2012 SRX importing phonebook - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum (2010-2016) Discussion, 2012 SRX importing phonebook in Cadillac SRX / XT5 Forums; Originally Posted by macklobell I finally got it work after researching this relentlessly on the internet. When my android phone ...
    SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

Re: 2012 SRX importing phonebook

Quote Originally Posted by macklobell View Post
    I finally got it work after researching this relentlessly on the internet. When my android phone starts up, there is a message at the top that says phonebook transfer request. One forum noted that the user had to go in to the notifications screen and select always allow phonebook transfer. Once I completed this, the phonebook appeared on the nav screen and it works perfect. So anyone with an Android phone might want to try this.
    Mack: I get the "phonebook transfer request" (PBAP), but when I hit OK nothing happens. Is there another setting in the phone?

Thanks!

kjcadi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I'm having the same problem with my 2012 SRX. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it successfully pairs however, the phone book does not load. My old Galaxy S3 paired and worked perfectly for years and years; never the slightest problem. Odd thing is, phone book sporadically shows up but, it does not stay on. I've unpaired and paired many times, made sure my contacts were saved to my device, but still the problem persists. Very frustrating considering the Galaxy S5 is much newer than the S3. It's either a phone issue, a vehicle issue, or Bluetooth issue. Anyone got the solution? (I know what the problem is!) Thanks....

SoCalSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury with Navigation

What solved the problem for me was to be sure that contacts from only one account were showing on my phone. On my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, here's how I got to the "contacts to display" page:

contacts-->settings-->contacts (again)-->contacts to display

When you get to that point, there's a list of the various accounts you have on your phone. For me, only one of those accounts had contacts, so I unchecked all of the accounts except the one account that had my contacts in it. I then re-paired the phone with the car.

Some people have reported that the best way to do this is to uncheck all of the accounts, and then go into "customized list," at which point you again only check the account that has your contacts. You may have to experiment a bit to see which method works (or if either will work).

Be sure that when the phone connects to the car, and asks you if it's OK to share your phone book, you tick "allow" and make the permission permanent.

Good luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.