Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Sat in a 2012 today. As stated the switches are in front of the door handles which means they changed ...
    mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Re: Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here!

Sat in a 2012 today. As stated the switches are in front of the door handles which means they changed the door panel to fit the longer bezel (to include the switch). Retrofit is gonna' be a pain.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by doctormstein1 View Post
    would love to MPG in real world thanks
    I only have 175 miles on her so I can only give you the average on the DIC which won't be very accurate because of being in and out of the dealers lot etc. It shows 18.9 I would expect it to go 20 - 21 with some more driving.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Would like to no mileage also. Could you let us know what the "Instant Mileage" is at 70mph and at 75mph on flat ground? TIA.
    Not having driven too many long smooth straight stretches to speak of, I did record at 70 MPH between 23-27 and 65 MPH 27 - 31 MPH.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    so what is the price /msrp for a premium 2012 srx ?
    I just checked on GM Family First website and Cadillac is the only brand that doesn't show their 2012 pricing on line yet.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Drove a '12 couple of hours ago. Engine is a huuuge improvement.
    Pulls strong from a dead stop. Has great midrange tq and power. Plus it makes all the right sounds. Quality and smoothness from the engine.
    they really tuned the tq to deliver much sooner.
    Expensive feeling in it's power delivery.
    2nd gear acceleration feels like 1st gear acceleration from the 3.0L
    I would say that it feels about as quick as my '09 SRX V8 did.

Negatives would be that there is some body roll and that the brake travel is quite long before anything happens.

Great vehicle.

I agree with b4z on the power feeling of the new 3.6 engine! I just love the mid-range torque and the feeling of extra power throughout the full RPM range too.

HEY! No thoughts of "I wish I had more power! any more ... "

b4z

It has an almost V8 feel to it.

One thing I didn't do since it was a brand new car and I didn't want to beat on it was take it down to 20mph then floor it to see what acceleration in 1st was.
    I need to try this motor in the CTS line also.

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    It has an almost V8 feel to it...
    Yes it does!

BTW: Tonight I noticed a couple of new things.

1) There is only 1 trip setting. (I thought there were 2 on my 2010 SRX)
    2) The headlights don't come on after I shut off the SRX and open the door anymore. The day time running lights now provide the 30 second illumination instead. I wonder why they changed it? Those DTR lights seem to appear to be a bit brighter now.
    3) My dash (DIC) back light does not appear to be quite as bright (at highest setting) as my old 2010 dash used to get (no real issue just a comment).

I noticed today on my way to work and back home that the 3.6 only dropped down (lower gear) once out of 4 times going over the Grand Island bridges by me. That could be because I came out of the toll boths before the start of the bridge and was not cruizing at a steady speed. The 3.0 had to drop down every time I went over those bridges.

I am trying to get use to those passive locks... there certainly are a lot of different choices for the lock and unlock features on the 2012 SRXs.

I am definitely noticing a quieter, softer and more refined ride in the 2012 SRX Performance than I was used to in the 2010 Performance.

*More comments as I get more mileage on the SRX.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Marc,

All you comments are making me wish I had waited for the 2012 model. I had a 3.5L engine in my Infiniti SUV and was shocked that they put a 3.0L in the SRX as heavy as it is. But at least the recent transmission reprogramming I got will tide me over until I can afford to move up to something else. That may be a while with this terrible economy.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Marc,

All you comments are making me wish I had waited for the 2012 model. I had a 3.5L engine in my Infiniti SUV and was shocked that they put a 3.0L in the SRX as heavy as it is. But at least the recent transmission reprogramming I got will tide me over until I can afford to move up to something else. That may be a while with this terrible economy.
    Steve as with any "all' new vehicle the first few years there will always be some tweaks and changes made based on consumers feedback etc.

It happened to me back with my 04 SSR, the 05 came out with a new engine (100 HP more) and some extra refinements too. I look at it this way... I had my dream car "SSR" for an extra year of driving enjoyment. I believe that sometimes life can be too short if one keeps on waiting for something to get better before they buy it right? JUST GET IT and enjoy it!

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

I have to agree with you March. If you keep waiting on the ultimate version, you will be waiting forever. That is why they keep changing them, to keep consumners coming back for the new version. Might be a new SRX in our future next year, but then again the wife has been talking about scaling down her vehicles since we are very rapidly approaching retirement. She sems to feel we need a cheaper vehicle. I have told her that just because we are retiring we don't have to lower our lifestyle, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    I have to agree with you Marc. If you keep waiting on the ultimate version, you will be waiting forever. That is why they keep changing them, to keep consumers coming back for the new version. Might be a new SRX in our future next year, but then again the wife has been talking about scaling down her vehicles since we are very rapidly approaching retirement. She seems to feel we need a cheaper vehicle. I have told her that just because we are retiring we don't have to lower our lifestyle, but we'll see.
    I have see many retired seniors who use to drive around in a nice Caddy luxury car but then for good reason they start to be concerned (and rightfully so) for their future needs and will go from a Caddy to a i.e. Chevy Malibu to save more of their money for their future needs.

I will be thinking the same way too later on in my life ... heck who knows with this crazy economy (stock market) that we have now. If I was an older senior today (I am a younger senior LOL) I would be very careful in how I spend my few extra coins too.

For now I want to enjoy what I have worked so very hard for most of my working life so my SRX is one way to do that.

Yeah, we have been fortunate to enjoy nice new cars for the past 30 years. Several of them Cadillacs. I see no reason we should change now, that's what we have saved all these years for, but for some reason she is getting worried. She even mentioned a Hyundai Santa Fe. I think I should take her and let her drive one. I am sure that would reinforce her desire for a newer SRX in the future.

To be honest with you I really love the new 2012 SRX and wouldn't want to get something I feel is less classy and less comfy as our SRXs are. That being said ... I really do like the new GMC Terrian my wife just got and it is a vastly improved vehicle from her old Equinox/ Torrent days were. GM has really stepped up the quality and added great new features on these newer SUVs. If I felt that I needed to go down in cost to save some money I would definitely consider buying another GMC Terrain or Chevy Equinox.

NOTE: Certainly my vanity plates wouldn't look nearly as cool as hers does on her new GMC

If I have anything to say about it, the next car will be either a newer SRX, or some other GM product. Looking forward to some real world gas mileage numbers when you get a few more miles on it. Breakin miles really do matter. My 11 Avalanche was only getting about 18 HWY. We just got back from a 1900 mile trip to west Texas and Santa Fe, and around the 3000 mile number on the odometer the car kind of woke up, and stared turning in 20 or slightly better on the HWY and averaging a little ove 18 with about 65% city and 35% hwy combined.

b4z

Not to derail the thread but the best way to "own" a Cadillac is to lease it. Unless of course you are going to own it for 10 years.
    I have been in and out of SRXs thru leases and it is the best way. GM always offers early termination and always pays off some or all of the remaining payments and always give cash incentives to lease or buy another car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.