Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here! in Cadillac SRX Forums; I certainly hope the quality control is better than the 10's & 11's. Seems like lots of srx issues rearing ...
    Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: Post Your New 2012 SRX Pics and Reviews Here!

I certainly hope the quality control is better than the 10's & 11's. Seems like lots of srx issues rearing their ugly heads

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by RAB View Post
    Marc, congratulations on getting yourself a new 2012 SRX. It looks great!
    I really like those 20" machined-finish rims. They're a nice look - I prefer them over the optional 20" chromed rims.
    It's great you're providing photos as well as your own first impressions of the new vehicle. When you have a chance can you post one or two photos of the interior (seating area & dash). I understand that for 2012 the previous "Ebony interior with Titanium accents" configuration has been changed to "Ebony interior with Ebony accents". I'd like to see what that looks like. Best of luck with your new SRX!
    Here are a few shots of the new ALL "Ebony" interior.

Below is the look of the NEW Heated steering wheel button.

duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

Marc, is your new baby a performance or premium? Also how tight is the steering? My dealer is now telling me that my 2012 SRX Crystal Red Premium will be at least 8 weeks longer because GM has a constraint on the paint. Major Bummer! I do like the new machined rims but I am going with the chrome techs. I live in New Orleans so the only salt down here is on my crayfish and not the streets so my chrome techs rims should be OK!

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Looks great. Keep us informed. My wife's will be two years old next March, and that is usually as long as she keeps a car, of course I have been hearing convertible Camaro mentioned a lot. Drove an RS model with the 3.6 this morning when I was getting my first oil change in the Avalanche. Not a bad performer, but certainly different than a SRX. By the way they used DEXOS ib the 11 Avalanche.

Quote Originally Posted by duke11 View Post
    Marc, is your new baby a performance or premium? Also how tight is the steering? My dealer is now telling me that my 2012 SRX Crystal Red Premium will be at least 8 weeks longer because GM has a constraint on the paint. Major Bummer! I do like the new machined rims but I am going with the chrome techs. I live in New Orleans so the only salt down here is on my crayfish and not the streets so my chrome techs rims should be OK!
    Wow major bummer indeed!

My SRX is a Performance model not a Premium one. My new SRX is the same model as my 2010 SRX. Now that I have driven a little bit more I have noticed in a very short time the new SRX's ride appears to be more refined than my 2010 was. Slightly tighter (can some what be do to the fact it is brand new) and smoother to me. The insulated glass appears to make the interior slightly quieter especially on the Thruway/ Freeways when huge trucks pass you by. I had the same insualted glass in my Buick Enclave and I liked how very quiet that ride was too.

Along with the new dual layered glass the interior's new added insulation seems to me to help contribute to the overall improvement in a quieter environment, again your experience might vary from mine but I am very pleased with it.

GM's newest version of their 3.6 really adds a great feel to one's driving experience. For the record once I got use to the 3.0 engine and learned its limits I was OK with it ... but deep down inside, I too longed and wished it was either a turbo or a larger engine. Now that I have the new 3.6 it completely satisfies me and I am thrilled to know that if and when I want to roar past someone or something I got all the power I need or could want!

NOTE: I am not a expert in testing vehicles or comparing them. Each person will sense and feel different things and I will need more time to get to feel and sense all her new refinements to try and compare and distinguish the differences of the newness vs the actual added refinements too.

Thanks for reading my comments... if you have any questions I will try to document them with photos and or try to explain in more details for you if I can.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Can you feel a little extra oomph pulling away from a stoplight? And is acceleration a little more effortless and with lower revs?
    Is the enginee quieter due to the changes made to the engine and the sound insulation?

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Can you feel a little extra oomph pulling away from a stoplight? And is acceleration a little more effortless and with lower revs?
    Is the enginee quieter due to the changes made to the engine and the sound insulation?
    YES and YES to the first two questions! I definitely feel more power in the lower RPM ranges too!

As far as the engine being quieter... hmmm it is really kind of hard to tell so I will need to listen more carefully next time out ... I do know this when I step on it hard you can certainly hear a much deeper throated roar coming out of exhaust and the larger 3.6 engine as compared to the sounds of the 3.0.

Believe it or not I can actually feel it thrusting me back into my seat!

b4z

Marc, since the engine now has lighter weight connecting rods, it should rev a little faster and quieter. They have also covered the fuel rails with rubbber to
    quiet the direct injection down a little at idle. `

SRXing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2011

hey Marc,
    Congrats on ur new SRX,
    since the lock/unlock button on the new SRX 2011 has shifted to the doors,what is the replacement for the old lock/unlock buttons that used to be located below in the middle of the dash board ?

doctormstein1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

would love to MPG in real world thanks

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by SRXing View Post
    hey Marc,
    Congrats on ur new SRX,
    since the lock/unlock button on the new SRX 2011 has shifted to the doors,what is the replacement for the old lock/unlock buttons that used to be located below in the middle of the dash board ?
    Those buttons are still there. The ones on the door are just additional lock/unlock buttons.

b4z

Would like to no mileage also. Could you let us know what the "Instant Mileage" is at 70mph and at 75mph on flat ground? TIA.

mrl859 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 White SRX Performance/2011 Radiant Silver CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Those buttons are still there. The ones on the door are just additional lock/unlock buttons.
    Photo of the door switches?

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Check out the pics on page 1 of this thread. There are several that show the door lock switch located in front of the handle.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

so what is the price /msrp for a premium 2012 srx ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.