Lug Nut Torque Requirement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Lug Nut Torque Requirement in Cadillac SRX Forums; Anyone know the torque requirement for our 2nd gen. SRX wheel lug nuts?...
    MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Lug Nut Torque Requirement

Anyone know the torque requirement for our 2nd gen. SRX wheel lug nuts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

morven39 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance FWD

Re: Lug Nut Torque Requirement

It is 110 ft pounds for the 2010. Page 11-7 in manual.

MnMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Thank You

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

Our 2013 manual (the suppliment page for the 2013 manual) states:

Blue Cone Seats: 110 ft-lb
    Silver Cone Seats: 140 ft-lb

I have the 20" Chrome wheels, and my lug nuts are silver, but without taking off a lug to see what color the cone seats are, does anyone know what the propoer lug torque is for the 20" chrome wheels?

SRXyz is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

My 2012 manual on page 12-2 states 110 ft lb.

Try to check them after getting your car serviced. When I got my car back from its first maintenance, the lugs were put on at 50 ft lbs. I was so glad my wheels didn't fly off.

Exactly my situation, I just want to be sure to use the right torque level when I check them tonight, but want to avoid over-torquing, which can also cause damage.

Back in the day of steel wheels, which usually had a little "flair" around the conical lug nut seat, a little bit of settling after initial wheel installation was accommodated by the generous flex of the steel wheel "flair" and was able to maintain clamping force without re-torquing of the lug nuts after a few miles. Modern alloy wheels don't flex near as much in the lug nut area, thus any settling after driving a few miles following initial installation results in much more clamping force loss and thus requires re-torquing to restore the clamping force and ensure further loosening of the wheel does not occur.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBzSRX View Post
    Our 2013 manual (the suppliment page for the 2013 manual) states:

Blue Cone Seats: 110 ft-lb
    Silver Cone Seats: 140 ft-lb

I have the 20" Chrome wheels, and my lug nuts are silver, but without taking off a lug to see what color the cone seats are, does anyone know what the propoer lug torque is for the 20" chrome wheels?
    I do not have a supplement page for my 2013 manual. Is there any other important information included?

Are you certain is states 110 ft lb and 140 ft lb? My owner manual on page 12-2 states 110 ft lb English and 150 Nm Metric. It makes no mention of silver or blue cones. I also have chrome wheels and am now concerned about proper torque which I also always check after service.

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    I do not have a supplement page for my 2013 manual. Is there any other important information included?

Are you certain is states 110 ft lb and 140 ft lb? My owner manual on page 12-2 states 110 ft lb English and 150 Nm Metric. It makes no mention of silver or blue cones. I also have chrome wheels and am now concerned about proper torque which I also always check after service.
    We purchased our '13 in August, so it may not have been available when you purchased yours (good choice on color too, BTW). You might check w/ your dealer to see if they can provide the supplements. In addition to the one page that added the torque specs as noted in my post, there was a 3-page supplement on the seat memory functions. I'll try to scan them and get them posted (if I can't find a link anywhere).

Here's a link to the 2014 manual that states that the wheel lug torque is 140 ft-lbs (pg 12-2):
    http://www.gm.ca/media/owners/manual...nual_en_CA.pdf

I'm wondering if for some reason they changed the lug nuts and upped the specs mid-way through the '13 MY and the supplement I got was intended to cover whatever the car might have received on the line.

I'll be checking the torque tonight, I'll pull one lug off to see if there is any color to the cone seat and let you know.

My lugs nuts definately have a blue tint to the cone seats, so 110 ft-lbs it is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.