Warning about On Star - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Warning about On Star in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 Hi Everyone! I am still stewing over this 4 hours later and wanted to tell you ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Warning about On Star

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I am still stewing over this 4 hours later and wanted to tell you all what happened to me today. So over a year ago, I renewed my onstar directions and connections package. Thanks to the tips on the forum, I negotiated the 1 year contract plus 3 mths free plus 100 phone minutes. Sweet. Today, I pressed my button for directions and the witch that took the call told me that this would be my last set of directions since I only have safe & sound plan. I told her, no, you are mistaken, I have directions and connections. Well, ended up getting into a battle with her over what package I had and I immediately told her to get me her supervisor. Guy comes on the line and says no, after your 1 year the extra 3 mths are only safe and sound package! WTF? Um, no.....why in the world would I negotiate an extra 3 mths of a package that is of no use to me? Makes ZERO sense! Long story short wanted to warn everyone who negotiated a better contract incase this happens to you as well. My blood was boiling and I requested customer care. I finally got someone who was nice and she said that they will review the call and escalate to upper managment. She gave me an extra 3 mths so now I have 6 extra months of DIRECTIONS & CONNECTIONS. This totally wasted 25 min of my time this morning not to mention it totally ticked me off. I told them that I was a member of the forum here and that I'd be sure to post about my experience. I'm seriously thinking about just buying a nice Garmin after the 6 mths are up. On star is nice but I think it's way too expensive considering what they offer. Yes, it's nice to have it built in with the extra features like accident sensors etc but still. Have any of you ditched on star for a garmin or like and are you happy with the switch?
    Thank you for posting about your experience. Unfortunately sometimes "these things happen". If the customer service representatives you spoke with were nasty and/or disrespectful, than I hope GM/Cadillac looks into this as the call was probably recorded. In the end, I'm happy to hear everything worked out. I think the deal you now have is probably worth the time you spent on the phone. But like you mentioned, it should have never happened...

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    This story with OnStar is exactly why I let my wife handle things like this. I do not have the patients nor the personality to work with a person whom I think has screwed me. My wife treats them like long lost friends and gets it all worked out without any trouble. The thing is I KNOW my limitations.
    This is exactly how I handle things...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Oh Lord, would it be alright if I complained about how mistreated I've been by OnStar? Some of us don't chose to have wives to hide behind. (Or want the bother of bitchy females for that matter.)

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by SRX312 View Post
    Dear CadiGirl...I fully understand your position and reaction to how you were treated by OnStar. And I thank you for reporting this situation to us on the forum. What surprises me is that other members of this forum have personal issues with other people's anger and that it seems to upset them and maked them come down on you...the actual victim in this situation. Sounds to me like these people are taking too much Valium and Prozac...and have lost their normal and expected human feelings, emotions, passions when something like this happens. Of course you would get rip roaring mad to find out the plan you bought was changed without full disclosure and it makes one mad to be mistreated by a customer service rep. And for those of us who are super busy in life, we dont have the time to waste 25 mintues during our waking hours. We're not sitting around smoking pot with the #OWS crowd, we're not beach bums in California, we're not surfing for a living in Hawaii. We're busy to the max. We dont have time for this. We dont treat other people like this or run our own businesses like this. You were mistreated and of course it would be upsetting. I support you and understand. Thank you for your post. Please continue to post on this forum any time you want !!
    Thank you! I wasn't looking to be scolded or bashed, I just didn't want this annoyance to happen to anyone else. I didn't think it was so wrong to expect for what I paid for. And....that was the least onstar could do for me for the waste of my time and their screw up. Anyways, thanks for the nice note!

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Too many folks on this forum complain but DO TOO LITTLE OR NOTHING constructive to rectify a misunderstanding, a perceived incompetence, or an outright stonewall on an service issue when they are in the right. Being in the right gets you nothing. Standing your ground and expecting to get what you contracted and paid for does. This is especially true when the discussions should be kicked up a rung or two on the chain of command ladder. Consequently, businesses knowingly or unknowingly come to accept an internal culture of poor customer service. Then all consumers suffer.

I don't need OnStar or XM/Sirius, or GM for that matter; I choose to buy their products and services.....and I will accept nothing less from either of them having made that choice and having reached an agreement on the subscription service or vehicle. Repeat, nothing less.

