Very Slow Throttle Response!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Very Slow Throttle Response! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hopefully someone out there in internetland can help me. I have a 2011 SRX Lux Perf 2.8T. Sometimes when the ...
    hardatach is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX 2.8T

Very Slow Throttle Response!

Hopefully someone out there in internetland can help me. I have a 2011 SRX Lux Perf 2.8T. Sometimes when the engine is not totally warmed up.....the throttle response is very, very, very slow. To the point that it makes it scary to pull out into traffic. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem? I had the vehicle to the dealer today and they tried to explain it away a turbo lag. I know what turbo lag is and expect it. This is not turbo lag and sometimes it last 4 to 5 secconds.

Please help....this is a very scary situation.

Thanks,

Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: Very Slow Throttle Response!

There is a TSB for it. Luckily you have it for your 2011, as GM doesnt offer it for my 2010 2.8t ....but yes its very dangerous. You practically have to press the gas to the floorboard to get it to move and when it does it still takes a second for the car to figure out what it supposed to be doing

hardatach is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX 2.8T

You wouldn't possibly have thee TSB number would you...it would be greatly appreciated!

Ben

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Maybe this: #PI0238B: Transmission Hesitation or Sag - (Feb 7, 2011)

droldsmobile is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv srx

I don't have a turbo but my 2011 SRX is the biggest dog I have ever owned.It has the worst engine/transmission combo....the trans is always hunting for the right gear-even the smallest grade changes require going down one gear sometimes two even at 70 mph on the freeway.
    Also very disappointed in the ride,for a luxury suv they really missed it.I mentioned this to my service manager (who I get to see way to often) and he said I'm just not used to ride of an suv....they are different than the ride of a car.While I'm on the bus I have to mention my cooled seats that don't cool.Again my service manager said they work better when the inside of my car is cooler-when it's warm inside the car they won't cool as fast.
    If it wasn't warm inside my car I wouldn't even turn them on-I wouldn't need them.The loaner DTS I was given had seats that got so cold I had to shut them off after about 10 miles.
    But again after 2 visits I have been assured everything is working properly even though there is no cooling going on.
    Just one more........what is up with the floor mat on the passengers side with the slit in it.How could a team of engineers look at that mat and say......that's as good as it's going to get-go ahead and build it that way.
    I'm done

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

droldsmobile: you wrote, "biggest dog I have ever owned......worst engine/transmission combo......disappointed in the ride......for a luxury suv they really missed it.......cooled seats that don't cool......the slit in the passenger side floor mat."

Sounds to me like you walked into your Cadillac dealer and dropped $40K-$50K without so much as a reasonable test drive or a good once over when checking the SRX out. Otherwise, you would have picked up on ALL of these things before you wrote a check. Is the SRX the first car you have ever purchased? Am I missing something? If so, please explain.

"They missed it....." No, it sounds like you did, all of it, right down to the floor mats. By the way, you are giving older guys like me a bad name.

PJ

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by droldsmobile View Post
    I don't have a turbo but my 2011 SRX is the biggest dog I have ever owned.It has the worst engine/transmission combo....the trans is always hunting for the right gear-even the smallest grade changes require going down one gear sometimes two even at 70 mph on the freeway.
    Also very disappointed in the ride,for a luxury suv they really missed it.I mentioned this to my service manager (who I get to see way to often) and he said I'm just not used to ride of an suv....they are different than the ride of a car.While I'm on the bus I have to mention my cooled seats that don't cool.Again my service manager said they work better when the inside of my car is cooler-when it's warm inside the car they won't cool as fast.
    If it wasn't warm inside my car I wouldn't even turn them on-I wouldn't need them.The loaner DTS I was given had seats that got so cold I had to shut them off after about 10 miles.
    But again after 2 visits I have been assured everything is working properly even though there is no cooling going on.
    Just one more........what is up with the floor mat on the passengers side with the slit in it.How could a team of engineers look at that mat and say......that's as good as it's going to get-go ahead and build it that way.
    I'm done
    I just had my 2010 SRX transmission reprogrammed with new ratios at the dealer and it made a HUGE difference in what you are complaining about.

