Of course, my wife accidently reset the OLM at 650 mi.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Of course, my wife accidently reset the OLM at 650 mi. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Since the Owner's Manual says "if the engine oil life system is reset accidentally, service the vehicle within 5 000 ...
    doyall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Of course, my wife accidently reset the OLM at 650 mi.

Since the Owner's Manual says "if the engine oil life system is reset accidentally, service the vehicle within 5 000 km/3,000 miles since the last service," how much static should I expect if I take a 2011 SRX in for its first *free maintenance* at 3,000 miles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Of course, my wife accidently reset the OLM at 650 mi.

Not a major problem. Just contact your Service Dept and explain the situation to them. Personally, I like to email my Service Manager whatever I tell him over the phone. This creates a written record for accuracy. You can also take a pic of the current odometer reading and 100% oil life display. That way, when you do take it in for your first oil change you'll have photographic documentation.

How in the world did your wife do this? (A rhetorical question of course) They intentionally make the procedure almost impossible to inadvertently do.

Sube

wag 42 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 SRX4 2.8T Premium-Platinum Ice-Chrome Tech-RSE

They probably won't do anything seeing you only had 650 miles. Cadillac won't change the oil or do "free maintenance" every 3,000 miles-it's closer to every 10,000 miles, or yearly. Once you take it in, they'll probably do the reprogram of the OLM, which basically "extends" the oil life range (unless it has already been done).

We had 6800 miles on ours and were ready to take a 2500 mile trip, and they were reluctant to change the oil prior to us leaving, since our OLM was somewhere around 35%. We explained to them that during the course of our trip the OLM would most likely tell us to we needed to change the oil, so they did it.

I can't say I am overly impressed w/the "free service" on the 2011's. I had searched the owners manual about scheduled maintenance, and they really don't state much. We dropped ours off last night, and the service manager said it pretty much amounts to oil changes, tire rotations, air and cabin filters.

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance

I say contact your dealer at 3500 mark because I got mine changed at 3600 and they would've done it earlier if I brought but everybody said wait until 5% and mine was on 18% when changed so I think it's based on your dealer and mainly the service dept at that dealer because I'm actually somewhat cool with one of the service managers so don't know if he did that just for me

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.