TPMS Re-Learing Tool - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, TPMS Re-Learing Tool in Cadillac SRX Forums; The 2010 MY did not require this tool. Why did Cadillac, starting with MY 2011, decide to introduce a tool ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: TPMS Re-Learing Tool

The 2010 MY did not require this tool. Why did Cadillac, starting with MY 2011, decide to introduce a tool requirement?

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    The 2010 MY did not require this tool. Why did Cadillac, starting with MY 2011, decide to introduce a tool requirement?
    It is a big conspiracy to make customers come to the shop to rotate tires so they can charge $$$.

Wish I could day I was joking but part of me really believes that. My skeptical side will not rest
    allgm and allgm like this.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

I just removed the snows and replaced the OEM tires and wheels. I was under the assumption the TPMS would automatically re-read the sensors even if in the wrong location. Nothing so far.

Any more recent info as to when in the 2011 model year GM changed the TPMS sensor to one requiring a tool?

jack vines

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

----------

[/COLOR]O'k.....I think I'll research to purchase the tool....either the Kent-Moore (which I favor, since it is essentially GM) or the Ateq, although that seems to be higher priced than the GM Dealer Tool.

Again THANKS for your time and responses.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Here is a link to a pdf document that contains an explanation for the TPMS relearn procedure changes and the effective date.

https://gmspecialservicetools.spx.co...0448_rev_1.pdf

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Just buy the tool. It's $80. And it works with all new GM vehicles. And supposedly Nissan, which I plan to try soon.

It's only a matter of time before these tools cost less than $20. Look at OBDII adapters. They used to cost over $100 for a simple serial cable to connect to your computer. Now you can get a bluetooth adapter for $15 shipped.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Just buy the tool. It's $80. And it works with all new GM vehicles. And supposedly Nissan, which I plan to try soon.

It's only a matter of time before these tools cost less than $20. Look at OBDII adapters. They used to cost over $100 for a simple serial cable to connect to your computer. Now you can get a bluetooth adapter for $15 shipped.
    What's that statement, "Just buy the tool."? Vendors absolutely love people like you. Never question anything, just fork over the money. If the 2010 is able to deal with TPMS without a tool, the ONLY reason I can see for the tool is yet another way for a vendor to price gouge the customer.

It may be "only" $80. But, in the end these things all add up. How did you come to this in your life that it's "only $80" ?

I should start a company and hope all my customers are just like you.
    allgm and allgm like this.

It's good to see your outlook on life hasn't changed any. At least you're consistent.
    GMJim, GMJim, allgm and 1 others like this.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Is it that hard to understand that the TPMS was upgraded, requiring more accurate tools that a simple magnet... I thought I read that the 2010 TPMS doesnt show actual pressure like my 2012 does (except its 1 psi off)... Or is it just about the same thing every 3 months?

The purpose for changing the TPMS relearn procedure was to prevent errant signals from a nearby vehicle, that was also in a simultaneous relearn procedure, possibly being learned by the wrong vehicle.

BTW, the GM tool is just under $70 US from the same site with the pdf document:

https://gmspecialservicetools.spx.co...s.aspx?id=5677

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

Thought I would add what I had found in my research for the Kent Moore tool.......

Try this link, the EL 50448 is approximately $10.00 less here......

http://www.toolsource.com/tire-press...-p-142495.html

Quote Originally Posted by NotMine View Post
    Thought I would add what I had found in my research for the Kent Moore tool.......

Try this link, the EL 50448 is approximately $10.00 less here......

http://www.toolsource.com/tire-press...-p-142495.html
    Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    The purpose for changing the TPMS relearn procedure was to prevent errant signals from a nearby vehicle, that was also in a simultaneous relearn procedure, possibly being learned by the wrong vehicle.
    There's that too. The range on these sensors is ridiculous. I swapped wheels once, and went for a drive before I did the relearn. I was almost 5 miles from the wheels that were still paired when I restarted the car. It was still reading them. There are alot of cars in a 5 miles radius. And the odds are there that two people could potentially be repairing at the same time.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    There's that too. The range on these sensors is ridiculous. I swapped wheels once, and went for a drive before I did the relearn. I was almost 5 miles from the wheels that were still paired when I restarted the car. It was still reading them. There are alot of cars in a 5 miles radius. And the odds are there that two people could potentially be repairing at the same time.
    Is it possible it took that long just to update the display? The broadcast and readout is not continuous.

jack vines

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post

Is it possible it took that long just to update the display? The broadcast and readout is not continuous.

jack vines
    My 2012 is real time. We got a flat, put air in it and drove to the tire shop and watched the pressure go down from 40 to 10 as we drove the two minutes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.