I chalk this one as a consumer victory, even if caddygirl was just standing on principal (which she wasn't) and the dollars and cents were not worth the hassle (they were).

Re guys handing off "negotiations" to their better half when discussions break down..........in my household, that would be total overkill; and I would be indicted for criminal crimes against humanity were I to do so.

PJ

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Since there are two comments in regards to passing off "customer service" calls to "the wife", I'll respond. I'm actually incredibly good dealing with people - especially irate people. However, I don't sweat the small stuff and let my wife handle things that a secretary might. Since she's quite happy doing just that, it continues to happen. If for some reason things get out of control and she can't handle it, I come in, act like an unemotional robot and finish the call. It rarely comes to that.
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

You definitely are an unemotional robot. C-3P0 would be ashamed of you.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

so cad girl, did you ever get the other issues you had with your srx resolved ? and where did you end up going for the service ?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    so cad girl, did you ever get the other issues you had with your srx resolved ? and where did you end up going for the service ?
    Hey Razorecko!

Well, that flutter noise seems to really gotten quiet so I've almost forgotten about it. The shutter of the RPM guage still happens from time to time despite the fact that I have stuck with BP gas at all times now and stayed away from Citgo. Been busy and just haven't done anything. I am due for an oil change and I think I'll just go to Steve Foley and see how that works out. It's just too far for me to drive to the other place you suggested. But....if things get noisy again, I'll re consider.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

so im curious on how much did you pay for the 1 year service with extra 3 months and if those 3 months will work with on star app because i will have to renew soon....but i totally agree with you having to debate with somebody over that

Quote Originally Posted by daddie2k3 View Post
    so im curious on how much did you pay for the 1 year service with extra 3 months and if those 3 months will work with on star app because i will have to renew soon....but i totally agree with you having to debate with somebody over that
    If you go back in the threads to about October of last year, I think Sube or another member was posting tips on renewing with on star, I requested that rate, with the 3 additional mths and 100 minutes.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    If you go back in the threads to about October of last year, I think Sube or another member was posting tips on renewing with on star, I requested that rate, with the 3 additional mths and 100 minutes.
    So why can't you tell him what you paid? People on this board (including me) have been very helpful whenever you have had problems or questions.
    daddie2k3 and daddie2k3 like this.

Seriously, what is up with everyone???? You're asking me to recall how much I paid for something that was 1 year ago??? Really??? Sorry but I can't remember half the time what I paid 2 weeks ago let alone 1 year ago. Geeze, stop with the attacks. This has NOTHING to do with how helpful anyone has or hasn't been. The price that I negotiated is in the thread about renewing with on star - look it up and it's all there. Plus, it's been a year anyways, I'm sure the negotiated rate changed. Also, I just re asked the question about a month ago and I think it was Sube who answered me.

By the way, here's the link to the old thread http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...n-renewal.html

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

"attacks"?? What attacks?

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

first i want to say thanks smiley!!...but i wasnt going to say anything at first but when i seen the attacks comment i had to....so this post was about you had a hassle with onstar and you lost time of your life that you didnt think was needed so i was thinking the same thing about me going from page to page or search for something when a topic is on the first page mmmm so i was in your same boat of being a little upset because when i did search and find it, the topic only talked about safe and sound package but you were talking about getting directions which i thought was directions and connections package so there i was back at the drawing board of not knowing how much is the discount price of the directions and connections package because i was told thats the package you have to use with the app but even if thats not true about the app i still dont know price so.....moral of my post "do unto others as you would want them to do unto you" food for thought

P.S. if you dont remember something i think it would be easlier to say "i dont remember"....have a great day and hope you dont get hassled again!!

For those select few who keep looking for trouble were there isn't get off your high horses and come back down to reality. I was more than helpful in my response. Really - what a bunch of whiny cry babies you all are. Grow up and man up and quick giving a lady a hard time. I did nothing wrong. You are all looking for trouble where there is NONE. I have been more than helpful and very appreciative of any help or tips I have gotten here. I have posted many thank you notes for all the helpful information I have gotten and again, it's thanks to Sube that I got the rate that I got. How dare you call me out and accuse me of withholding information. Really? Maybe you should think before you go on the attack and call people out. Yeah that was my intention, to purposely withhold information about how much I paid for my onstar. I am absolutely shocked to say the least. Please do not reply to this message, I quite frankly don't care what other remarks you have to add. Grow up and quit picking on a woman!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.