Dealer service dept. disappointment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Dealer service dept. disappointment in Cadillac SRX Forums; I took my car in this past week to have 3 things done to it. When I went in Saturday ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Dealer service dept. disappointment

I took my car in this past week to have 3 things done to it. When I went in Saturday morning to pick it up, the door area near the speakers was all black boot marked, the console arm rest was grimy, their was grime even on the passenger side. I was quite surprised that a "high end" car dealership would deliver something that looked so bad to a customer. Furthermore, when I got it home, I discovered this big scrape line in the Cadillac logo lighted foot plate. I keep my SRX in pristine condition, one would think I could get it back from the only Cadillac dealership in town looking the same. Now I have to make yet another trip there to show them the big scrape.

I think I may have a visit with the service manager and ask his opinion about this. If I ran a shop of high end cars, at the very least they wouldn't go back to the customer all grimy inside.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Re: Dealer service dept. disappointment

That's awful. I feel your pain . . as I too keep my cars in immaculate condition. I do not even allow eating in my car (talk about ODC) unless it's me and I am the only one in the car at the time LOL. I just don't trust other people to take care of my car the way I do (long story is when I gave a co worker a ride home a few years ago in my last car. She carelessly spills her coffee and doesn't even attempt to clean it up well . . )

Anyway, I feel your pain. About 18 months ago, I took my previous car into the dealer for some body work (got hit by a taxicab in the passenger door). When I picked up my car a few weeks later, there was a gaping hole where my $3,000 after factory sound system used to be. Wires hanging out and everything. They THEN tried to tell me that they were not responsible. And that it was even possible that I came in the middle of the night and stole my own stereo. This was nonesense.

THANK GOD my insurance agent had photos of my car INSIDE their body shop, car apart . and stereo still in car. Which means it was an inside job. And still they gave me a hard time about replacing it.

Oh yea, and I should mention their name .. . just to promote them (so others will stay far away !!)

It was the Lia Toyota Body Shop in Upstate NY.

(As I have vowed to tell everyone I know about that horrible experience, and the horrible way management handled it)

So far, our local Cadillac dealer seems on the ball about everything. All great experiences so far.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

STEVE, that is inexcusable. Period. You do the Dealer and everyone else a disservice if you do NOT bring this to the Service Mgr's attention and failing a reasonable response , straight to the Owner! I've done it and it works!! Once I had to write GM and boy did I then get a call from the "absent" owner!!

Every business can have a screw-up on the staff. How will they know?? I run a business and I love all feedback....good or bad! We haven't had to advertise in 13 years now! Hmmmm...... Guess it's the pretty colors on my signs! LOL

THX KUYA! I love that kinda response to lousy companies. I once threatened Dell computers that I'd put signs up in my business and on my co. vans that said "Dell is Hell! Buy HP!" when they refused to honor my paid warranty! I finally prevailed ( got new $3500 business laptop!) and even spoke to Michael Dell's personal secretary. Firm ,but polite and clear, honest complaints usually get resolved with persistence and sincerity. If same s#it happens again, I'm gone, and everyone knows.

Regards to Lia Toyota!! Got your number pal!

SS

PS......... I'm a decent guy (ask my mother!) but once a Dealer did NON-authorized work on 4 year old SUV that was in for covered warranty work! I never got a call or signed for it. It was NON-related to reason I brought the Suv in. When I went to pick it up and found a $345 bill waiting I asked why? they said "We know you have a nice truck and like to keep it in good shape so we did it!" I said I'm trading it in 6 mos and his face went blank.. I wrote a check for the full amount, received my keys, drove straight to bank and put a Stop Pay on the check! Dealer called few weeks later to ask why. I said , show me the signed work authorization or tell me who I gave permission to do it, and I'll be right down with the $$. Never heard again. That Service writer was gone I heard, shortly afterwards. I never went back. Why should I yell and get upset? I now politely inquire/complain, if no results/adjustments, then get my checkbook out :-) Rant OFF! LOL

I went over to the dealership yesterday morning soon after they opened. I told my service writer about picking up my trashed out car and how I had to get someone to clean it up and then come home and do it right. I also showed him the scraped up Cadillac chrome plate in the driver's door. He apologized profusely about the mess in the car and said he was going to find out who worked on it and have a "come to Jesus" talk with him/her. He further apologized that he wasn't there that morning to see it before they drove it out to me like that. I told him that when window washers and exterminator personnel come to my home, they put on booties similar to what people in surgery wear to keep from trashing my floors. I said if they would just do that getting in and out of cars, it would help the door trashing immensely.

They are replacing my chrome door strip for free.

PJ1520 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 SRX4 N*, 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I'd be stewing too, but stewing never gets me anywhere. Very often we have a tendency to jump in the car and take off, before we check for collateral damage.

