Chrome Grill Upper & Lower - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Chrome Grill Upper & Lower in Cadillac SRX Forums; I ordered the three piece set about ten days ago and never received it. I e-mailed the company, showtrix, and ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Chrome Grill Upper & Lower

I ordered the three piece set about ten days ago and never received it. I e-mailed the company, showtrix, and after two days they responded with"Check your local post office". I did and they did not have it. I e-mailed the company again and haven't heard from them since. It might be the season but they are not real good on customer relations. I will try to find the same product with another company. I'm real glad they didn't take my credit card.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I mailed a money order to Showtrix on Dec 3 and received grill kit Dec 15. They sent me a E-Mail that it was shipped Dec 12. Tx to Ohio.

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the same 4 piece grille kit as Delores. Got it on e-bay from Billet-anything. I was checking out the Cadillac crest for removal and I noticed what looks like 2 tabs on each side of the crest near the top. It looks like they snap into the grey surround. Did anyone else notice these? It was my understanding that it was just attached with 3M tape. Did they make a change for 2012? Help!!!!!!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

No, i got my upper grill back when the dealer changed mine out. My crest had two snaps to assist in holding it in place along with the 3M.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    No, i got my upper grill back when the dealer changed mine out. My crest had two snaps to assist in holding it in place along with the 3M.
    Thanks, Captain. I saw some pictures of the grille without the crest, and I see what you're talking about.

jerryc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Where can you get fog light chrome

[QUOTE=jerryc;3186895]Where can you get fog light chrome[/QU Google Showtrix Accessories

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lencarguy View Post
    Well, I took the plunge and ordered the same 4 piece grille kit as Delores. Got it on e-bay from Billet-anything. I was checking out the Cadillac crest for removal and I noticed what looks like 2 tabs on each side of the crest near the top. It looks like they snap into the grey surround. Did anyone else notice these? It was my understanding that it was just attached with 3M tape. Did they make a change for 2012? Help!!!!!!
    I purchased one of these last week and there are three slots on the chrome center piece for tabs on the crest. Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to remove this crest? I see no easy way to get access to it from behind. I get the fishing line idea, but once it is loose how do I free it from the tabs?

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

I'll answer my own question in case someone tries to tackle this job later. Removing the crest is not that difficult, the tabs, of which their are three sets on the 2012, just stick through the base piece on the car, they do not hook or fasten to the car. So if you just use the heat and fishing line solution to remove the crest it will come right off. Now I had to buy some double sides 3M tape to re-apply it on the chrome kit because I didn't feel enough of the tape stayed on the crest and I was afraid it might fall off in time.

Anyway, the kit from Billet Anything really dresses up the front end of the SRX in my opinion. My only concern is how long it will last, will it start flaking off in a year or two....if it does I will post in this thread, but right now it looks terrific!

Mine looks like it did the day I put it on Oct 2011. Been through 3 Ohio winters road salt ect
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Mike View Post
    I'll answer my own question in case someone tries to tackle this job later. Removing the crest is not that difficult, the tabs, of which their are three sets on the 2012, just stick through the base piece on the car, they do not hook or fasten to the car. So if you just use the heat and fishing line solution to remove the crest it will come right off. Now I had to buy some double sides 3M tape to re-apply it on the chrome kit because I didn't feel enough of the tape stayed on the crest and I was afraid it might fall off in time.

Anyway, the kit from Billet Anything really dresses up the front end of the SRX in my opinion. My only concern is how long it will last, will it start flaking off in a year or two....if it does I will post in this thread, but right now it looks terrific!
    Indy_Mike likes this.

dallyalley is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I removed the wreath altogether. Much much better.

jsomtiques is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 gray flannel and 1988 allante

I just replace the grill in our 2011 with a 2014 grill. It gives us a whole new look and who would ever know?

Maximumkk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD - Silver Coast w/ Shale-Brownstone

Quote Originally Posted by jsomtiques View Post
    I just replace the grill in our 2011 with a 2014 grill. It gives us a whole new look and who would ever know?
    We do!

Max
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.