First Waxing on 2012 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, First Waxing on 2012 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I took delivery on my 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat SRX Premium last week. My question is how long should I ...
    duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

First Waxing on 2012 SRX

I took delivery on my 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat SRX Premium last week. My question is how long should I wait to apply the first coat of wax. Does Cadillac have a recommended time frame to apply first coat of wax. Also does anyone recommend a wax or polish for the crystal red tintcoat? Any information will be most helpful! Loving my new wheels in New Orleans!!

Duke11

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: First Waxing on 2012 SRX

No official from Cadillac, but two weeks after delivery should be sufficient.

Meguiars Gold Class does an awesome job with whatever i touch with it. Though i don't wax my SRX, i get it Diamond Glossed.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Willo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I use the wax which the Captain recommends...can't be beat. I (used to) do it twice a year (fall and spring) and if you really want to keep that SRX finish looking incredibly shiny and smooth, get a bottle of SpeedShine from Griot's Garage. http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...rrivals&page=1

Easy to apply and the shine is awesome. Since I've been using it, I have cut back on the car waxing to once a year.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Captain is right about the waiting time. Body shops will tell you the same thing when you get your first boo-boo. My wife......., never mind. I don't need to be telling more gruesome stories this close to Halloween.

PJ

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

I don't want to hijack this thread but while we are on the topic of detailing the SRX I'd like to ask what you guys are using on the black plastic running along the rocker panels.
    Winter is approaching and need to get a last detailing in, up to this point I haven't used anything on the rockers but am very cautious not to get any wax on them.

Just looking for your opinion on the product and how long they lasts.
    Thanks!

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Quote Originally Posted by Jake2010 View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread but while we are on the topic of detailing the SRX I'd like to ask what you guys are using on the black plastic running along the rocker panels.
    Winter is approaching and need to get a last detailing in, up to this point I haven't used anything on the rockers but am very cautious not to get any wax on them.

Just looking for your opinion on the product and how long they lasts.
    Thanks!
    Jake, I use a Meguiares product called "Ultimate Black". It works great on the rocker panel material and the rear tailgate plate. Not glossy, seems to penetrate, and is long lasting after numerous car washes. I had staining from rain water splashed up and didn't wash off easily. This cured it. I can't speculate on how it will hold up to salt spray but I'd give it several coats for extra protection and see how it performs in winter weather.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I have been using " EAGLE ONE TRIM PROTECTOR GEL " Seems to last and leaves Black plastic natural color. I use a foam pad to apply makes a more even apperance. Use on front , back & sides.

Tom Wheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 SRX, 2012 CTS Sport Wagon

The first thing you should do with any new vehicle is to clay bar the finish, most new vehicles are at one point shipped by rail and as such will have rail dust that sticks to paint finish. Also more than likely your vehicle was built more than 30 days ago, so there is no need to wait before polishing your vehicle. Using a clay bar is easy and it will remove all this and other contamination. As for the waxing or polishing after I would suggest the high quality products from Zanio or Adam’s, here is a link to both of them:
    http://www.zainostore.com/
    http://www.adamspolishes.com/
    Both companies’ products in my opinion (an avid car detailer since the 70’s) are much better than the stuff you can buy at your local store. They both offer kits that include everything from the clay bar to the final top coat product. If you do a search on these two products you will find nothing but high praises for them.
    Hope this helps,
    Tom

Jake2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX - Premium - Black Raven / Titanium - Chrome Tech

Thanks! I appreciate the input and will checkout these products!

Smiley, I have the exact same problem... something splashed behind the back wheels, muddy water or something, but it doesn't wash off easily. Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.