Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Never have leased one, but it's a thought. Cheaper payments, but then you never build equity either....
    Ponyman is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here!

Never have leased one, but it's a thought. Cheaper payments, but then you never build equity either.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Never have leased one, but it's a thought. Cheaper payments, but then you never build equity either.
    I leased only once... a Hummer in 2006 and only because I was afraid of soaring gas prices would kill the resale value. It was only a 2 year lease. Working at GM I traditionally have bought a new car at least once a year on an overall average. Believe it or not there was a stretch of time that I bought 4 vehicles a year (for 6-7 years straight every 6 months) 2 for me and 2 for my wife. Talk about a real pain trying to order them and have them come in on time to sell or trade them exactly on schedule of exactly 6 months (GM will not let you sell your vehicle a day earlier). Our neighbors told us that they didn't know who was driving what or who was visiting us or living at our house hold. Then the market slowly changed (less GM discounts) meant harder time to get a great trade-in value.

In the past, I have always prefered to have a choice to either sell or trade in earlier than what a tradition lease offered me. Certainly one has to weigh in the total cost of a lease vs. complete ownership costs. I believe that if one can afford a good down payment and can get out of a vehicle as cheap or cheaper than a lease it makes more sense to buy to me anyways. If for some reason you prefer not to put down a fair amount of money to purchase a vehicle then I would agree that leasing would be your best bet. I also believe that there will come a time that I will want to keep my vehicle maybe an SRX for a much longer time. In that case lets say... i.e. buying it would be my preferred option. Then I would be able to own the vehicle free and clear for as long as I want keep it.

Remember back when taking a loan on a new vehicle was traditionally only 3 years? Then it started to become common to have a 4 loan then 5 then 6 years! Leasing started to become very popular and brought in way more buyers into the showrooms and voila it is once again here to stay.

*Everyone's situation will be different thus the reason why leasing will always be a good option for a lot of the buying public.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Marc, did you add the aftermarket Blind Spot Mirrors to the side mirror or is that Factory?

Is that GM's answer to the poor-mans blind spot system for the 2012 Models?

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    Marc, did you add the aftermarket Blind Spot Mirrors to the side mirror or is that Factory?

Is that GM's answer to the poor-mans blind spot system for the 2012 Models?
    Unfortunately it is my addition. I wish GM would add those built in wide angle mirrors to all SUVs like they have on other similar GM SUVs. I.E. Traverse.

It is a $2.00 angular mirror that works great! BTW: I used to be able to see my chrome rims on my 2010 "sparkle" in the sun light too.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

LOL...Best of luck with your new baby. She's a beauty!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Good points. For those who desire a new sled every 2-4 years, leasing is great way to get lower pays, and a warranty. For us "low mileage " folks ( under 10K a year/for 8-9 years)) owning is a great alternative. Of course the payments may be 10-40% higher depending on your down pay and amount of mos . But to make a purchase worthwhile, ya gotta keep her at least 8-9 years IMHO That's because you have to justify putting those new tires and brakes $$ on, after several years, by having additional years to drive and enjoy w/o payments. Then you trade in, get a nice $ for a well cared for, low mileage sled, and do very well on the cost of overall ownership.

I just did the math on my recent upgrade from a '03 Yukon to a '11 Yukon. Over 8 years my well cared for, very low miles, $45K MSRP 2003 Yukon, got me about $15K back on trade. After replacing tires, brakes, some minor stuff I had to do over 8 years, my net cost to own, with everything included, except ins. was about $450 a month. That includes the sales tax and tires/brakes/repairs I did. Oil changes are NOT included. ( my pays for first 5 years were $665 a month however!!) Compare to $400-600 a month, for a new SRX lease with FREE Maintenance, no tires or brakes to replace before give back.

So depends on what you want, what your wallet can handle and how often ya like a new sled. Just stay away from 4 year leases , unless you only do 10K miles a year max,
    as you'll likely be putting new tires and brakes on at 40K miles, shortly before you turn it in....and then GM benefits. Lastly, you can always buy your leased sled if ya love it, and you can offer less $$ than the end of lease stipulates, for that purchase price!! I've done it , they took it, and I saved another $2500!! This may vary from lender to lender however.....

SS

Thumbs up Re: Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here!

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Would like to no mileage also. Could you let us know what the "Instant Mileage" is at 70mph and at 75mph on flat ground? TIA.
    Since I reported back to you earlier in my thread I have finally come to realize that I will not be getting any better gas mileage until I have gotten tired of constantly accelerating my SRX all the time. I find that I am wanting to always nail my gas pedal to the floor to try and get my speed fix!
    I just can't seem to get over that "awesome" new feeling of power I have under my foot.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Marc, Don't you like how I spelled "know" "no".

