2010 Oil change and tire rotation suprise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 Oil change and tire rotation suprise in Cadillac SRX Forums; We bought our 2010 March 20, 2010. The first oil change was free at our purchasing dealer. Today, with a ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

2010 Oil change and tire rotation suprise

We bought our 2010 March 20, 2010. The first oil change was free at our purchasing dealer. Today, with a little over 10 thousand miles on it we took it in for it's second oil change and tire rotation at our local dealer. When we went to pick it up, I expected to pay between $80 -$100 for the services. They had us sign the ticket, and I asked how much? Cashier said no charge, it is covered under the Cadillac Premium care. I told her that it was a 10, and was she sure? She said yes, it was covered. Has this happened to anyone else? I thought only the 11's and up had this care package. I am not complaining, just very suprised.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: 2010 Oil change and tire rotation suprise

Wow, from what I was just told by other members here, it's only for the 2011 and 2012's. I actually was just in yesterday for an oil change as well but I still had a we owe voucher from them for the last time I was there that they forgot to reset my system and also forgot to reset the tire pressure system from the tire rotation. Anyways, I made a comment that I got screwed but he said that the power train warranty on the 11's and 12's wasn't as good so it's a give and take sorta thing. Anyways, I think you got lucky.....I have paid for about 2 oil changes already and never had it covered.

I guess I will see if they come back later wanting some money.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

they can't ask you to pay after-the-fact ... if they don't catch it before the send it through to GM for the warranty claim GM will reject it and the dealer will have to pay for it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Free oil changes may be the dealer's policy, totally separate from the Cadillac Premium Care program. Some dealers do this. I know my dealer does free lifetime inspections.

Sube

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

also possible ... or your old cadillac dealer could have been closed down ... we've been giving saturn and hummer (and some cadillac) owners free oil changes for a while now

i think you get three free... but i can't remember for sure since i never see the paperwork that the owners get or the owners themselves
    (we actually lose a little bit of money on some of the saturn oil change parts ... labor has to lose some too but i forget what it pays exactly)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day

maybe your finance guy signed you up with the GMPP maintenance plan which includes oil changes and rotations

It definetly says Cadillac Premium Care No Charge on the oil change and tire rotation. They used Mobil 1, and this isn't my selling dealer, it is my local dealer. My selling dealer is about 70 miles away, still in business. They did the first oil change no charge, which they do on all the vehicles they sell. SS these might mean something to you, the line codes are Z2262 for the oil change and Z2263 for the tire rotation. If they sold me an oil change plan at purchase, I didn't knw it. They definetly didn't sell me an extended warranty. Guess I will take this as an early Christmas present. Thanks for the thoughts all.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Sounds like they simply made a mistake and thought the Premium Care Package affects 2010 - present vehicles, or mistakenly listed your car as a 2011. What year model is listed on your invoice?

Sube

2010, with the correct in service date of March 20, 2010. Whatever, I'll take it. If they did make a mistake, I am sure they will run something through warranty to get their money back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.