UGLY to Beautiful in 15 Min or Less! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, UGLY to Beautiful in 15 Min or Less! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Thanks. Xenon Blue*Metallic. Luv it....
    themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base
    Thanks. Xenon Blue*Metallic. Luv it.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: FUG-UGLY to Beautiful in 15 Min or Less!

Very nice macguy! Are those winter tires, or just new tires? I don't recognize the tread pattern as the stock Michelin Latitude Tour HP's.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

themacguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Base

They're Cooperwinter's. Coming off Monday. Work great.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I did this 'mod' yesterday. Tremclad non high heat paint. (Wasn't thinking) I guess I'll see how long it lasts!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury

I must say that I am not a big fan of car modifications and after market parts - but this post confirmed one thing that always bothered my eyes....I couldn't resist to make the change with the warm weather being back - and here's the result - thanks for the good idea.

052.JPG

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by DTurmel View Post
    I must say that I am not a big fan of car modifications and after market parts - but this post confirmed one thing that always bothered my eyes....I couldn't resist to make the change with the warm weather being back - and here's the result - thanks for the good idea.

Attachment 107559

sorry - first time attaching pictures on this forum - here are the pics after:

054.JPG

057.JPG

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Definitely a whole lot nicer looking!

Reidler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Just got my 2013 this week and funny thing was today I was looking at it thinking "I sure dont like how big and bulky that muffler looks", and viola! I came across this thread. This will be the first mod I do to my new ride! Thanks for the great pics.

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

Cool Re: FUG-UGLY to Beautiful in 15 Min or Less!

And I thought I was the only one that this bothered ! Great job , what a diff it makes in the overall appearence of the rear end . What type/brand of paint did you use ? This may be a dumb question but , when the muffler gets hot will you start smoking from behind ? Won't the paint get hot ? Let me know cause I definiteley want to do this to my SRX .

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

rust-oleum high heat satin black paint 8oz.

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

I just did this with matte black paint designed for high heat engine applications. Two coats and 5 minutes and it looks so much better!!! Home depot. One can for $15.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Thumbs up Re: FUG-UGLY to Beautiful in 15 Min or Less!

I painted mine last weekend using Rust-Oleum high heat satin black brushed on. I will give it a second coat this weekend. Spraying would look better up close, but I did not care to deal with all of the masking and possibility of over-spray where I did not want it like on my chrome wheels.

It really makes a difference in how the SRX looks from the back. It seems to sit lower because that ugly silver muffler no longer grabs your attention. The satin black is an exact match for the lower bumber and the cover for the factory hitch.

This was a great idea and quick inexpensive upgrade to the appearance of my SRX.
    Marc NY likes this.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Marc, really looks great, I actually have polished my muffler with steel wool trying to make it look better. I was going to try a high temp spray paint next, but the brushed on rustoleum sounds pretty easy. I'll try painting muffler first as I don't mind the muscular aluminum suspension arms, but I might just paint them as well as it does look very neat and tidy under your vehicle after your modification. What size can of paint, pint?

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I found a spray can of the Rustoleum "grille paint" in my cabinet last night. I decided to try it out on the "muffler". Wow it really does a great job hiding that component and making it blend in. I didn't have enough to finish so I drove up to WalMart and got a full can (last one) for $13.77. I painted the muffler and the two exhaust pipes that leave the muffler. Doesn't take very long but it can be messy painting upside down. Use gloves and have plenty of newspaper down or a paint tarp. The Rustoleum goes along way you could probably do 3 to 4 vehicles with a pint can. I left the aluminum suspension pieces unpainted natural for now, will see how I like the look.

srochwerg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I've noticed some have the muffler showing and some don't even for 2012 and 13. Is it possible the sport suspension or 4x4 requires a different muffler? Even some 3.6 motors seem to have different mufflers, some protrude lower and some don't. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.