Daylight savings digital clock resetting
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Daylight savings digital clock resetting in Cadillac SRX Forums; After following the reseting of digital clock inst. and shutting off vehicle for the night or whatever, The digital clock ...
    racingf1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Daylight savings digital clock resetting

After following the reseting of digital clock inst. and shutting off vehicle for the night or whatever, The digital clock resets itself back to the time previously set. My friend has same vehicle and his digital clock is doing exact same thing.

Any way to correct this short of a visit to service. ( the device from hell area at our dealer ) If no easy fix, I'll live with it instead of going to the service dept.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Daylight savings digital clock resetting

Had the same problem. It is a dealer fix. They have to reprogram Radio Nav Unit. Seems to be a common problem. Good Luck

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

GM must have fixed the problem in the 2012's as mine set the first time I tried it and continues to show the right time.
    Bill

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    GM must have fixed the problem in the 2012's as mine set the first time I tried it and continues to show the right time.
    Bill
    If you're right, it sure took them long enough. Yours is the 3rd year the model has been on the street.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

This problem only affected certain vehicles. Personally, I never had the problem. The software update was designed to fix those vehicles that did.

Sube

racingf1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I was hoping someone knew a way to reset digital clock SHORT of a trip to the service dept. If my past dealings with Cadillac service are any indication the fix will take at least a day and I will have to wait an hour for their loaner car and an hour too pick up my car. Even then I will not be sure problem is fixed.

I'll just live with the problem if that's the case.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

we just did one of these ... had to order the radio unit (if that happens to you you'll have to re-load any music on the HDD if you had that option and loaded any)

as i understand it, the service procedure is to first reprogram - then update if the reprogram didn't work - then order a new radio if the update didn't work

the technician has to have GM's techline on the phone to ensure that they're doing the steps correctly and not ordering radios needlessly
    (the radio we needed is currently on backorder, probably due to so many people having this problem, and then the repairs/updates have to be done on the cores that get sent back)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    we just did one of these ... had to order the radio unit (if that happens to you you'll have to re-load any music on the HDD if you had that option and loaded any)

as i understand it, the service procedure is to first reprogram - then update if the reprogram didn't work - then order a new radio if the update didn't work

the technician has to have GM's techline on the phone to ensure that they're doing the steps correctly and not ordering radios needlessly
    (the radio we needed is currently on backorder, probably due to so many people having this problem, and then the repairs/updates have to be done on the cores that get sent back)
    Who all is going to rush out and buy the new models with the CUE system ready for Beta testing?

not you apparently
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    not you apparently
    Dude, after what I've been through on this 2010 model, you got that right.

If Americans want us to continue buying American, then they need to spend more time testing and get it right. I work on software in the financial industry. You would not believe the level of testing our stock trading applications get before we make them public. It could cost us huge $$ if we screwed up a wealthy customer's stock or options trades.

If only car manufacturers saw it the same way. But I guess if your clock won't work, no big deal. After all, it's only a CUSTOMER HASSLE.

My company just gave every employee a book: The Ultimate Question 2.0, by Fred Reichheld. GM and other American car makers would do themselves a favor by doing the same for their employees (if they could get them to read it).
    mw1862 and mw1862 like this.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    If Americans want us to continue buying American, then they need to spend more time testing and get it right. I work on software in the financial industry. You would not believe the level of testing our stock trading applications get before we make them public. It could cost us huge $$ if we screwed up a wealthy customer's stock or options trades.
    lulz, because we all know how wonderful the financial industry has done over the last few years

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

You got that right Jimmy. All that wonderful software didn't prevent the meltdown, and probably contributed to it. Maybe we should get some Indian programmers.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    lulz, because we all know how wonderful the financial industry has done over the last few years

Actually the one I work for has done quite well and was not involved in the "meltdown". Is changing the subject your way of try to detract from my original message? CUSTOMER SERVICE

1. Treat each and every customer as number one.
    2. Ditch the bad mood at the door to provide prompt attention, reliability, product knowledge, and empathy.
    3. Thoroughly explain difficult situations and create a satisfactory compromise.
    4. Listen carefully.
    5. Offer suggestions to complement services.
    6. Always strive for service excellence.
    7. Recommend expert services and professional advice to others.
    8. Be creative.
    9. Welcome feedback for continual improvement.

although my favorite idiom that i tell myself after dealing with people who just aren't reasonable is
    "you can't please everyone"

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Actually the one I work for has done quite well and was not involved in the "meltdown". Is changing the subject your way of try to detract from my original message? CUSTOMER SERVICE
    it's my way of trying to detract from the steve and pony show

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.