2012 SRX Luxury headlight question - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX Luxury headlight question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Question does any know of any videos of srx bulb replacement .. Seems like i could find all kinds of ...
    cadillac 31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: 2012 SRX Luxury headlight question

Question does any know of any videos of srx bulb replacement .. Seems like i could find all kinds of videos on youtube except srx

phunter1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

No video that I know of. Here is a good thread on replacing the low beam headlight bulbs. In this case, he installed HID ballasts and bulbs, instead of just replacing the bulbs. Changing just the bulbs is even easier. Changing the low beam bulbs is also covered in the owners manual.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ossible-2.html

Phil

cadillac 31 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

another question any srx owners in nyc area im looking for a good hid installer who understands how to keep drls working

Michael1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac six

Quote Originally Posted by xchief View Post
    First let me say hi to all, I am new to your Forum. Just took ownership of a new 2012 SRX Lux .
    Very nice new car and very happy with the purchase. I am waiting for my fog lights (on back order) and
    knew going in that the headlight low beam is not the greatest, my question is has anyone changed out
    there lamps for silverstars. I did this in my other truck (H-3) on both the headlights and fog with much
    better results. I was just wondering how difficult it is to get at and change the lamps in the SRX and also
    which lamp is the proper replacement H-10 or H-11 , owners manual says H-10 (low beam and fog) but
    that seems questionable for the low beam????
    Thanks
    silver star

I have a 2010 Cadillac srx and I changed the headlight bulbs to silver star ultras it wasn't to bad ,first the drivers side remove the fuse box and cover to gin access to the headlight assembly the passengers side is a little more difficult ,first remove the plastic piece covering the engine remove a 10 mm bolt and also the oil cap then loosen the clamp that goes to the air breather box take off the air breather lid and remove the air filter also unplug a small connector in front of air breather right coner front so later you can remover the air breather box the inside the air breather box you have 2 torx bolts and one outside bottom front right side ,remove with number 30 torx remove air breather box and you can gain access to the passenger side of headlight

----------

Quote Originally Posted by xchief View Post
    First let me say hi to all, I am new to your Forum. Just took ownership of a new 2012 SRX Lux .
    Very nice new car and very happy with the purchase. I am waiting for my fog lights (on back order) and
    knew going in that the headlight low beam is not the greatest, my question is has anyone changed out
    there lamps for silverstars. I did this in my other truck (H-3) on both the headlights and fog with much
    better results. I was just wondering how difficult it is to get at and change the lamps in the SRX and also
    which lamp is the proper replacement H-10 or H-11 , owners manual says H-10 (low beam and fog) but
    that seems questionable for the low beam????
    Thanks
    silver star

I have a 2010 Cadillac srx and I changed the headlight bulbs to silver star ultras it wasn't to bad ,first the drivers side remove the fuse box and cover to gin access to the headlight assembly the passengers side is a little more difficult ,first remove the plastic piece covering the engine remove a 10 mm bolt and also the oil cap then loosen the clamp that goes to the air breather box take off the air breather lid and remove the air filter also unplug a small connector in front of air breather right coner front so later you can remover the air breather box the inside the air breather box you have 2 torx bolts and one outside bottom front right side ,remove with number 30 torx remove air breather box and you can gain access to the passenger side of headlight also I used h-ll

jeff618 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Not a walk in the park to change them yourself, but do-able. Pretty similar to most new(er) vehicles now-a-days. I'd take a look at the solux bulbs as an alternative to the silverstar ultras - you may get a little more life to them but note that all the tweaked high-end lamps have a shorter life than the originals. When push comes to shove, the solux lasts longer than the silverstar ultras.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.