Luxury AWD verse Performance FWD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Luxury AWD verse Performance FWD in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am considering a 2012 SRX, my budget has me limited to either a AWD Luxury or a Performance FWD ...
    ductman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Luxury AWD verse Performance FWD

I am considering a 2012 SRX, my budget has me limited to either a AWD Luxury or a Performance FWD , The one major item that is swaying myself to the Performance is the HID lights, I have them on my Acura now and would not have a car without them, I have no interest in the aftermarket on the Luxury, I do live in the northeast, any opinions in regards to the handling in the dry AWD verse FWd, also the snow issue, any feedback with the 20in tires with the FWD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Re: Luxury AWD verse Performance FWD

My suggestion is do what ever you have to do to afford both awd and performance for hid's it can't raise the payment more than 10-20 dollars a month i would not think. go to an 11 if you have to and can find one still new as there are probably good incentives on them I would rather have awd and performance over new motor and luxury if money is that tight.

srx2012 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury w/ Nav

Re: Luxury AWD verse Performance FWD

My "little" input as I have a 2012 Lux FWD and it is peppy. I don't see much problem with the FWD (but have not driven the 4wd). What I do miss is the HID... I would probably give up the 4wd for the HID if it was me. You WILL be changing out the halogen bulbs for some other H11 or converting to H9 or something to get more light. The stock lights, well... suck. I just put fogs on mine and can't say they make a huge improvement.

Keeping to your question, I'd go with the HIDs... that is the ONLY thing I miss from my other car or as said above test drive the 2010-2011 and see if you like the engine/power/trans.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.