Preformance chip
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Lencarguy
  • 2 Post By TheCaptain
  • 2 Post By PJ1520
  • 2 Post By greyghost04
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Preformance chip in Cadillac SRX Forums; New to the froum Just ordered a 2012 SRX Luxury model FWD Has any tryed this chip and whot are ...
    newlee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Preformance chip

New to the froum
    Just ordered a 2012 SRX Luxury model FWD
    Has any tryed this chip and whot are your thoughts on it?

$69 Cadillac SRX Chip 60 Horsepower Increase 7 MPG Boost Custom ECU Chip Easy Installation www.GFChips.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Lencarguy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Ebony

Re: Preformance chip

From what I've read about any of these chips, about all you'll gain is a lighter wallet.
    GMJim and GMJim like this.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Scam o matic. You need a tune from a pro, or someone with trifecta or something similar.
    GMJim and GMJim like this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I love the advertising, though.

Isn't it funny how in a highly competitive automotive market an OEM can spend time, engineering resource, and huge development dollars on a new engine (SRX 3.6L for 2012) to squeeze out every last bit of horsepower, lb. ft. of torque, and every last tenth of a gallon of fuel economy...........and then miraculously, within 60 days of the engine's release, some aftermarket company seems to miraculously "find" another 20% in horsepower and 28% in fuel economy? And for the bargain price of $69!!!!!!!!!

SCAM does not adequately describe this kind of stuff. I am not saying that (modest) performance improvements with a chip are not possible. But if it were all this easy, we'd still be looking at a 3.0L V6 with a chip in the 2012 SRX.

And they get away with this type of fleece advertising with two words: "up to." I wish these aftermarket companies were required to to disclose proof of these bogus and exaggerated claims before they are allowed to put this stuff on the market.

PJ
    Frikiton and Frikiton like this.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

PJ1520 is so right on the money about these scams. Gm spends a billion dollars to gain .5 miles per gallon, while these scams can do 4 miles per gallon gain for $69. A fool and his money are soon parted.
    Frikiton and Frikiton like this.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I almost forgot.........WELCOME TO THE FORUM NEWLEE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE OF YOUR NEW SRX! I hope you don't think these comments were meant to insult you or your intelligence. I for one am glad you asked the question. I think you will find that the folks on this forum are very helpful and courteous.

PJ

ps: You have great taste in automobiles.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I e-mailed Vince at trifecta and he sent me his dyno chart for his 2010 Buick with the same engine as the SRX. It shows a big gain in the lower rpm range where most of us live. It drops off from the OEM above 5500 rpm but I never go there anyway. I asked him about fuel usage and he has not gotten back to me yet. It looks like for daily use this would be a big improvement. He did say that he would recommend buying the flash cable so that your car could be reflashed when it is necessary to take it in for dealer service since they would be able to tell that it had been reprogrammed. I have only heard good things about Vince but have no first hand knowledge about him or his program.

UPDATE: Vince says that he has reprogrammed 2100 cars with no problems and that soon he will offer the program and the cable to SRX owners for $415 and you get to keep the cable to reprogram your car back to OEM specs anytime you take it in to the dealer. He also said that he would never put out a product that would harm an engine.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1520 View Post
    I almost forgot.........WELCOME TO THE FORUM NEWLEE AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PURCHASE OF YOUR NEW SRX! I hope you don't think these comments were meant to insult you or your intelligence. I for one am glad you asked the question. I think you will find that the folks on this forum are very helpful and courteous.

PJ

ps: You have great taste in automobiles.
    I did not take it as an insult. Was just curious if any one actualy had tried this as it is I saw it advertised when I first came to the forum.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

FYI: the performance chips you see advertised up at the top of the forums are google network ads. We have no control over the contents of those ads. Those chips are a scam, snake oil. It irritates me that they are allowed to advertise. But as I said, we cannot control it. And we certainly don't endorse them.

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Congratulations on your 2012 SRX.
    How are you enjoying it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frikiton View Post
    Congratulations on your 2012 SRX.
    How are you enjoying it ?

It's on order. Will be another 4 to 6 weeks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.