LED signal mirrors for 2010-2012 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, LED signal mirrors for 2010-2012 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; I am finally in the market for a new SUV, and have been waiting 2 years to see if GM ...
    dolph55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE, YET

LED signal mirrors for 2010-2012 SRX

I am finally in the market for a new SUV, and have been waiting 2 years to see if GM will put LED signals mirrors on the SRX. I was wondering, since they haven't, has anyone tried to swap out the existing mirror covers or an entire assembly, with any other GM mirrror that already has them (such as a Acadia, Traverse, Escalade, etc.)? Has anyone done any other MOD to achieve the results? I like them and think they increase the safety factor on the car a little as well. Any "constructive" thoughts? (Please be kind, if you will.)

Thanks,
    Randy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: LED signal mirrors for 2010-2012 SRX

I'm pretty sure the euro spec sidemarker is sufficient enough for safety purposes. Easier and less wiring going into the door too.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Thanks for the feedback Captain. I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply to my post.

But, my reason for asking about them was not primarily safety or wiring work, but more along the lines that i really like the way they look. I guess i've been brainwashed by Lexus, Audi, Benz and BMW and some others. I even bought some inexpensive stick-on LED strips for my Accord, but never used them.

Maybe i should throw a post over to the Mod's forum and see if some one tried it already.

thanks again,

R

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I'm pretty sure the euro spec sidemarker is sufficient enough for safety purposes. Easier and less wiring going into the door too.

They also offer enhanced "side" visibility when using the hazard lights. They flash too in this mode. LED turn signals in the mirror are not visible at all from the side.

Sube

I am referring to the LED's that are part of the mirror housing and are bright Yellow, NOT the red "carat" (>) shaped thing only on the mirror glass. Those are sold by MUTH and are nice but NOT what i was asking about.

Basically, what I want to know is could you swap out the entire mirror assembly (or the housing), say from an Acadia or Escalade, with one on the SRX?

Randy

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

They both are nice options but I prefer the turning lamp on the side of the SRX. Just my .02

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

There are also a downward firing courtesy lights in the bottom of those "Turn Signal" side view mirrors that help light entry into the vehicle that would be a VERY nice addition to the SRX; ala Ford Explorer. I don't understand why a Luxury class vehicle is missing these elements?

I also miss the side firing white headlamps/DRL's during a turn on vehicles. Earlier Cadillac had these and really help light the way during a turn.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    There are also a downward firing courtesy lights in the bottom of those "Turn Signal" side view mirrors that help light entry into the vehicle that would be a VERY nice addition to the SRX.
    Yeah, I like these as well and wish the SRX had them. The wife has them on her Ford Edge. For those who haven't noticed, we do have "puddle" lights on the bottom of each door. They illuminate the ground as you're stepping into the car. Not quite the same, but also a nice touch.

My wife and I talk about this all the time. Why can't there be one company that combines all of the best features into one vehicle? Regardless of price, I always find certain features missing on even the most expensive vehicles.

Sube

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

There are also a downward firing courtesy lights in the bottom of those "Turn Signal" side view mirrors that help light entry into the vehicle that would be a VERY nice addition to the SRX; ala Ford Explorer. I don't understand why a Luxury class vehicle is missing these elements?

I also miss the side firing white headlamps/DRL's during a turn on vehicles. Earlier Cadillac had these and really help light the way during a turn.
    Sube mentioned the door lights that i won't re-mention, but the Adaptive Forward Lighting equipped models eliminate the need for a white sidemarker. Very lovely feature that i miss when driving other cars...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Captain, yea, I didn't get those with my Luxury model. I do have headlight envy.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

Well I guess you have to take the good with bad and every trim have the side blinker so if you replace amber bulb to a PIAA white or white led you will be surprised what you can see .....I just currently changed from piaa to led on the sides and no need to remove wheel if you have average size hands...oh just remember to use the unlock button at night and it lights up ALL blinkers,drl, and led strip on my performance model and should on every other model...hope my posts helps

jcarlilesiu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Ice SRX4 Luxury Collection +Nav +RSE - 35,000M

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    LED turn signals in the mirror are not visible at all from the side.

Sube
    I disagree. My 2012 ford focus has LED signals in the mirrors and it has a lense that sticks out on the side slightly. It allows the light to be visable (and focused) into the blind spot area of the car.

Yeah, That's what I'm talking 'bout. At the very least, it should be an option to add or put them on the Premium model, like the Acadia Denali. some companies make entire mirror replacements, for some cars. they are expensive but wiring would be easier to just come off of the side marker thru the door panel to the mirror. plus they are "eye-high" unlike the side markers, which makes them easier to see. Ebay and such has red arrows on the mirrors but i like the big lights on the housing, like Audi or MB's.

R

R

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.