TPMS Re-Learing Tool - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, TPMS Re-Learing Tool in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Huey Driver My 2012 shows actual pressure on the DIC. Other systems I have seen just show ...
    TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: TPMS Re-Learing Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver View Post
    My 2012 shows actual pressure on the DIC. Other systems I have seen just show a light when the tire is low, and some don't even say which tire.
    The SRX uses a high level TPMS system, as compared to lower level systems which just kick off an idiot light when the pressure gets too low.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Agreed, presumably this is for ALL gen-2 years? If that changed for 2012, that would explain the new procedure.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

So what's the bottom line here? Is the process described in this thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tpms-tire.html no longer valid for 2011 and above SRXs?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I think we need to clarify something. MnMs, are these TPMS's on a set of new(2nd) set you are putting on and programming? Or is this your first (original) set that you've rotated and need to relearn so the vehicle's DIC display is accurate?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I have NEW TPMS sensors that I need to have relearned.

dechief4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Ice Premium AWD SRX

For previous year GM products, the 'tool' is nothing more than a high intensity magnet in an easy to hold handle. I bought a couple of rectangular 'strong' magnets from (insert local hardware store here) for under $5 and have used them successfully on several prior GM vehicles (placing the base of the tire stem between the magnets when re-learning). To be honest, tho, I have not yet tried them on my 2012 SRX - I would suspect, however, they would still work as the sensors are still RF and the 'tool' merely helps the vehicle locate the specific tire during the relearn sequence. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by dechief4 View Post
    For previous year GM products, the 'tool' is nothing more than a high intensity magnet in an easy to hold handle. I bought a couple of rectangular 'strong' magnets from (insert local hardware store here) for under $5 and have used them successfully on several prior GM vehicles (placing the base of the tire stem between the magnets when re-learning). To be honest, tho, I have not yet tried them on my 2012 SRX - I would suspect, however, they would still work as the sensors are still RF and the 'tool' merely helps the vehicle locate the specific tire during the relearn sequence. YMMV.
    What year vehicles have you used this technique on? I'm still trying to figure out what to do on my 2011 SRX.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX View Post
    What year vehicles have you used this technique on? I'm still trying to figure out what to do on my 2011 SRX.
    Up thru '09.

Quote Originally Posted by dechief4 View Post
    Up thru '09.
    So we still don't have a definitive answer on what will/won't work on the second generation SRX.

Thanks for the info!

I will give the magnets a try in a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by MnMs View Post
    I will give the magnets a try in a day or two.
    Please report back with results. Thanks!!

gregcpx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by bwclemons View Post
    I just read the procedure you used for the CTS and it is not the proper procedure for our cars. Here is the procedure: Start your car. go to the tire pressure page in the information page. press the end of the turn signal stalk until the horn sounds twice. Go to the front drivers side tire and add or remove air for 5sec. stop and wait until the horn honks once. Press the end of the turn signal stalk once, move to the passenger side front and add or remove air for 5sec stop and wait for the horn to sound once. go back and press the end of the stalk once and move to the passenger side rear and do the same procedure, press the stalk and finally move to the left rear and add or remove pressure for 5sec when your done the horn will honk twice. your done. Shut off the car and now go back and bring the tire pressures to 35psi and your ready to go. Remember you need to complete the learning procedure within 2min or you will need to start over. This procedure is in your owners manual that is in your car on page 10-66 to 10-67. The manual on line is different than the one in your car.
    Will this work for the 2010 Model SRX?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalSRX View Post
    So we still don't have a definitive answer on what will/won't work on the second generation SRX.

Thanks for the info!
    SoCalSRX - The TPMS relearn process for the '11s is detailed on page 10-62 of the .pdf version of your year's Owner's Manual (which is the same procedure detailed in the 2012 OM). That should answer the how - but doesn't answer exactly the 'what with' question. Magnets are inexpensive - buy a pair and give it a shot - if nothing else, you can them use them to hang your kids drawings on the refrigerator...

GREGCPX - Your relearn procedure is on page 9-65 and 9-66 of YOUR .pdf OM - this procedure is different than the '11 and 12's (does not require a 'tool')...

The online versions of said OMs can be found here: http://www.cadillac.com/owners/auto-owners-manuals.html

As always, YMMV...

bwclemons is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury

All 2010 and SOME 2011 SRX's can use the procedure in your manual pages10-66 and 10-67. Newer 2011 and 2012 cars need the relearning tool. They say. Nobody knows exacty when they changed the procedure during 2011. You will have to look in your manual to see which applies. My early 2011 works using the method in my manual by adding or removing pressure in the tires. It will be interesting to see if the magnets will work.

Tried the magnets today and they did NOT work. Now keep in mind that I purchased a tire and wheel package from Tire Rack with the tires mounted and the sensors installed. Contacted Tire Rack today and they confirmed that the correct sensors were installed. Next stop is a relearn tool.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.