Srx? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Srx? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX Interesting, I had exact same ride, (Enclave CXL) with AWD, before SRX. So, here is ...
    Cruizing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Srx?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' SRX View Post
    Interesting, I had exact same ride, (Enclave CXL) with AWD, before SRX. So, here is the answer: If you had FWD in the Enclave and it worked out, you're done. But honestly, if it was I, In Toronto, I'd go AWD for the "insurance" of getting home in an unexpected snow/ice storm. Gas difference over 15K miles year, will be only $250 max , for the year! And some torque steer with FWD is gonna be there in rain, no matter what.... hardly a problem, but......

Just IMHO

Best wishes!

SS
    My Enclave is AWD..I am sitting on the fence about it with the next buy.
    Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it.

birolziggi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 cts hi feat,2011 srx lux,2011 cts performance

i live in new york rochester and both my srx and cts are awd. if u live in toronto you should buy awd.excellent handling in snow

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Cruizing View Post
    I live outside Toronto..but should say I am a 'fair weather driver'! When the roads are bad, I am not on them which has me questioning if I really need AWD?
    My dealer will let me take a car for a few hours to play with..and I can take a couple of different models out to compare.
    At the moment I drive a Buick Enclave CXL which I have LOVED! It's just more car than I need sadly...I drive around 6 empty seats much of the time.
    I too had a Buick Enclave (actually two) and both were FWD. I live in WNY where the weather can get pretty nasty. I have always had 4x4 or AWD vehicles since 1984 up to 2007. I bought the First Enclave with FWD because I wanted it. I thought I would give FWD a try out to see how I liked it. I found that perhaps 6 or 7 times I wished I still had AWD, other than those few times I found that driving in the winter the roads were not always covered in deep snow but mostly slush and most of the time the roads were plowed on time for work. I then ordered my 2nd Enclave with Nav and FWD. Still I found a small amount of times I wish I had AWD but was very happy with the feel of FWD. (Yes better gas milage too)

Then came along the SRX which I decided to order FWD again. Since I have a tendency to buy new vehicles yearly or bi-yearly I asked the salesman how much of a hit would I take on the price of an AWD vs FWD. He told me $3,500 for AWD would be worth around $1,500 when I go to trade it back in. Hmmmm I thought do I want to take a $2,000 hit or not??? Mind you if you need or feel safer in AWD by all means get it. Since I was OK with FWD and didn't want to take a hit and loose 2-K on my next trade-in I opted for FWD instead.

I would suggest what ever you do I would wait for the 2012's to show up in mid-August and take one of those for a test drive too.

*One more reason why I don't mind getting a FWD is that my wife and daughter both have AWD vehicles. One is a 2010 Equinox and my wife just got an 2011 GMC Terrian AWD (cyber grey) ;-) So we can exchange vehicles if necessary.

Cruizing is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My lease on my Enclave isn't up until early October so I won't take one out just yet..but soon!
    For me..I think price will help guide my decision with AWD vs FWD because working from home I truly never need to be on bad roads!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.