possible in ...
    toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6

Tire Pressure Monitor

Hi.

I have just changed tires from the original to snow tires on my 2011 model.
    Is it possible in any way to disable the Tire Pressure Monitor?

Regards

Torgny

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Tire Pressure Monitor

If you do find a way (which i doubt), it will likely result in another service light.

Safety first kids!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

I put my winter tires on too. I think all you can do is push the menu button to get rid of the message that says"SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM " , but you'll have to live with the little tire lite on the dash. I guess you can put a piece of black tape over that,though!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance - Platinum Ice Tricoat

There should be a way to disable the warning light. On my old Lexus SC430, you could unclip a plug under the shift console and the light was gone for good.

Trippy is offline Banned

Try a hammer.

toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6

OK thanks. I understand that I have to live with the "error" message.

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

According to NHTSA: After first retail sale of the vehicle, we do not believe that installing aftermarket tires and wheels necessarily makes the TPMS ‘inoperable.’ However, the MIL cannot be disabled. If the vehicle owner so desires, the vehicle could be taken to a dealer that has the replacement parts and tools necessary to repair and calibrate the TPMS system. We have no legal authority over individual use of a vehicle. Businesses installing aftermarket wheels and tires may not disable the malfunction indicator light and this prohibition is for the life of the vehicle. Individual states have legal authority to enact laws, and could require TPMS to function per FMVSS 138 even after modifications (such as installation of aftermarket tires and wheels) are performed by the private vehicle owner and an aftermarket business.”

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.