Cadillac Owners Forum banner

software update gave me new rear window options!

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  KevinOpp 
#1 ·
i started getting the goofy Nav reverting to D.C. in the past month. my new dealership in FL knew exactly what i was talking about when i called, and they said they would flash the drive and reinstall the latest software. first thing i noticed was that the Config menu had a different layout; same features, but listed vertically instead of tabs across the top.

but today i was driving around and was putting the windows down. whaddya know----the rear windows now have a "full auto down" with one firm press. i definitely didn't have that before; i used my windows all the time in NY and only the front 2 windows had that feature. however, the rear ones still need the button to be held to close them again, whereas the front ones have the auto close as well.

i'm surprised a software update did that, but i'll take it. i wonder what other surprises might be in store for me? i had bought my car pretty early on---maybe some of you already have the newer software on the 2010's that do this, but it's a first for me.

#2 ·
Yes, I recently got that update as well and also noticed the change in the Config Menu. I didn't like it at first, probably just because I was so used to the tabs up top. Now, I actually see an advantage to this layout. You can use the Menu/Select knob to scroll down the list as well as the touch screen. Before, you could only use the touch screen. You couldn't scroll across the tabs using the knob.

As far as the express down rear windows, could you have had this all along and possibly not noticed it? Is there a chance you weren't pressing the two rear buttons all of the way down before? The reason I ask is because I took delivery of my '10 in Nov of 2009 and I've had this all along. Plus, that Nav update "only" updates the Nav firmware. It doesn't affect anything else.

The rear windows don't have express "up" for safety reasons. If you had a child sitting behind the driver, you wouldn't see their hands/arms out the window and would pinch them if it had express up. Even though there's an auto-reverse feature, they'd still get pinched before the window reversed.

Sube

#3 ·
i will swear on a grave i didn't have it before-----up in NY, with the cooler weather, windows, and moonroof i was always putting windows down. typically the drivers window and the rear driver's side for the best wind flow. but that rear button was only touch responsive; not auto. in FL i've been living off the A/C and it just started cooling enough that i discovered this yesterday. the reset was last week.

also, while the Nav update obviosuly went in, all of my radio and Config presets went out the window and all had to be reset. dunno if that's all considered part of the "Nav-only" update, or if i did indeed get a fuller package.

#6 ·
look!!!!! i haven't gone nutty! a scan from my window sticker----
Don't worry Kev. I don't think you're going nutty. I discovered this in the manual. I know this section refers to express "up", but maybe it affects express down as well. Maybe at some point early on they disconnected your battery and this was never reset. Another possibility is that only the Premium SRX has express down on all four windows and somehow another update applied to your vehicle included this change. My dealer sometimes updates things I don't even ask for or know about (which is a good thing). I'm sure they're not the only one who does this. I remember soon after I got the car they did a software update that changed the way the ignition switch worked. I thought something was broken. My Service Manager knew nothing about it. Later on I discovered this update had been bundled with another one an no one knew about it.

Sube

Programming the Power Windows

Programming the power windows
may be necessary if the vehicle's
battery has been disconnected or
discharged. If the window will not express up
after power has been restored and a
message is displayed in the Driver
Information Center:

1. Close all doors
2. Place the ignition in ACC/
ACCESSORY or ON/RUN/
START.
3. From any partial open position,
close the window and continue
to press the switch briefly after
the window has fully closed.

#5 ·
The express up/down feature is built into the switch assembly. Here is the tactile behavior for this switch:

- The front window switches have two detents when pressing down, and two detents pulling up.
- The rear window switches have two detents when pressing down, but only one when pulling up.
- The rear door window switches behave the same way.

Since the driver's window switches haven't been swapped out with the nav update, this means that the feature was there all along...or maybe it just starting working on its own, by conicidence...

#8 ·
i'm not here to convince the world, but 2 things--

-i can feel the 2 detents in the front windows, but there are none in the rear on the drivers panel. just a standard feeling switch.

-and, i don't have the Premium, i have the Performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.