Idle question and other flutter noise question - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Idle question and other flutter noise question in Cadillac SRX Forums; If it were me, I'd be DONE with Weil. They've let you down several times. I wouldn't trust them to ...
    smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Re: Idle question and other flutter noise question

If it were me, I'd be DONE with Weil. They've let you down several times. I wouldn't trust them to call another dealer given their know-it-all attitude and shoddy track record. Then resetting the seat memory....Sheesh. That's very unprofessional and speaks volumes about the "culture" at Weil. Just call the Naperville contact and hopefully they'll fix it right the first time so you can enjoy your SRX without this nagging issue.

I guess I'm one of those "dangerous" people he referred to.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

again, contact customer service (on this forum) and point them to this thread ... they might be able to get your dealer to act right

if you just say 'screw it' and go to another dealer then GM doesn't know that they've got a customer service problem at that dealer
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by smiley47 View Post
    If it were me, I'd be DONE with Weil. They've let you down several times. I wouldn't trust them to call another dealer given their know-it-all attitude and shoddy track record. Then resetting the seat memory....Sheesh. That's very unprofessional and speaks volumes about the "culture" at Weil. Just call the Naperville contact and hopefully they'll fix it right the first time so you can enjoy your SRX without this nagging issue.

I guess I'm one of those "dangerous" people he referred to.

Yeah, you guys are really "dangerous"...LOL!

Ok, I am DONE. I didn't appreciate their know it all attitude either. They seemed more interested in arguing with me and being defensive over me presenting them with the exact info the fix the problems. The guy in service was like even the service manager drove it and can't find what you're taking about. Yeah, that whole seat thing really **issed me off. I got in the car and the seat was way down on the floor, reclined back like big pimpin style....took me forever to get it back to how I had it before. That was beyond rude that they would adjust my memory button. I checked setting #2 for my husband and it was the same as he has it.

Can you guys please tell me where to find the customer service link on the forum as Rippy suggested, I'll do that today or over the weekend.

Customer Care has their own forum here

i would suggest that you start a thread in there that basically just points to this thread

and if you get no response in a day or two then go back in to one of the threads that the Customer Care rep has posted on and click their username to send them a PM
    (i doubt you'll have to do that, but just in case)
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

Try this, I will escalate if need be. Jim

If the customer is still not able to resolve their issue at the dealership level, GM employees can assist the customer by providing them with a special Customer Assistance number for assistance and to open a Service Request (SR) case. The phone number to call
    is: 1-866-509-9090

If the customer’s issue is still unresolved after calling the customer assistance center, the employee can assist the customer by requesting to have the case escalated further with the customer assistance center by completing the following escalation request.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Cdgirl, let customer rep know Weil performance but DO NOT give them the chance to fix it afterwards. The service call they will get from GM will leave a sour taste in their mouth and they will not be cordial with you at all. Give B.J a call , tell him you were referred by a few people from cadillac forums and it should be a pleasant expeirance. In terms of you having 30k miles and needing maintenance if you have the awd srx than I would say a transmission fluid flush & differential fluid flush. If you have the fwd than just the trans fluid flush. You can ask B.J what he recommends and he'll give you a straight forward honest answer. G'luck ! keep us updated

check your owner's manual for the recommended service info (it's at the way back in the service & maintenance section)

a cabin air filter and an engine air filter (if needed) are probably about all that's recommended at this mileage

what percent is your Oil Life Monitor at?

also, the transmission (and transfer case if awd) fluid is recommended to be changed out (drain and refill not flush) at 100,000 miles
    (or at 50,000 miles if you fall under the 'severe' category of towing or mountain use, or taxi/delivery)

lots of good info in that owner's manual

Today it happened again....I just left work, was maybe 10 minutes into my drive at a red light and the idle started to shake again. The entire engine was shaking and for the first time the engine light came on in the cluster and flashed about 5 or 6x. I immediately pushed my onstar button for the to run a diagnostic but it wasn't able to pull anything. They transferred me to the onstar technical guy and he said it could be a sparkplug issue, or engine timing? Anyone have any ideas? I'm taking it in for an oil change tomorrow anyways so I guess this is good timing. There's obviously SOMETHING that isn't right.....wish some error code would have come up to get this pin pointed. As always, thank you in advance for any tips!

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Insist that they keep it until they find the problem. Don't settle for the, "We can't find anything, so there must not be anything wrong" line of crap. If they can't find anything, then they're not looking hard enough.

Sube

thanks Sube! Yes, there is clearly something wrong. I just hope they find it sooner than later! My last 2 cars I have somehow had faulty fuel sensors...maybe it's a fuel sensor issue? I'm taking my hubby with me tomorrow since he needs a car for the day so I'll have him tell them firmly that we don't want it back until they find the problem.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by cadigirlchicago2 View Post
    My last 2 cars I have somehow had faulty fuel sensors...maybe it's a fuel sensor issue?
    Don't be afraid to suggest this or any other possible cause. Some people think the service dept. will take it as an insult if you mention what you think a problem may be. Any decent service tech will not be offended by this. It gives them a potential starting point.

Sube

Today it happened again....I just left work, was maybe 10 minutes into my drive at a red light and the idle started to shake again. The entire engine was shaking and for the first time the engine light came on in the cluster and flashed about 5 or 6x. I immediately pushed my onstar button for the to run a diagnostic but it wasn't able to pull anything. They transferred me to the onstar technical guy and he said it could be a sparkplug issue, or engine timing? Anyone have any ideas? I'm taking it in for an oil change tomorrow anyways so I guess this is good timing. There's obviously SOMETHING that isn't right.....wish some error code would have come up to get this pin pointed. As always, thank you in advance for any tips!
    If the engine light flashed there are codes for what happened in your ECM. You just need to go to a place that cares enough to download the full info from your vehicle.

Well, I took it in this morning. They are trying to tell me that it might possibly be my oil. The car says I have 10% oil life left. He said it's been 10,000 miles since I had my last oil change and that's too long. After 2000 miles I'm using a quart of oil and that I'm supposed to be checking my oil monthly and topping it up. Does anyone else do that? Am I doing something wrong by not checking it or letting it go to 10% oil life? It's expensive to get an oil change so I'm just trying to get my dollars worth. He said this could be the cause of the engine flutter. Agree or disagree?

Well, I took it in this morning. They are trying to tell me that it might possibly be my oil. The car says I have 10% oil life left. He said it's been 10,000 miles since I had my last oil change and that's too long. After 2000 miles I'm using a quart of oil and that I'm supposed to be checking my oil monthly and topping it up. Does anyone else do that? Am I doing something wrong by not checking it or letting it go to 10% oil life? It's expensive to get an oil change so I'm just trying to get my dollars worth. He said this could be the cause of the engine flutter. Agree or disagree?
    Not to be an @ss but you wont diagnose it yourself, and the crappy dealer you're going to obviously can't diagnose it, if you dont want to take the advice of going to a better dealer than what are your options ?? The oil change is the biggest bunch of b.s i've ever heard.

I had to go back 1 more time, I have a WE OWE oil change, so I have to use that first. Then I can go elsewhere.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.