I agree that the seats don't cool as well as I expected them too. The car I test drove didn't have this feature available.

PJ1520 The SRX is my wifes car-she fell in love with the look and had to have it.I agree with her this car looks great from every angle but I think the 2009 CTS we traded was a much better driving car-more responsive with it's 3.0 V6 better engine/trans combo,pulled much harder.
    I was aware of it's short comings when we bought it-I drive this car twice a month or when it has to go back to the dealer so it only bothers me when I'm behind the wheel otherwise I'm driving my Escalade ESV which I really enjoy-gas mileage and all.
    As far as the cooled seats go....cooled seats in a $52,000.00 car should cool-period.I have had cooled seats in 5 other GM products and they worked great,these should too.My post yesterday was mostly out of frustration-I just wish GM could start to get this stuff right.The SRX is my 6th Cadillac and I have been a loyal GM customer since I started buying cars and trucks.
    So I guess to answer your question....no this is not my first new car purchase.....and as far as the floor mat goes if you can't admit that it is the weakest attempt at designing a floor pan in any vehicle in 2011 I think you missed it....it just shows nobody is sweating the details-Cadillac has got to step up if they are going to come out on top,they have the tuffest competition out there and they can't be asleep at the wheel.
    GM has made huge strides, but have to keep improving.Im anxious to see and drive the new XTS-I saw it at the auto show in Chicago and it looked outstanding.
    As far as a bad name for you older guys goes.......If a guy your age doesn't have some kind of reputation by now...you have been doing it wrong.
    Oh ya...how do you like your SRX...............................

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

PJ1520 The SRX is my wifes car-she fell in love with the look and had to have it.I agree with her this car looks great from every angle but I think the 2009 CTS we traded was a much better driving car-more responsive with it's 3.0 V6 better engine/trans combo,pulled much harder.
    I was aware of it's short comings when we bought it-I drive this car twice a month or when it has to go back to the dealer so it only bothers me when I'm behind the wheel otherwise I'm driving my Escalade ESV which I really enjoy-gas mileage and all.
    As far as the cooled seats go....cooled seats in a $52,000.00 car should cool-period.I have had cooled seats in 5 other GM products and they worked great,these should too.My post yesterday was mostly out of frustration-I just wish GM could start to get this stuff right.The SRX is my 6th Cadillac and I have been a loyal GM customer since I started buying cars and trucks.
    So I guess to answer your question....no this is not my first new car purchase.....and as far as the floor mat goes if you can't admit that it is the weakest attempt at designing a floor pan in any vehicle in 2011 I think you missed it....it just shows nobody is sweating the details-Cadillac has got to step up if they are going to come out on top,they have the tuffest competition out there and they can't be asleep at the wheel.
    GM has made huge strides, but have to keep improving.Im anxious to see and drive the new XTS-I saw it at the auto show in Chicago and it looked outstanding.
    As far as a bad name for you older guys goes.......If a guy your age doesn't have some kind of reputation by now...you have been doing it wrong.
    Oh ya...how do you like your SRX...............................
    There's an issue with some '10-11 SRXs where the A/C takes awhile to cool the car down and doesn't blow "cool" air. I think there is a TSB on it.
    That may have something to do with you seats not cooling IDK.
    I drove a '11 a few weeks ago to check out this problem and the car I drove never really did blow cold air. I then drove a '12 a few days ago and it cooled right down. This is in 95+ temps with 90-100% humidity.

See about having the transmission reprogrammed. Also always drive in Sport mode. The Sport mode in the SRX is completely different in the SRX than the one in the CTS. In the SRX it adjusts everything from throttle response, to transmission, etc.

If you guys don't feel like you can stay with your SRX, the 2012 is a different animal. Wait until there are incentives on the '12 then dump your current one.

