Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here!

14K views 57 replies 15 participants last post by  smiley47 
#1 · (Edited)
Today I went to see my new 2012 Black Ice SRX. It was raining cats and dogs the time I arrived at the dealership. However, I was able to grab 3 quick photos. I am hoping to pick up my new ride either tomorrow or Saturday.

First Early Imprssions.

New 3.6 badge on rear of tailgate. (one can easily spot the 2012 SRX from behind)
New Door locks located just in front of inside door handles very nice touch. (photo coming soon)
New Machine finish 20" rims. (looks really great in person especially with the Black Ice)
New Graphite/ Black full interior color (to be honest I like either tutone or solid door panels)

I wasn't able to test drive her because the SRX was in the shop right after the rain stopped and was getting her final prep. The prep guy told me he really liked the 3.6 engine and the new look of the 20" standard rims too.

I will be anxious in witnessing the difference in the new added sound deadeners and the new sound note (tone) of the new exhaust. Also I am curious to see if I can hear the difference in the new "insulated" glass in the front and side windows (supposedly very similar to my old Buick Enclave). I believe GM has put a lot of research and effort into "tweeking" and enhancing the SRX to try and make it a more refined and enhanced vehicle for the new SRX owners. :thumbsup:

NOTE: All new 2012 SRX owners please post your new photos and your reviews here too.

More to come when I pick her up and am able to test drive her.

Too be continued. :)

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes send pics soon! BTW: I really do love the look of those 20" Chrome rims too but unfortunately with my past experiences up here in the harsh winters the salt can really take a toll on the beautiful finish of those great looking rims as do some of the automatic car washes too. That being said I am looking forward to a visual change in the look of those newer 20" standard rims.

If you were here, I would put you in a headlock and give you a Noogieeeee . . .cause I am JEALOUS !!

I Love my 2010 Prem AWD, but gosh . . that's a beauty . . . 3.6 and sound deadeners would be a nice touch . . . sigh . . next time around :(
Hmmmm I think I might enjoy that ... :woohoo:

FYI: I still love my 2010 and if it weren't for someone wanting to buy her I would probably still be driving her around for a little while longer. :D

#8 · (Edited)
"Teaser" photos until tomorrow. ;o)))

I would suggest that you email yourself those photos and then upload them from your computer. You can join one of many free photo hosting websites. I use photobucket.com *see below photos.

Below is a couple of shots that I just shot this evening... I will share more photos and write some comments on my new SRX tomorrow when I have a little more time.

*Notice how sweet the new machined 20" rims look. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
I'm dying to hear the reviews both from forum members and the pros on how this new 3.6L engine performs. Plus, I really hope they have worked out the kinks which would make this crossover all it can be.

My 2010 is doing much better now that I have the new transmission programming and my Radio/Nav is behaving.

I like that 3.6 on the rear of the new 2012.

I'm jealous of all that rain you're getting too. It's dry as a bone here.

#9 · (Edited)
I thought I would first show you some pics of some of the little things that I noticed that is new to me or different from my 2010 SRX.

1) The new lock/unlock button on the doors.
2) ECO feature/ button
3) Storage brackets (standard)
4) Subtle FlexFuel decal on rear window near the gas cap; IMO it certainly much nicer looking than having those FF badges on the rear!
5) New Yellow (Fug-ugly) gas cap! :bonkers:

#10 · (Edited)
The other enhancements are subtle but worthy of notice. The double insulated front windshield and side glass is a nice improvement over the standard glass. It diffently does a better job of insulating you from outside noises.

*Unfortunately the newer insulation and sound deadeners that are added inside for the 2012 SRX I don't have photos for. :p

Below you can see a closer view of the new double layered insulated glass. :thumbsup:

What is new to me is the iPhone's great features that connects/ displays onto GM's display screen. (Even identifies me by name) :cool2:

You can scroll through your address book, view recent calls, missed calls & dialed calls too. :highfive:

When I get to learn more about these cool features I will then post more later. :)

#11 ·
Thanks Marc I will know next time but you have post all the pics I had to show as far as change other than the 3 buttons on left of sterring which includes the heat button..I'm very happy for your purchase I do agree about the wheels they look great!!....oh yea the iPhone interface is the same on my 2011 so I'm assuming that's another small detail why gm and onstar app didn't work on 2010s...

#12 ·
I believe you are correct. I didn't have an iPhone until just recently. I like how it connects and interfaces with the driver. I also want to set up and try out GM's My Link features very soon.

*Note on the wheels ... I have to admit it was hard coming out and not seeing my old chrome wheels (BLING) on my new SRX but honestly I felt it was much safer and cheaper for me to not get them again because of how easily they get damaged. IMHO: Chrome over plastic was not really designed to survive our cold harsh winters (heavy salt) and some automatic car washes rails etc. If you live in warmer weather and want to hand wash your SRX then I would recommend getting them.

That being said I was thrilled to find out the 2012 standard 20" Performance rims were to receive a new "machined" finish. Yes you can still see some of the rims painted areas but I believe this new combination displays a nice clean fresh look! :)

Next to review is the new 3.6 engine. :D

#13 · (Edited)
I can sum it all up in 3 words ... WOW WOW :burn: WOW! It launches to me like one scared jackrabbit! The torque and thrust combine to create a remarkable and amazing feeling. The sound of the engine and exhaust are sweet music to one’s ears. To me the new 2012 SRX takes the overall SRX experience from awesome to amazing! I now believe this leap frogs the SRX way over the competition... with outstanding acceleration along with a few nice added refinements!

