Recording on the HD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Recording on the HD in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone figured out a way to record a lot of stuff on the HD at a faster speed or ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Recording on the HD

Has anyone figured out a way to record a lot of stuff on the HD at a faster speed or through a USB type of transfer? I want to put some books on disk on it but not a normal speeds.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Recording on the HD

When you "record" a CD to your HDD you're essentially doing two separate things, converting tracks to MP3 format (ripping) and uploading them to the HDD. You can rip CD tracks on a computer and put them onto a thumbdrive first. By doing this you eliminate the most time intensive process, the ripping. Now, you'll only be uploading tracks to the HDD, which is relatively quick. Overall, you're still spending the same amount of time for the entire process, just less time in the car. There is another advantage to using a computer to rip tracks instead of your car. The car rips at 320 Kbps. This produces premium sounding MP3s, which you'll want for music. However, you don't need that high a quality rip for vocal tracks (e.g. audio books). Therefore, you can rip at a lower bitrate for smaller file size and faster transfer.

Sube

I'm not sure I am following you. When I buy a CD book on my computer it comes as a down load and takes about three minutes for the whole book. If I want to convert that data to CD's it takes a little longer but not real time by any means. Is there any way to use the computer data directly to the HD and end up with the same results without writing to CD's? The only input device that I am aware of is the Iphone plug in the center box. Thanks

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I'm not sure I am following you. When I buy a CD book on my computer it comes as a down load and takes about three minutes for the whole book. If I want to convert that data to CD's it takes a little longer but not real time by any means. Is there any way to use the computer data directly to the HD and end up with the same results without writing to CD's? The only input device that I am aware of is the Iphone plug in the center box. Thanks
    When you download the book file from the vendor what is it's format? MP3, etc.? If it's a format that the Caddy recognizes you could just copy the file to a thumb drive, plug the thumb drive into the USB port of the SRX, then copy from the USB to your HD. No ripping is needed in this case.

Ripping is only required when you have a CD source that needs to be read and saved in a file format on the computer or SRX hard drive. If you already have the book as a file AND the file is a format recognized by the SRX, then you can just copy it.

Thanks Steve I'll give it a try. I think the data is MP3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.