I don't know if you saw my posts on the '12 in Marc's '12 thread but the engine has got power all over the place. And it never did kickdown on hills like all the 3.0L SRXs I have driven do.

I agree with you on the ride quality also. The '12 is better. I didn't like the '10s ride quality after 15'. It had a jiggly and harsh feel especially in the rear suspension.

The other part of this is you are comparing the SRX to the CTS. The CTS is really a terrific riding and handling vehicle. My '11 CTS 3.0L base FE1 is every bit as quick around a cloverleaf as my GTO- and it rides better.
    How would it handle if i had the FE2 or FE3 suspension? There is no way the SRX will ever handle like a CTS.
    Another part of the SRX is the body roll. While it is superior to a RX350 in handling it does have body roll. (even the '12) So while the engine is willing the suspension does not encourage you to throw it into a curve.

I would drive the '12 and if you still don't like it maybe consider the '12 CTS Sportwagon.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

PJ1520 ..........The SRX is my wifes car-she fell in love with the look and had to have it................................
    Had you begun your first post with the "wife qualifier" that would have shed some light on the subject. And if this is her ride and you seldom drive it, and she is happy with the SRX, then why trash the SRX to all of the owners here who actually test drove and chose to own one? Your original post made it sound like the owners of the SecondGen SRX all made poor decisions. They didn't. They picked what they liked and preferred to drive. And an overwhelming portion of the marketplace agrees with them, voting with their wallets.

In its very first year, the SecondGen SRX, in its market segment, vaulted from also ran to the #2 position with a sales increase of over 150% and has continued its sales and market success for the 2011 model year. The 2012 iteration now sports some serious power gains for the base (and only) engine.

Your cooled seats do sound like an issue, granted. And I will give you that the floorpan configuration may make the driver and front passenger's foot position uncomfortable for some. Floor mats are nitpicking and can be replaced. While the 3.0L V6 may not light fires for some, and one drawback may be a busier drivetrain, there was the 2.8L turbo as an option for those who chose to go in that direction. Something for everyone, and at eye opening prices that expanded the SRX' appeal to far more buyers.

Re your question of how I likemy SRX......the GenII SRX didn't quite fill the bill for me/my family because I had up-front requirements on which I couldn't compromise: third row seating and the cargo area behind the second row. We needed the third row for hauling people and munchkins. The space and dimensions in the GenII behind the second row seat were all wrong for what my family needs to haul several times a week, dog crates. So my wife and I chose a low mileage CPO GenI lease turn-in with the V8 Northstar and a warranty extension.

But I do appreciate what I see on the street with the GenII. Like the GenI, you can pick an SRX out of a veritable sea of CUVs and SUVs on the road. I prefer the significant appearance differentiation.

Hence the tone of my response to your original post.

PJ

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Still unhappy that my 2010 2.8T srx is not within the VIN range for the throttle response TSB even though it has all the typical symptoms

Ok,now this is more like it.....we agree on something-that the genII SRX is far and away the best looking SUV on the road-big or small.It looks outstanding coming or going.
    Just for the record I did drive the turbo before purchasing-way too much lag and drama (lot's of vibration and not really a great sound) for the small increase in performance,but I didn't expect much considering this was a motor that Saab had sitting on the shelf built and ready to go into something-well with no Saab's to put it in let's use them up in Cadillac's.I guess most people agreed with me because it was discontinued almost as fast as it was released-good choice.
    I also hope that in 2012 with all the updates and changes made by learning from the short comings of the 11 SRX they hand Lexus thier lunch by outselling the RX model-If you have driven an RX you already know it's kind of a pooch-very underpowered.
    Sorry but I just can't get past the floorpan-I just think it's a big oops.In a Kia,maybe a Hyundai OK...but not a Cadillac.
    Keep an eye out for the new Cadillac Ciel-it is killer-kind of a wierd name but it's step back to cars having names and not being referred to by 3 letters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.