First I want everyone to know that I have never driven the 2.8 Turbo SRX so I cannot compare the two engines or their performance. That being said I only have 70 miles on my SRX and because of that I will be waiting to try a complete all out “pedal to the metal” take off and maybe some added power braking starts. I will wait a little while longer for the SRX to have a few more miles on her before I try that out. :lildevil:

Stay tuned more feedback and comments are coming soon ... :rockon:

PS I love the look of that Black "Ice" especially in the sun light :thumbsup: :smilewide:

#14 ·
Marc, congratulations on getting yourself a new 2012 SRX. It looks great! :thumbsup:
I really like those 20" machined-finish rims. They're a nice look - I prefer them over the optional 20" chromed rims.
It's great you're providing photos as well as your own first impressions of the new vehicle. When you have a chance can you post one or two photos of the interior (seating area & dash). I understand that for 2012 the previous "Ebony interior with Titanium accents" configuration has been changed to "Ebony interior with Ebony accents". I'd like to see what that looks like.
Best of luck with your new SRX!

#18 ·
Marc, is your new baby a performance or premium? Also how tight is the steering? My dealer is now telling me that my 2012 SRX Crystal Red Premium will be at least 8 weeks longer because GM has a constraint on the paint. Major Bummer! I do like the new machined rims but I am going with the chrome techs. I live in New Orleans so the only salt down here is on my crayfish and not the streets so my chrome techs rims should be OK!

#20 · (Edited)
Wow major bummer indeed!

My SRX is a Performance model not a Premium one. My new SRX is the same model as my 2010 SRX. Now that I have driven a little bit more I have noticed in a very short time the new SRX's ride appears to be more refined than my 2010 was. Slightly tighter (can some what be do to the fact it is brand new) and smoother to me. The insulated glass appears to make the interior slightly quieter especially on the Thruway/ Freeways when huge trucks pass you by. I had the same insualted glass in my Buick Enclave and I liked how very quiet that ride was too.

Along with the new dual layered glass the interior's new added insulation seems to me to help contribute to the overall improvement in a quieter environment, again your experience might vary from mine but I am very pleased with it.

GM's newest version of their 3.6 really adds a great feel to one's driving experience. For the record once I got use to the 3.0 engine and learned its limits I was OK with it ... but deep down inside, I too longed and wished it was either a turbo or a larger engine. Now that I have the new 3.6 it completely satisfies me and I am thrilled to know that if and when I want to roar past someone or something I got all the power I need or could want!

NOTE: I am not a expert in testing vehicles or comparing them. Each person will sense and feel different things and I will need more time to get to feel and sense all her new refinements to try and compare and distinguish the differences of the newness vs the actual added refinements too.

Thanks for reading my comments... if you have any questions I will try to document them with photos and or try to explain in more details for you if I can. :)

#19 ·
Looks great. Keep us informed. My wife's will be two years old next March, and that is usually as long as she keeps a car, of course I have been hearing convertible Camaro mentioned a lot. Drove an RS model with the 3.6 this morning when I was getting my first oil change in the Avalanche. Not a bad performer, but certainly different than a SRX. By the way they used DEXOS ib the 11 Avalanche.

#22 · (Edited)
YES and YES to the first two questions! I definitely feel more power in the lower RPM ranges too! :D

As far as the engine being quieter... hmmm it is really kind of hard to tell so I will need to listen more carefully next time out ... I do know this when I step on it hard you can certainly hear a much deeper throated roar :inlove: coming out of exhaust and the larger 3.6 engine as compared to the sounds of the 3.0.

Believe it or not I can actually feel it thrusting me back into my seat! :bulging: :smilewide:

#32 ·
I only have 175 miles on her so I can only give you the average on the DIC which won't be very accurate because of being in and out of the dealers lot etc. It shows 18.9 I would expect it to go 20 - 21 with some more driving.

Would like to no mileage also. Could you let us know what the "Instant Mileage" is at 70mph and at 75mph on flat ground? TIA.
Not having driven too many long smooth straight stretches to speak of, I did record at 70 MPH between 23-27 and 65 MPH 27 - 31 MPH.

so what is the price /msrp for a premium 2012 srx ?
I just checked on GM Family First website and Cadillac is the only brand that doesn't show their 2012 pricing on line yet. :rolleyes:

#52 ·
Since I reported back to you earlier in my thread I have finally come to realize that I will not be getting any better gas mileage until I have gotten tired of constantly accelerating my SRX all the time. I find that I am wanting to always nail my gas pedal to the floor to try and get my speed fix! :woohoo:
I just can't seem to get over that "awesome" new feeling of power I have under my foot. :burn: :dance:

#31 ·
Sat in a 2012 today. As stated the switches are in front of the door handles which means they changed the door panel to fit the longer bezel (to include the switch). Retrofit is gonna' be a pain.

#33 ·
Drove a '12 couple of hours ago. Engine is a huuuge improvement.
Pulls strong from a dead stop. Has great midrange tq and power. Plus it makes all the right sounds. Quality and smoothness from the engine.
they really tuned the tq to deliver much sooner.
Expensive feeling in it's power delivery.
2nd gear acceleration feels like 1st gear acceleration from the 3.0L
I would say that it feels about as quick as my '09 SRX V8 did.

Negatives would be that there is some body roll and that the brake travel is quite long before anything happens.

Great vehicle.

#36 · (Edited)
It has an almost V8 feel to it...
Yes it does!

BTW: Tonight I noticed a couple of new things.

1) There is only 1 trip setting. (I thought there were 2 on my 2010 SRX) :confused:
2) The headlights don't come on after I shut off the SRX and open the door anymore. The day time running lights now provide the 30 second illumination instead. I wonder why they changed it? Those DTR lights seem to appear to be a bit brighter now.
3) My dash (DIC) back light does not appear to be quite as bright (at highest setting) as my old 2010 dash used to get (no real issue just a comment).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.