POP-UP screen in SRX 2011
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, POP-UP screen in SRX 2011 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey guys, I just wanna ask if the pop up screen is available in all SRX packages??? for me whenever ...
    SRXing is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2011

POP-UP screen in SRX 2011

Hey guys,

I just wanna ask if the pop up screen is available in all SRX packages???
    for me whenever I look at it when it pops up and go down every time I drive my SRX ,am like,this thing gonna get stuck and not gonna moving sometime soon ... I hope this thing is durable ...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: POP-UP screen in SRX 2011

Yes, all models have the pop-up screen. Getting stuck is not something I worry about. Like anything with moving parts, there's friction, and friction means wear. Will it eventually wear out? Probably one day, but more than likely after the rest of the car has exhausted its life cycle. Don't lose sleep over this one. This feature is not new. Caddy has had it since the 2008 CTS. I've never heard of anyone having issues with it.

Sube

OK..good to hear that there is no common problem with Pop-Up screen ,,I didn't know that Caddy been using it since 2008..
    Thanx for the reply Sube

TB

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Actually Sube, not all models have the Pop Up Nav. Just when optioned with it. So a base model can't get Nav, and you can get a Luxury Collection without Nav as well.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Actually Sube, not all models have the Pop Up Nav. Just when optioned with it. So a base model can't get Nav, and you can get a Luxury Collection without Nav as well.
    Oooooops! You're so right. Forgot about the non-Nav models. How did I do that? I actually had one of them as a loaner. I remember looking at the small screen and noticing that it looked exactly the same (when turned off), except it didn't rise.

Sube

aha...so the pop up screen comes only with the Nav Option...

Thanx guys

TB

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

Does anybody know how to get the pre-set radio station icons to stay on the screen when it is down position? When it is up they stay but when I put the screen down they disappear and I have to click the fav button for them to reappear for a few seconds. I know on my CTS the stations stay when the screen is down. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlGHUMMER View Post
    Does anybody know how to get the pre-set radio station icons to stay on the screen when it is down position? When it is up they stay but when I put the screen down they disappear and I have to click the fav button for them to reappear for a few seconds. I know on my CTS the stations stay when the screen is down. Thanks
    Can't be done. I guess this just works differently then it does in the CTS. You don't have to press the "Fav" button to display them. I believe if you press the up/down arrows on the steering wheel they should automatically display.

Sube

BlGHUMMER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS4 3.6 D.I. Hot Lava Edition

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    Can't be done. I guess this just works differently then it does in the CTS. You don't have to press the "Fav" button to display them. I believe if you press the up/down arrows on the steering wheel they should automatically display.

Sube
    Thanks Sube! That is good to know.

cvettr/cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Infrared CTS-V

why not change station with steering wheel controls instead of pushing on the nav screen? Yeah you dont see the station till you change it and you change it in order rather than skipping around but we set them up in the order of preference so wheel controls work fine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.