Hurray! My 2012 SRX is being built this week! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Hurray! My 2012 SRX is being built this week! in Cadillac SRX Forums; Marc, To go from a 2010 to a 2012 model , ballpark about what it is it running you. I ...
    22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

Re: Hurray! My 2012 SRX is being built this week!

Marc, To go from a 2010 to a 2012 model , ballpark about what it is it running you. I have a 2011 and I am thinking of maybe upgradingf to a 2012. I like the vehicle alot,except for the 3.0 engine. Frank

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

To be honest with you that is something that I won't put into print. Every case is going to be different... since I am eligible for the GM discount my numbers might not be a true reflection of someone else's price situation.

You might want to find a buyer (as I have done) if not then check with your local Caddy dealers in your area and out of your area to see what they will give you on a trade-in. Typically speaking it is usually more cost effective to wait around 2 MY - (Model Years) or more before you trade in. Remember that mileage and your SRX's over all condition will also factor into the buyer's decision. You might find that your 2011 MY trade in might work for you too, so don't necessarily think you need to wait longer.

Get various prices on line NADA or Kelly Blue Book etc and dealer's prices on a Trade-In and then put your SRX in the newspaper and try to sell it for slightly more money. Remember you will loose the taxes on your sale if you don't run your SRX sale through your dealer. My dealer is willing to do that for me so I won't have to pay taxes on the full amount again. Some states allow you to only pay taxes on the difference of your trade-in and the new price.... thus saving you lots of $$$.

Let me know how you make out, and best of luck in your search.

*duplicate*

Gronk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Unhappy Re: Hurray! My 2012 SRX is being built this week!

I have been trying to order a 2012 for the past two weeks. Can't find a dealer that has 2012 order or pricing info yet, out here on the west coast.
    I have to two different dealers in my area with no luck. I have called several other dealers in the Bay area, and I keep getting the same story.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see.

jjjleblanc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Premium AWD

Gronk, The Cadillac dealer I work with placed my order as part of their stock order. He said they didn't have the pricing (as of July 11th) and will see it when the invoice arrives. We'll work out the details after it arrives and I test drive it. At this point all my options are open. I've purchased multiple Cadillacs from this dealer so there's a lot of trust on both sides. Good luck with your search!

jperaino is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I ordered a 2012 SRX in July and it was produced this past week. It is currently bayed at the plant waiting for a ride to NJ. My dealer says that it should take about 3 weeks to get here. I also ordered black ice with the titanium/ebony interior. MSRP is around $53,800.

Quote Originally Posted by jperaino View Post
    I ordered a 2012 SRX in July and it was produced this past week. It is currently bayed at the plant waiting for a ride to NJ. My dealer says that it should take about 3 weeks to get here. I also ordered black ice with the titanium/ebony interior. MSRP is around $53,800.
    Congrats... that is awesome to hear! Hmm nice color choice too.

BTW: I just found out in an email this morning that my SRX was pulled up earlier and built last Friday and not this week.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Exciting, isn't it!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

I noticed that the '11s are starting to stack up on my dealer's lot.
    The '12 is def. the one to get now.
    Hoping the new blue doesn't have any lavender in it cause that will hurt sales for most buyers.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I am interested in hearing the initial reviews when the 2012 model hits the streets. Let's see if the complaints about the 2010 get corrected.

Gronk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

Finally found a dealer that has the ordering and pricing info for the 2012 SRX. Sounded very good over the phone and was willing to immediately place an order as soon as we negotiate the price and trade-in of my 2010 SRX. Will be going over to see him this weekend (about 125 miles away) and hopefully make a deal.

2012SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Marc...am new to forum...ordered (GMS) a 2012 Radiant Silver Premium w/Titanium on 7/19 and am told by my sales rep it will be built on 8/8. We'll see. Coming out of a 2009 CTS-V...long story. How did you contact "Tony" at GM, to get him to provide updates? Tks...Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 2012SRX View Post
    Marc...am new to forum...ordered (GMS) a 2012 Radiant Silver Premium w/Titanium on 7/19 and am told by my sales rep it will be built on 8/8. We'll see. Coming out of a 2009 CTS-V...long story. How did you contact "Tony" at GM, to get him to provide updates? Tks...Tom
    Hi 2012SRX, to be honest with you I have never met Tony personally, Tony was contacted by a good GM friend of mine who works up in Detroit at the Ren Center. Tony was able to help me get photos of the 2012 SRX new 20" machined rims and the chrome grille. Tony also volunteered on his own to keep me posted on the status of my SRX order.

FYI: Your dealer can do the same for you as well. If Tony hadn't offered to track my SRX for me I would have asked my dealer to find out the status of my order instead. (obviously I left Tony last name off for privacy reasons)

Below is another email I received from Tony today.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Yeah Marc, be sure to keep us posted. I am sure they have some some tweaking to make an already awesome car even better. I don't think we will be trading anytime soon though. We usually only keep a car about 2 years, and I asked my wife the other day if she was thinking about trading next year. She suprised me and told me she likes her SRX so much she might keep it as long as she did her 01 Tahoe. That vehicle lasted 5 years, which is a major record for us. Of course that is always subject to change with very little notice, and I have to admit that I am the one who usually puts the trade car bug in her ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponyman View Post
    Yeah Marc, be sure to keep us posted. .... Of course that is always subject to change with very little notice, and I have to admit that I am the one who usually puts the trade car bug in her ear.
    My wife liked her Pontiac Torrent so much that it took me over two years to convince her she needed a new one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.