SRX electrical problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By sube5186
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX electrical problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; I need advice. Our 2011 SRX has had electrical problems since we bought it. It has been in the shop ...
    Betty Seago is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2011

SRX electrical problems

I need advice. Our 2011 SRX has had electrical problems since we bought it. It has been in the shop for two weeks this time. They can not find the problem. We like the SRX but this one is a lemon. At what point does GMC declare it a lemon. We don't know what the process is. We do not blame the dealer or anyone it is just a bad car. The last thing we want to do is hire a lawyer. Can anyone advise us on what to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: SRX electrical problems

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Seago View Post
    I need advice. Our 2011 SRX has had electrical problems since we bought it. It has been in the shop for two weeks this time. They can not find the problem. We like the SRX but this one is a lemon. At what point does GMC declare it a lemon. We don't know what the process is. We do not blame the dealer or anyone it is just a bad car. The last thing we want to do is hire a lawyer. Can anyone advise us on what to do?
    Document EVERYTHING in writing and keep ALL service records.

Follow the instructions in the back of the owners manual to the letter on how to file a complaint.

Here's info on your state's Lemon Law:
    http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

You might want to read the following forum thread in its entirety:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...round-2-a.html

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Betty,

A second thing to do is to contact Cadillac Customer Service here on this site and open a case, you can then send the case # SR71-xxxx to either GMJim or Myself and we can try and escalate it to make sure they find the root cause of your problems. Use any threadts of a laywer as a last resort, the mention of a lawyer shuts many avenues of help unfortunately as soon as the case is handed over to legal.

Matt

Betty Seago is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2011

I think we should wait and get the car back. The dealer has had it for 15 days now. The service department has been very nice. They just can not find the problem. I need to get copies of all my service records. I have most of them but I am short two. As soon as I have the reports and something from the Service Department I will get on this site and file a complaint. Another thing is we bought the car in Georgia but registered it here in Florida where we live. I appreciate your help.

TRMN8R1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD

What kind of electrical issues? Because, as I was beginning to head out of town on Wednesday, several electrical issues manifested themselves in the space of about 10 minutes. Cruise control de-activated, radio display reverted to the Cadillac splash screen (several times), AC system stopped cooling, right hand turn signal indicator came up in central display area, etc. My car is still at the dealer and they're telling me that it's because I have an charger for my Blackberry and my GPS units plugged into cigarette lighter outlets?

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by TRMN8R1 View Post
    My car is still at the dealer and they're telling me that it's because I have a charger for my Blackberry and my GPS units plugged into cigarette lighter outlets?
    Hogwash! That's what the cigarette lighter outlets are for. I've used all four outlets at various times while driving. Never had an issue with any of them. Also, just FYI all 12 volt outlets shut off with the ignition, except the one in the rear cargo area. As for your GPS being the problem, it's a "receiver", not a transmitter. It doesn't send out radio signals. It merely receives them. How could it interfere with anything?

I just love this, "We have no idea what the problem is, so let's blame the customer" attitude that some service departments have.

Sube

TRMN8R1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX LUX Radiant Silver Metallic 3.0AWD

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Hogwash! That's what the cigarette lighter outlets are for. I've used all four outlets at various times while driving. Never had an issue with any of them. Also, just FYI all 12 volt outlets shut off with the ignition, except the one in the rear cargo area. As for your GPS being the problem, it's a "receiver", not a transmitter. It doesn't send out radio signals. It merely receives them. How could it interfere with anything?

I just love this, "We have no idea what the problem is, so let's blame the customer" attitude that some service departments have.

Sube
    On top of that, they are referring to an 'apparant' bulletin from GM/Cadillac which refers to this? I'm headed up there later today to find out just what they're talking about. I happen to be self-employed in the Consumer Electronics industry (for nearly 40 yrs), so I'm very aware of these devices and use, etc. As to the outlets, yes, you are correct, they are disabled in the ignition OFF position EXCEPT the rear outlet. I challenged them yesterday when I asked if they happen to unplug said devices and take the car out. Apparantly no one there thought to do that. I'm really getting tired of all the hand-holding to diagnose my vehicle(s). Anyway, I also pointed out to them two other things. I've had the vehicle since NOV 2010 with absolutely no electrical issues whatsoever since I plugged in both items within 24hrs of delivery back then, AND, am I the only Caddy or GM owner to actually plug a charger for a cel phone in to charge up a device? They're killing me.

Pls accept my apologies for the rant AND what would appear to be a thread hijack, BUT, I AM most interested in hearing back from the OP on her electrical issues.

Many thanks.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

more discription of your issues and what attempts have been made so far. Are your problems always the same or changing but all electrical etc.... keep posted it's always nice to know issues others have had incase similar happnes to you.

Missy Guest

Bought my 2011 SRX 6 months ago from CarMax with 12,000 miles on it. 3 days later the battery went dead-which CarMax replaced, now the back-up/navigation screen bobs up & down when the car is in reverse, and the radio cannot be turned off sometimes. Ready to dump this car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

HI Missy,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having these issues with your SRX. Have you thought about working with a Cadillac dealership to try and address either concern? If you would like, please PM me your VIN, preferred dealership (or zip code if you don’t have one), mileage, and personal contact information and I’d be happy to discuss your options working with a dealership.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

KBB Guest

Similar issues with our 2011 SRX Premium, which we purchased new. Radio was replaced recently after intermittently failing/screen bobbing, etc. Then yesterday, car failed to start, all warning lights flashed, screen bobbed. Had to be towed to dealership (by Roadside Assistance team -- good job). Feared a serious electrical problem, but battery replacement appears to have solved the problem. We shall see.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello KBB,

I’m sorry that your SRX failed to start and I apologize for and inconvenience that was caused. It’s good to hear that the new battery replacement seems to have resolved the issue. If any problems arise or you have any lingering questions, please feel free to PM me.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.