The new motor makes for a lively feeling 4300lb vehicle.

My thinking was that the '12 SRX accelerates about as well in 2nd as the 3.0L did in first.
    Do you feel that's a fair estimation of power?

i think those that get in the '12 will also like the way it pulls from a dead stop.
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.

Yes! I agree with your description of the acceleration indeed...

Again, the trouble now is I don't seem to want to or even care if I drive my new SRX for economy anymore!

Note: Some features I may describe here are new to me and may have also been on the 2011 SRX for I owned a 2010 SRX first. I am neither a professional driver nor an official vehicle tester and all opinions are strictly mine alone.

Well it has been a few weeks now so I thought I would share with you some of my early impressions. First, I have shared with you already and with no big surprise that I "completely" enjoying the all-new 3.6L engine and the exhilarating feeling of sheer power and torque that I now have. I can honestly state that I feel like I am in a completely new kind of vehicle. I also appreciate and enjoy all the new refinements that were done to not only enhance the SRX's ride and smoothness but also add a new overall level of quietness that has been achieved in the cabin as well. The added extra new insulation in the engine compartment, the firewall, console etc etc and even in the fender-wells too, certainly has had a tremendous effect on the overall improvements. Don't forget the newly added dual layered insulated glass which also helped contribute to the improved level of quietness and comfort I now sense. Another nice addition is the new heated steering wheel which will come in very handy on those very cold sub 20 degree days in NY.

Next are the new door locks that were added on the doors. I think it is certainly a nice feature but honestly I haven't really used them very much because I am still using the one on the dash (old habits are hard to break) to lock and unlock the passenger doors. I suppose if one wants to use it when you are getting in and out the vehicle that should come in handy. I am starting to get used to using the newer "passive lock" features, thus I hardly use the key fob’s buttons for locking and unlocking the SRX anymore. I just walk up to the SRX and open the door(s) by grabbing the door handle. Once done, I just walk away and the doors of course will automatically lock and even sometimes with my wife still sitting in the car while she is gathering up her things.

I also noticed that on my 2012 the rear storage holder configuration rack now comes standard. The free scheduled maintenance was introduced in 2011 and is still in effect for 2012. I also like the new 2012 standard 20" "machined" finish rims which are a nice new look. The only complaints that I have heard about the previous version of the 20" rims were that they were not machined. As some readers may recall I stated that I loved the look of the Chrome Tech wheels I had on my 2010 SRX, however some pitting issues I had gotten from salt exposure (GM will only replace once) and then the car wash issues damaging the rims so easily too, caused me to reconsider my options and the new 20” machined standard wheels became an easy choice for me to make!

Next, I really like the newer and easier to use voice activated hands-free Bluetooth. My 2010 SRX’s Bluetooth wasn't always easy to use. The newest GM Bluetooth connectivity is very simple and much faster! Now that I have an iPhone it really makes using the hands free Bluetooth very enjoyable and very easy to use, even looking up a phone number is now a breeze for me. Another great feature I really liked is a new app that I downloaded to my iPhone called "Cadillac mylink" app that gives you your SRX's location and even a meter timer with an alarm so you can find your way back to vehicle and put some more money in your meter if need be. I also like the ability to connect to the OnStar app where you can also check your gas tank level and miles remaining to drive as well as tire pressure, oil life remaining, average MPG and total miles driven. You can also use your OnStar app to unlock/ lock and also activate your horn and lights or even remote start your vehicle (good to have when you are not in line of sight of your SRX). While using your Cadillac app you can also view your owner's manual on some 2010-11 models (2012 coming soon I hope) as well as all the descriptions of your warning lights and indicators and you can even locate the nearest GM dealer, certainly great to have when you are out of town.

Next more feedback coming soon.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

Marc, Great feedback and keep it coming, we all appreciate it. One question: were you able to download your phonebook automatically into the system? That is not possible on the 2010.

Yes the phone book downloads automatically.

I have a dozen or so phone numbers tagged and stored into the Bluetooth's memory for easier and faster dialing. For all the other contact names I will use the directory which comes straight from the iPhone phone book.

When I need to find a contact's phone number all I do is hit the "Phone" button and then it gives me a menu sorting by first name "ABC", "DEF", "GHI", "JKL" etc.

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

The lack of the Bluetooth phonebook download is one of my few gripes about the 2010. Thanks for the pics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.