Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 Pricing: Supplier Discount - Is it a deal?

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  11RavenBlack 
#1 ·
O.K., I'm starting to sit down and hammer out some sort of deal for a new 2012 SRX Luxury AWD with the Cadillac dealer.
Of course being a new 2012 model and with these things selling like "hot cakes" they are not going to deal a lot.
My question is: With a MSRP sticker price of $43085.00.. What would be the ball park price if I use my "Supplier Discount"?
Does anyone know the Supplier Discount price for that vehicle? (2012 SRX Luxury AWD no other options.)
Is that the best way to get the best price? Or, Should I hold that Supplier Discount in my back pocket and see what I can do with the dealer first to see if I can get a better price? I've heard that the Supplier Discount wasn't as good as it was before. I understand that this is a set price, but can the dealer also discount it even more if they want? It that common?
Let me have your bargaining tips... Wish me good luck.
Thanks

#2 ·
You can also go online and check the Costco, American Express and USAA car buying programs. The dealers that belong to those services have to honor those prices regardless of whether the car is "selling like hotcakes" which the 2012 SRX obviously is. Then check to see if you can layer -on the Supplier Discount. A good starting point.

#3 ·
I could not find 2012 pricing, so this is an example of 2011 supplier pricing.
Lux AWD
MSRP $41415
delivery $875
total $42415
Supplier price $40745
savings $1670
I can't imagine 2012 savings will be much different

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.