Warning about On Star - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Warning about On Star in Cadillac SRX Forums; There is a reason there are few women on auto forums. You have to have a thick skin, and be ...
    JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Warning about On Star

There is a reason there are few women on auto forums. You have to have a thick skin, and be able to accept criticism. The only person really complaining in this thread is you. You feel Onstar has wronged you, and several of us disagree. If you don't think we are entitled to our opinions, then I am sorry, but that is your problem.

Once again, we appreciate you sharing your info and your story though.
    smiley47 and smiley47 like this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

fwiw, I would never give Onstar my business anyway, because it is not worth it to me for the price they want.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

I will be the first to apologize as my intentions was not to pick on you but to point out how I felt because I'm only searching for info on pricing on direction and connections package before I start a new topic but I wouldn't pick up on you if you was a man because I rather not argue I just wanted you understand my position so doesn't matter if you didn't remember or didn't want to share I respect it if you say it but I have learned a lot today and I want to still would like to say have a nice day!!

P.S. thank you for the link you did provide as I forgot to say thanks in last response and I also apologize for posting in your topic after you request me not to but just wanted to let you know no hard feelings because I don't do message board wars so continue to enjoy your nice car as you have good taste like me

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Ok, you go take your car in for service and have someone tell you sorry mr so and so we know you bought the extended warranty that is supposed to cover everything but sorry, we decided that neh, we're not covering the work done today - sorry too bad so sad. We downgraded what we told you that you purchased and didn't tell you about it. I'm sure you'd be mad too. That was the point I was making about onstar. I PAID for something and THEY tried to rip me off and change the rules downgrading the additional 3 mths to a plan I have zero use for. Just to put this all to rest, I did do my research and checked back on every single monthy diagnosic report and it says I have directions and connections, not safe and sound and additionally, that the directions/connections was valid thru the end of January. So....again for all of you who think I'm complaining for nothing, I clearly have something to complain about. I didn't do anything wrong and I am well within my boundries to stand up and fight for what I rightfully paid for. I thought I was being really thoughtful and kind to everyone to return the many favors I have gotten here and giving some useful info again just trying to help. But oh no, the negative nellies have to jump down my throat and rip me a new one. The purpose of the board is to share info.

You all took my post way out of context and took it to a place that it never should have gone. I am a woman, obviously, and I have just as much of a right to be here as the rest of you. I do have thick skin, some of you just happen to picked a fight over something that you completely mis read and treated me very poorly, I have never been rude or out of line with anyone here. Again, I didn't want to see another member go thru the grief that I had to endure so I wanted to tell everyone what happened, like a hey, heads up, this happened to me, if you negotiated the same package, be on the look out for a possible sudden downgrade, even thought you shouldn't be downgraded. That's it.

I can't believe I am taking the time to even explain this to some of you - if you read it correctly the first time, you'd see that my intentions were good. I certainly did not start the war - the first post after mine was nasty and mean and I was accused of complaining for nothing. That was uncalled for and certainly not appreciated.

I post useful info to help others and get a new *** chewed. Great way to treat a member guys!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post

.............You all took my post way out of context and took it to a place that it never should have gone.........
    I didn't.

Aren't at least some of us fed up with any bait and switch, like the one discussed here? And what I find truly amazing is how each of us, one by one, has to "negotiate" price on either OnStar or XM/Sirius in the first place. What's with that?

Or chase them down after we cancel a subscription because one or the other keeps billing our credit card. What's with that?

Or argue with a dealership service manager over a (larger $) item or problem with the SRX, are told that the (racket, gasoline sloshing in the tank, hard shifts, turbo lag, malfunctioning A/C, fill in the blank) is normal, then have to point out to them the issue is clearly covered in a TSB......and then the final insult, have to print out the freakin' TSB and show it to him/them! What's with that?

Is your wasted time worth nothing to you when you have to fight for something that should be a done deal in the first place?

So I ask you fellow forum members........where do you draw the line? At what dollar amount? At what degree of annoyance or severity or personal expense? At what point do you feel that the principal of the matter is worth your while pursuing, regardless of what it would alternatively cost you to simply capitulate and take care of it (eat it) out of pocket? Is it $1, or $100, $1,000, or three months of a subscription service?

Expect (or demand) what you have a perfect right to expect, better service, and you will probably get it. Accept less, do nothing, and poor service will continue and follow you wherever you go.

PJ

PS: BTW.......no offense intended to anyone here. Complaining relieves stress, as long as it is followed up with action and success, even if the victory is just a moral victory. The advice/support I have received here on this forum has bailed me out time and again.

^I am confused. Are those your words, PJ, in bold, inside the quote? If so, you might want to fix that.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Sorry Jimmy. I noticed that and fixed it. PJ

you still had it in the quote. I fixed it for you.

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

ENOUGH!

It appears there's a possibility you could have your OnStar service downgraded without your knowledge. For some stupid reason you must watch this.

End of subject.

Thank you.
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.