I am guilty of that myself. I bolted from a tire shop after the installation of 4 new tires plus an alignment, only to discover three of the four rims were seriously gouged during the installation/alignment.......drove right back and showed the damage to the service manager, got all three rims refinished at an outside wheel shop they sent me to. Yes, it was disappointing and a pain in the neck which tied up the car for another day. But I was made whole. Some installer or alignment guy may have lost his job that day, and should have. These were unmarked, $854 (each) pristine rims when I had gone in there. And that is what I expected when the car was returned to me, nothing less.

I agree that when one brings a vehicle in for service they should get it back in at least the same cosmetic condition it was in when it was dropped off. If the service manager is unaware of an issue, he cannot satisfy me; nor can he take corrective action to manage his business and his employees. And yes, those service techs are trained to handle the vehicle's condition as you or I would. One shortcut or two by a careless service tech is all it takes to turn a simple pleasant visit into an unpleasant horror show.

Firm, businesslike, polite, and clear......works for me most of the time. And if my issue is falling on a deaf service manager's ears, I don't hesitate to calmly inform the service manager that this one will be going "upstairs" next, I am not going away, and that he has one final shot at it. No emotion. No anger. No pissing contest. But no give.

I had my Infinity G Coupe in for routine service at the dealer, including an inspection and a new sticker. Got it back with a razor slice in the A pillar fabric, presumably from the old sticker removal by an overzealous service tech, complete with oily residue on the A pillar fabric. As if I wouldn't notice! Pointed this stuff out when I went to pick up the car and they responded very favorably, got a new trim piece eventually, and replaced it. Did that service tech lose his job? I hope not because the situation was an opportunity for the service manager to have a come to Jesus meeting with his techs and issue a warning that such handling of a customer's car would not be tolerated. When I went to pick up the car after the trim replacement, the car was sitting up front, all washed and pristine looking, inside and out. The service manager had walked me to my car but then got this very concerned look on his face.......a bird had bombed the hood, so he had a service tech take the car right back inside for a rewash!!!!!!!

Now if I could just get my same anal-retentive vehicle concerns out to family members, friends, and acquaintences I would feel much better.

A son who goes to place a box of junk on the hood. Folks that think it is OK to lean up against the car all the while they are asking you how you keep your vehicle so pristine looking. A wife who lets the grandchildren eat, drink, or spill anything while riding in the vehicle (and doesn't tell you about the spillage or the melting gummy bears in the carpeting and on the seat); or parks in the closest and tightest parking space where she almost has to climb out of the UltraView to exit the vehicle, thereby assuring a door ding or scratch. She also loves to park under trees at work in the Summer so the car desn't get too hot (what A/C is for), then tells me there is tree sap and bird droppings all over the car. Gee, how did that happen? Folks that leave their trash in the car or tramp in mud. But I digress.

Expect what you expect. Expect what you deserve and you are more likely to get it......and will like your dealer instead of hating them. But give them a chance. When it is your wife, all bets are off.

PJ

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I took my car in this past week to have 3 things done to it. When I went in Saturday morning to pick it up, the door area near the speakers was all black boot marked, the console arm rest was grimy, their was grime even on the passenger side. I was quite surprised that a "high end" car dealership would deliver something that looked so bad to a customer. Furthermore, when I got it home, I discovered this big scrape line in the Cadillac logo lighted foot plate. I keep my SRX in pristine condition, one would think I could get it back from the only Cadillac dealership in town looking the same. Now I have to make yet another trip there to show them the big scrape.

I think I may have a visit with the service manager and ask his opinion about this. If I ran a shop of high end cars, at the very least they wouldn't go back to the customer all grimy inside.
    I thought I would followup on this as it only seems fair. I told my service advisor about my Saturday morning pickup with my door threshold issue. He was horrified that he wasn't there to see it before I did and get it all cleaned up. He ordered a new "Cadillac" metal plate to replace my scratched one. I got it fixed the other day and now it looks new again. No charge!

qball is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX turbo

Was this a combined dealersip? Mine is and service is sub standard. Since we don't have a pure Cadillac dealership in our area...we will likely never purchase another one. Love the SRX...despite it's nagging problems...but we won't buy another due to the "lack" of service experience. Could get the same level of service if we bought a Malibu. I'm not knocking that car but it's not a Cadillac.

Quote Originally Posted by qball View Post
    Was this a combined dealersip? Mine is and service is sub standard. Since we don't have a pure Cadillac dealership in our area...we will likely never purchase another one. Love the SRX...despite it's nagging problems...but we won't buy another due to the "lack" of service experience. Could get the same level of service if we bought a Malibu. I'm not knocking that car but it's not a Cadillac.
    No. It is a stand-alone Cadillac dealership. HOWEVER, the same local family owns many other brand dealerships in the area but under separate roofs. I think they're trying to be a true exceptional experience but falling short sometimes. I never had any of these problems the many years I was an Infiniti owner.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.