3M Clear Bra on SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 3M Clear Bra on SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Does anyone have a 3M clear bra on the hood of their SRX? If so does it help with rocks ...
    duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

3M Clear Bra on SRX

Does anyone have a 3M clear bra on the hood of their SRX? If so does it help with rocks chipping paint and does the plastic get dull as it ages. I am thinking about having it ordered on my new 2012 SRX. Please Advise!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

Re: 3M Clear Bra on SRX

Got the SRX in March put 3M clear bra on it the next week holding up great no dis-coloring and don't expect it to have known others to have it on other vehicles much longer. My installer sold me a spray on cleaner for it and suggested we use it after every 4 or 5 washes it is like a wax and makes it slick so the bugs come off easier. We use it after every 2nd wash and when I wax it I apply the wax to the clear bra also just be careful at the edges wax tries to build up there and then the line is more evident. She has Radiant Silver so the bra hides well but I have seen it done correctly on all colors and it hdes well. I'd rather see a line from it than all the nicks and chips if it was not there. Totally happy with the product and installer. Note we did full front, fenders, and hood to just behind the headlights. We also did the outside mirrors, door handle cups, and every door edge. I will do every new vehicle I purchase from here on out. Check around your area for reccomended installers and ask a bunch of dealers who they use to install and that will guide you in your selection of installers. I found mine recommended buy a very reputable body shop. Maybe someone on here can recommend someone near you if you wish to post where your at. Good luck, you'll be glad you did it months down the road when yours still looks showroom new.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Yea i have it on mine covering the full front end, A pillars, and headlights. It doesn't yellow and it holds up awesome!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Captain is there any chance you can take some close up photos to show us. I am thinking of getting that for mine too.

Captain reminded me we did the head lights and fogs as well also.

I'll get a pic or two up as soon as i can!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

Ballard is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX performance Black/20's chrome

cvettr , The spray the dealer sold you , what is it ? I can call the place where I had mine installed and check for the spray. I have mine on the car since July 2010 , with no problems . I do take a little extra time cleaning the car with a soft bug sponge to remove those airborn critters . Thanks ,Ballard

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Applied properly, the 3Ms are, in a word, impressive. I have seen some 04 model years at my Infininity dealership and they have held up quite well. The front ends take quite the beating from bugs and stones. Add in all of the stuff dumped on the roads in the Winter in snow country, stuff that is kicked up by the vehicles in front of you.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ballard View Post
    cvettr , The spray the dealer sold you , what is it ? I can call the place where I had mine installed and check for the spray. I have mine on the car since July 2010 , with no problems . I do take a little extra time cleaning the car with a soft bug sponge to remove those airborn critters . Thanks ,Ballard
    It is called plexus plastic cleaner. It was like $12.00 per large areosol can and works great and keeps the finish slick and bugs come of easier.

11RavenBlack is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Performance; 05 Harley-Davidson Road King

Quote Originally Posted by cvettr/cts-v View Post
    It is called plexus plastic cleaner. It was like $12.00 per large areosol can and works great and keeps the finish slick and bugs come of easier.
    That stuff is great. I use it on my motorcycle windshield all the time. As you said, the bugs come off much easier.

Never forget

Here we go, my SRX is dirty right now, so you can see the bra line on it.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

WOW Captain you have the whole front end covered!

I bet there are a lot of stone chips not there because of that 3M film.

I think GM offers a 3M option if I am not mistaken.... what might that cost to install etc if I may ask?

Ours was like $750.00 for all including headlights, fog lamps, mirrors, all door handle cups, all door edges and entire front, front quarters, and hood like captains and 1 can of Plexus. Money well spent. I think the gm option does not cover as much and maybe not even cover any front quarters. I'd get a clear understanding of what is covers before doing it with anyone especially any kits.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.