TPMS Re-Learing Tool - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, TPMS Re-Learing Tool in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by MnMs Hate to disagree with you. But the above procedure will not work on 2012. Starting with ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: TPMS Re-Learing Tool

Quote Originally Posted by MnMs View Post
    Hate to disagree with you. But the above procedure will not work on 2012. Starting with Late 2011 Model Year GM vehicles and all vehicles build after that point will support just one TPM relearn procedure - the Dealer Procedure. Or the purchase of a learning tool. Is anyone familar with the Relearn Tool (EL-50448) sold by SPX for about $60 ?
    If that's really true, I will be pulling my tpms sensors off and putting them in a pressure vessel.

dechief4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX

Quote Originally Posted by MnMs View Post
    Tried the magnets today and they did NOT work. Now keep in mind that I purchased a tire and wheel package from Tire Rack with the tires mounted and the sensors installed. Contacted Tire Rack today and they confirmed that the correct sensors were installed. Next stop is a relearn tool.
    Unfortunately, I get to concur with you (not unfortunately I'm concurring with you - unfortunately that the magnets don't work )... I tried today on my OEM tires (what else am I going to do when it's 15 degrees and snowing?)... The magnets didn't work - and I also noticed the stems on these rims are much more 'plasticy' than the previous TPMS stems I've dealt with using the magnets. Sigh.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I think we've gotten to the right answer. GM changed the learning technique from using a magnet to needing a special tool. https://gmspecialservicetools.spx.co...s.aspx?id=5677
    I don't think I'm going to rush right out and buy one but it is nice to finally get to the bottom of the TMPS question.
    Bill

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Glad I have a 2010. But really, what a crock! The old method works just fine. Why did they need to do this? If you buy your tires from someone besides the dealer, now you'll have yet another trip to the dealer just to get your TPMS reset. Oh! Maybe they can find something wrong with you car while it's there and make even more money off of you. Now, can someone give me a GOOD reason why GM did this?
    I am in the wheel business and can not spend the time letting air out of each tire to get a reading, so several years ago I purchased a Bartec TPIS tool new from E-Bay, I probably reset 100 friends and customers car/trucks a year, takes about 10 seconds with the Bartec tool, roughly as long as it takes to remove one valve stem cap.

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Today I tested a relearn tool (ATEQ VT5) from Tire Rack on my 2012 SRX. It worked like a charm and in less than (1) minute I had all four tires relearned. It sure beats the h@ll out of letting the air out and then adding air.

Just make sure that you press the tip of this tool on the side wall of your tire near the valve stem.

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Staying with the 2012 models (Late 2011 models also) What is the part number for these new tire sensors? Someone said that it should be:
    20922900 (GM Part number) Is this correct? and will older sensors from early 2011 and before work on the 2012? I think those may have a 25920615 or 20923680 numbers.

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I had a donut magnet that you could use on some sensor as well. Those won't work anymore?

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by classiccars View Post
    Staying with the 2012 models (Late 2011 models also) What is the part number for these new tire sensors? Someone said that it should be:
    20922900 (GM Part number) Is this correct? and will older sensors from early 2011 and before work on the 2012? I think those may have a 25920615 or 20923680 numbers.
    Take care in that the 2011 TS may not work with your 2012 OBC. I dont know the part number.

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

Question Syncing wheels after rotation?

Owners Manual says to take it to the dealer OR talk with your dealer about a special tool to purchase. I rotate tires about every 3000-4000 miles, depending on use (it's just an OCD). Does anyone have a sync tool, probably Kent Moore, that will accomplish this? Is there another method? One of my neighbors mentioned a magnet??????

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Merged into a thread all about tire learning tools and 2011+ SRXs with TPMS.

Also, if it hasn't been clarified, only a tpms re-learn tool will work. (Like a GM/Kent Moore EL-50448)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I just bought the tool for $80. These days, that seems dirt cheap to me.

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection - 1998 DeVille Mint Cond

Maybe somebody should start a tool rental like netflix.....

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Merged into a thread all about tire learning tools and 2011+ SRXs with TPMS.

Also, if it hasn't been clarified, only a tpms re-learn tool will work. (Like a GM/Kent Moore EL-50448)
    Thanks for your patience and answer. However, unless I missed something in the posts, I didn't see a definitive answer for TIRE ROTATION on a 2012 SRX, only for relearning NEW sensors. Is the tool needed specifically for TIRE ROTATION?

Thanks again....

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

If you rotate your tires and want the display to show the appropriate wheel, then yes you need the tool for the vehicle to relearn the new positions.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

If you keep track of which wheel is where, you dont absolutely need the tool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.