Srx?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Srx? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My lease is ending shortly and I am weighing up my options...will I like the SRX? Waiting for the 2012's ...
    Cruizing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Srx?

My lease is ending shortly and I am weighing up my options...will I like the SRX? Waiting for the 2012's and not sure??
    Can I get some opinions?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

larryk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Previously 01 BMW X5

Re: Srx?

Have you driven one?

Not yet! Plan to test drive one soon..my dealership seems a little negative on them?
    Before I take one out thought I might get an idea here...

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

I find it very very odd that a Caddy Dealer would be even remotely negative on a vehicle that brings in $35,000 to $60,000 (depending on model and options) . . . . it's money in the bank for them.

I can say this:

I LOVE MINE. I have a 2010 AWD Premium model and I love to drive it so much that I actually can't get enough of it. I love the sleek look of it, and the fact that it stands out in a crowd (especially when compared to the Lexus which looks like an egg on wheels and you see dozens of them in a supermarket parking lot, or at a school soccer game LOL )

It drives smooth and I have no complaints at all. And everyone who has ridden in my SRX has nothing but fantastic things to say about it as well.

But, it would not be an honest report if I did not say some negative things (however these negative things do not bother me one bit)

1. Blind spots - it may take you some time to adjust and get used to the blind spots on the SRX. No fancy maneuvering out there on the highway until you have gotten a feel for your SRX and the blind spots.

2. Giddy Up - For me, there is plenty of power, but I also understand the SRX is an SUV, not a sports car. Now, the 2012 will have a bigger engine, and it is assumed an increase in power with that: Problem solved.

3. Fuel Economy - I get about 18 MPG on mine. That's mostly highway driving mixed in with a bit of city. I had the trans tweaks that were talked about in another thread, which decreased my MPG but gave me the power boost I was looking for. However, with the price of Gas in NY, 18MPG hurts, as I am filling up my tank for $72 almost on a weekly basis (did I mention that I love the SRX so much that I just can't stop driving it?)

I purchased my SRX 10 months old and so even though it is a 2010, I have not had experience driving the AWD in the winter yet, but I truly look forward to it this year!

Finally, as everyone else will tell you . . .GO DRIVE IT !!!!!! It's an eye catcher . . but it's not for everyone. Thank God! I would hate to see everyone in the world driving the same car!

Good luck

allgm is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

I agree with kuya. I have fwd when i nail it at a stop light i can feel the torque steer plenty of power for me.
    But i would like a 3.6. Also i would get a premium it has rear a/c seperate fan and temp controls my dogs love it.

Well, I should have perhaps clarified it was the Service Manager that really didn't remark favourably which is really why it hasn't disillusioned me!
    He did also mention the blind spots especially the rear window. I guess really I should take one out and see what I think! Good to get a feel though of
    what people think!
    Thanks

smiley47 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon Black Diamond Tri-Coat

I think the service manager must be on something. Rear visibility is as good as any SUV. Test drive it and if you like it wait for the 2012. They're just around the corner.

Thanks! I will take one out as soon as they arrive!!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

The Service Mgr should be shot. Period! If he doesn't personally like it, which is OK, just say "I preferred the Escalade myself, but why don't you test drive one!" Guess he doesn't need the job? What a jerk.

The 2012 will be faster, so I recco the AWD to eliminate any torque steer. It will be minimal but noticeable to a heavy foot. True of ALL FWD sleds.
    You don't list any Profile data, so I don't know, but you may have snow/ice use for AWD in your geo? It's great on rain soaked blacktop roads as well!

TEST DRIVE for yourself. Make it clear you want a half- hour minimum road time!! Many Dealers give you the car for an hour or 2, on your own these days. Make an appt if necessary. Try all seats/controls and road types/speeds.

And Delores' comments above are true. Nothing beats the Premium model's rear A/C additional fan speed controls. My standard, rear vents are adequate and equal/better than most standard set-ups out there, in the normal 85-90*F , NY temps, for most back seat passengers. (but it takes a few minutes to get back there, so I Remote Start when needed!) Most autos depend on the front middle vents alone, to blow back there. (what do you drive now?) If you live in AZ, however....get the Premium model.

Good luck and let us know!

SS

I live outside Toronto..but should say I am a 'fair weather driver'! When the roads are bad, I am not on them which has me questioning if I really need AWD?
    My dealer will let me take a car for a few hours to play with..and I can take a couple of different models out to compare.
    At the moment I drive a Buick Enclave CXL which I have LOVED! It's just more car than I need sadly...I drive around 6 empty seats much of the time.

jay_zee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Garage empty...add car

I'd like to get my hands on a 2012 Premium SRX. Hoping that 3.6 will make a little bit of difference. I test drove a used 2010 with about 20K miles on it and there was a couple of things I was less than impressed with. It was sluggish leaving from a standstill...I was looking around to see if the parking brake was on! In fact we were on a slight, slight incline and I almost rolled back to the guy behind me in a Beamer. I'm generally light footed, so that was a quick learning curve that you really gotta get on the go pedal. #2 is a problem that will hopefully be fixed by now. The armrest between the front seats would move when I leaned on it. It had 20's on it so I was checking on how harsh the ride was, and it it just fine. Maybe it was just me, but I was good with it.
    I'll push for a hour or two test drive when it's time. Never done that before. Hope I don't get shot down on that one.

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Quote Originally Posted by jay_zee View Post
    I'll push for a hour or two test drive when it's time. Never done that before. Hope I don't get shot down on that one.
    It's become pretty much customary for salespeople to let a prospective customer keep a car overnight. I had a 48 hour test drive. My salesman suggested I take it home overnight. I didn't have to ask. It was his idea. Then, he remembered he was off the next day, so he told me to just keep it an extra day. I guess it just depends on the dealer.

Sube

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Sube's advice is good. One can't adequately wring out a vehicle against one's personal preferences and make a rational decision with a 15 minute test drive or two, on a $40K plus vehicle no less.

PJ

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Cruizing View Post
    I live outside Toronto..but should say I am a 'fair weather driver'! When the roads are bad, I am not on them which has me questioning if I really need AWD?
    My dealer will let me take a car for a few hours to play with..and I can take a couple of different models out to compare.
    At the moment I drive a Buick Enclave CXL which I have LOVED! It's just more car than I need sadly...I drive around 6 empty seats much of the time.

Interesting, I had exact same ride, (Enclave CXL) with AWD, before SRX. So, here is the answer: If you had FWD in the Enclave and it worked out, you're done. But honestly, if it was I, In Toronto, I'd go AWD for the "insurance" of getting home in an unexpected snow/ice storm. Gas difference over 15K miles year, will be only $250 max , for the year! And some torque steer with FWD is gonna be there in rain, no matter what.... hardly a problem, but......

Just IMHO

Best wishes!

SS

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Regarding the dealership employee who was "down" on the 2012, the employee simply wants to do what is best for the dealer and for him, and that is to move what is on the lot (2011) before the 2012s show up, close a deal NOW! The person who should be shot would be the prospective customer who listens to the employee's drivel.

Wouldn't it be fun to pull out the GM press release for the 2012 and show it to that employee? "I am confused, Ralph. Your very own GM management is touting the 2012 as a major leap ahead for the SRX, but you beg to differ. Care to explain to me why? Seems to me that the list of enhancements and improvements is quite lengthy. Care to comment on which ones stink?"

PJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.