Swapping Wheels/Tires - New TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Swapping Wheels/Tires - New TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors) in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm thinking about getting another set of wheels and tires. My question is, if I get another set and install ...
    classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Swapping Wheels/Tires - New TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors)

I'm thinking about getting another set of wheels and tires. My question is, if I get another set and install the TPMS (Pressure Sensors) in them, will the vehicle's computer recognize the new and different sensors? Will I have to do anything (Reset or calibrate) each time I swap the wheels off and on? Will it know the location of each sensor? (Swapping, rotating the tires.)
    Last question. What is the Part Number for the correct TPMS used on a 2012 SRX?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day

Re: Swapping Wheels/Tires - New TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensors)

you will have to program the sensors each time they are changed, when you put the old wheelset back on you will have to program them again

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Just FYI, you'll need to reprogram the TPMS whenever you get the tires rotated as well. I'd assumed they'd do this just like the oil life meter, but I was wrong. They neglected to do it and I'll bet they're not the only ones.

Sube

O.K. For those of us who like to rotate their own tires, I now understand that the TPMS sensors will need to be programmed. The owner's manual talks about it a little. They state that you will need a "Relearn Tool" that you place by the valve stem. Here is my next question: What is a "Relearn Tool", and how much does that cost? It this the correct one for our 2010-2012 SRX's?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/OTC-3833-4-T...-/270839004684

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

A relearn tool is your air fill chuck (or your thumb if you're a cheap ass. lol). Just don't tie the chuck to the air line.

All you need to do, is go into the DIC, on your Tire Pressure screen, hit reset, select yes. Now hop outside, and follow the vehicles' lights around it to see which tire it wants to relearn. The SRX learns which tire is active by YOU changing the pressure significantly in a short amount of time.

Usually letting air out for five-ish seconds does the trick. Then you can fill the tires back up to pressure and be on your way. Easy as pie!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

They should explain that in the manual. That is too easy. Makes sense.
    I was already looking for some sort of fancy "Relearn Tool" to "Reprogram" the sensors.
    The order goes: Driver's front - Pass's front - Pass's rear - Driver's rear.
    Thanks again Captain for your help.

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    A relearn tool is your air fill chuck (or your thumb if you're a cheap ass. lol). Just don't tie the chuck to the air line.

All you need to do, is go into the DIC, on your Tire Pressure screen, hit reset, select yes. Now hop outside, and follow the vehicles' lights around it to see which tire it wants to relearn. The SRX learns which tire is active by YOU changing the pressure significantly in a short amount of time.

Usually letting air out for five-ish seconds does the trick. Then you can fill the tires back up to pressure and be on your way. Easy as pie!
    Captain: When you say, "follow the vehicles' lights around it to see which tire it wants to relearn," which lights are you referring to?

Thanks for your help!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The park/signal lights will light up according to which tire it wants done next, you can't miss it.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.