Sirius XM January 1, 2012 Price Increase
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Sirius XM January 1, 2012 Price Increase in Cadillac SRX Forums; Sirius XM has announced a BASE price increase from $12.95 to $14.49 per month effective January 1. So if you ...
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Sirius XM January 1, 2012 Price Increase

Sirius XM has announced a BASE price increase from $12.95 to $14.49 per month effective January 1. So if you have a subscription expiring after year end this might be good time to negotiate an extension. I would guess that even a negotiated rate after January 1 will go up some to capture at least part of the $1.54 monthly increase.

I'm going to bite the bullet and go through the painful process in the next few days. I'd rather go to the dentist.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

Re: Sirius XM January 1, 2012 Price Increase

I "bit the bullet" too, however, mine was a little more satisfying; I cancelled. (I didn't use it much to begin with, but I can see if you are in your vehicle a lot, that it could be worth the cost.)

I use mine quite a bit. Great for sports talk radio shows. My last renewals were @ $77/year. I'll hold out for that again unless someone has done better lately.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    I use mine quite a bit. Great for sports talk radio shows. My last renewals were @ $77/year. I'll hold out for that again unless someone has done better lately.
    I just renewed for the same price as last year, $77 plus music royalty fee for a total of approx $90. I swore I wasn't going to renew because the music repeats too often on my favorite channel (Watercolors - smooth jazz). My alternative was to be hooking up my cell phone and using Rhapsody or Pandora, but having to fiddle with the wires every time I get in and out of the car was more than I could bear. If only the 2010 model had Bluetooth for both the phone as well as audio.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Heh. We've had the 14.95 / month for almost three years up here. I wondered how you guys were getting away with a $77 / year promo...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Heh. We've had the 14.95 / month for almost three years up here. I wondered how you guys were getting away with a $77 / year promo...
    Oh Captain, my Captain.... Is there some Canadian law that "sets" the Sirius/XM subscription price or some special tax? If not, just threaten to cancel and you'll get the $77 deal (plus the royalty fee of about $12).

Several years ago I got a "Lifetime" subscription for about $350 which you can transfer 3 times. At first it was a risk in the event they went belly up, but I'm out of the woods now.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Smiley, please let us know how you fare. I have two cars coming up for renewal on Dec 20th. My HHR I could cancel, the SRX, no way my wife will cancel that one. My 11 Avalanche is good till next May because it had one year paid on it.

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I'm interested as well. We pay monthly - can you get a better rate if you pay for the entire year up front? I asked my hubby and said we pay $14 and change per month. I listen to 20 on 20, 80's, 90's and we also get the sports as well.
    I haven't looked at the XM site in awhile, I'm headed over there next to see what the rates are etc.

Edit - it would appear that I have the XM select for $12.95 per month plus taxes/etc. quarterly rate it shows $38.85
    So....is there a better rate and how do I haggle with them? I haven't had the JOY that you all mentioned of dealing with these folks on the phone.
    Any pointers would be appreciated as well as the rates you were able to get.

thanks!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Sirius XM better chill. They're already going to be losing more and more customers. A lot of the newer cars (including the 2013 SRX) are equipped with Pandora integration. Soon no one will want to "pay" for what they can get for free. If anything they should be "lowering" their prices to attract new customers.

Sube

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I just called XM radio. I currently have the XM Select package. She said it's $14.35/month but if you pre pay for the year it would be $157.83 ( mentioned something about being pro rated to today so it would be $143.96 ). She mentioned if I was thinking of cancelling she'd transfer me to another area to negotiate a rate. What's the best rate you guys have gotten so far for this package? I don't even know where to begin to haggle for a rate. Thanks guys!

frankrizzo135 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

If enough people would cancel ,their rates will come down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janecanadian is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Hey Captain,
    I am in Canada (even in Saskatchewan too) and I just renewed mine for 79 bucks...with all the fees I think it was just under 100 bucks...

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

I really have a love/hate relationship with Serius/XM. If they raise the rate, I will protest with my feet and walk.

It worked for BankofAmerica Customers and it worked for Netflix customers.

XM Radio is a luxury I could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Smiley, please let us know how you fare. I have two cars coming up for renewal on Dec 20th. My HHR I could cancel, the SRX, no way my wife will cancel that one. My 11 Avalanche is good till next May because it had one year paid on it.
    Ponyman, I got it done for $85 INCLUDING the royalty fee. I asked for the cancellation department and a friendly lady there was happy to oblige me. I think she sensed I could live without XM.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

These automatic annual rate increases have got to stop. Do they think we all get automatic pay increases? I'm making less now than I did in 2001 so that the top 1% can have even more! I wonder how much the CEO of XM Radio makes? Even if they fired his/her butt, they'd give them millions just to go away.

The ONLY reason I renewed was because they actually lowered my price by a few $$.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.