2012 SRX Factory Floor Mats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2012 SRX Factory Floor Mats in Cadillac SRX Forums; O.K. we just picked up our new 2012 SRX luxury AWD. Great so far. Still learning about all the stuff. ...
    classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

2012 SRX Factory Floor Mats

O.K. we just picked up our new 2012 SRX luxury AWD.

Great so far. Still learning about all the stuff.

The question I have is with the front pass. floor mat. It doesn't seem to fit correctly. If the mat is lined up with the shape of the floor, the upper left part of the mat hits the center console vent area. About 3 inches over lap. I'm not sure if the mats shapes are different for a FWD vehicle vs. an AWD vehicle. How does everyone's mat look? Do the "All Weather" mat fit better then this?
    Thanks Ken
    DSCN5757.JPG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wag 42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 SRX4 2.8T Premium-Platinum Ice-Chrome Tech-RSE

Re: 2012 SRX Factory Floor Mats

We had the same issue. Just push on the lower part of the console-it slides with ease...

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Or you could just get a set of Weather Tech's.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

WeatherTech.JPG
    I trimmed my WeatherTech mat to fit around the "console vent". After close examination I discovered it is not a vent. This "vent" is a solid piece of plastic, purpose unknown.

wag 42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 SRX4 2.8T Premium-Platinum Ice-Chrome Tech-RSE

The Cadillac stock ones fit fine-it's is just where the front part of the console ends up from the factory. Like I said, it has tons of play and moves with ease...

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

I hope the mat quality is improved for 2012 over the 2010 mats. They are thin and flimsy.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

could it be there to keep side of shoe marks off? I feel the factory all weather are a joke. Use that money towards weathertech or it's compettitor.

2012SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I read somewhere it is a door for fuse access...looks like it can be pulled off/open. My mat fits perfectly...aligned to the right side flat part of the floor, and then the left goes up against that left console panel. I could easily move that panel left-right, if it were necessary. Or could even tuck left side of the right mat under the panel, if needed.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX View Post
    Attachment 80465
    I trimmed my WeatherTech mat to fit around the "console vent". After close examination I discovered it is not a vent. This "vent" is a solid piece of plastic, purpose unknown.
    Looks like you did a fine job with trimming. I can't believe WeatherTech didn't take that into consideration when they designed the floor liners. Maybe they didn't bother because they knew it was just a "dummy" fake vent, but it would still look shabby if it was covered.

Sube

11RavenBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Performance; 05 Harley-Davidson Road King

Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX View Post
    Attachment 80465
    It is a cover for the instrument panel fuse block. Can be easily removed. I accessed it to hard wire my radar detector.

Never Forget

classiccars is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Update: Yes, the little "vent" panel is just a cover for the fuse box area. I popped off that cover and looked around behind the side kick panel cover. That large kick panel wasn't pushed in all the way, and a mounting push clip wasn't in the correct place. Once I fixed the plastic clip, I was able push the panel in so the mat fit. Thanks for the help.

2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Looks like you did a fine job with trimming. I can't believe WeatherTech didn't take that into consideration when they designed the floor liners. Maybe they didn't bother because they knew it was just a "dummy" fake vent, but it would still look shabby if it was covered.

Sube
    Thank you. I took some time to decide whether to cut my nice new mat, but it did appear shabby. I thank each of you for informing us on the true purpose of this cover.

SRX312 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I bought the Cadillac SRX all weather floor mats for my 2012 SRX and they fit perfectly. They are high quality with nice grooves to trap water, dirt, and melting snow. The left one has two holes to anchor them to the stems in the vehicle floor. The right one has one hole to anchor it. They are designed to be flexible since the floor is not level. It has kind of a hump in it and the mats lay perfectly to the left and right of the hump...per their design. I have had Weathertech mats on a different vehicle and they are wonderful. The Cadillac SRX all weather mats are probably not as good...but I think they do the job...and no trimming is required. They have a nice logo on them too. The rubber material seems to be of high quality and again...like that they are flexible to lay over that hump in the floor.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by SRX312 View Post
    I bought the Cadillac SRX all weather floor mats for my 2012 SRX and they fit perfectly. They are high quality with nice grooves to trap water, dirt, and melting snow. The left one has two holes to anchor them to the stems in the vehicle floor. The right one has one hole to anchor it. They are designed to be flexible since the floor is not level. It has kind of a hump in it and the mats lay perfectly to the left and right of the hump...per their design. I have had Weathertech mats on a different vehicle and they are wonderful. The Cadillac SRX all weather mats are probably not as good...but I think they do the job...and no trimming is required. They have a nice logo on them too. The rubber material seems to be of high quality and again...like that they are flexible to lay over that hump in the floor.
    I have these as well. At the time I purchased my car, WeatherTech didn't make them for the 2nd Gen SRX, and winter was already here. The Caddy mats are super heavy duty (very thick) soft, pliable quality rubber. They stay soft and flexible even in extreme cold as well. Even one of the service techs who'd never seen them before commented on how nice they were. I like them. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the slit in the front passenger's mat. I put a piece of wax paper under just the slit area to protect the carpet.

Keep in mind WeatherTech makes floor "liners" and floor "mats". The liners are molded and are a harder plastic instead of rubber. They also have tall edges. Personally, I like a softer rubber because of the superior grip. I'm not saying either is better. It's just a personal preference. I think the liners are for more extreme weather or for those who transport people who seem to put their feet everywhere except the mats.

Sube

angelaliza is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 srx premium

I just picked up my all weather floor mats from the dealer (for 2012 SRX) and I feel as though they are not the right ones. Does yours have a U-shaped split through the upper middle on the passenger side front? I'm worried they gave me some from a different model car altogether.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.