2011 SRX Performance 3.0 New Engine
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 SRX Performance 3.0 New Engine in Cadillac SRX Forums; So creeping home last Wednesday night on my daily commute in Washington DC and the engine shuts off. Luckily I ...
    rgalpaugh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2011 SRX Performance 3.0 New Engine

So creeping home last Wednesday night on my daily commute in Washington DC and the engine shuts off. Luckily I was able to coast to the mini shoulder. Roadside assistance cited a 2 hour wait for a tow truck, but the State police motorist assist was able to get a truck there in 20 minutes. Towed to dealer where I bought the car, next day's "update" there's something wrong with your engine...no kidding. Three days later, we're going to replace the engine. I've had a loaner and they've been very nice about it, but I'm glad it's my company car and not my personal car as I'd be a bit more hesitant about a new engine install. We'll see how this goes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: 2011 SRX Performance 3.0 New Engine

With my 08 CTS they had to replace the engine at 1599 mils. It wasn't a company car and I was VERY upset and could see a scratched up, cobbled together car. That didn't happen. The two best Cadillac onlu mechanics at the dealership did a wonderful job, and you could not tell the engine had ever been out of the car. Hopefully your experience will be the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.