All 2.8T owners chime in on acceleration TSB..2010 owner p'd off
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, All 2.8T owners chime in on acceleration TSB..2010 owner p'd off in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey guys, I spoke with my dealer today and they said that the TSB for the transmission shifting on my ...
    Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

All 2.8T owners chime in on acceleration TSB..2010 owner p'd off

Hey guys,

I spoke with my dealer today and they said that the TSB for the transmission shifting on my 2010 2.8t isnt applicable because of the VIN, ie 2010's. I know you 2011 2.8t guys can get the transmission update and want to know if any of you can compare to the 2010's stock shifting or even your 2011 before it got the update.
    I'm a little peeved as to why the heck the 2011's got the update but not the 2010'. My 2.8t pulls great except for 1st & 2nd gear it's really lagging. The service guy said it was the turbo lag. Uhm no, 300ftlbs of tq at like 2x rpms does not lag in 1st gear so I know this is some GM b.s.
    Any of you 2010 owners having a similar issue and have you tried to push your dealer to get ahold of GM for this issue ?

* Oh what really p'd me off is that my wife ( her 2.8t ) got a luxury 2011 srx loaner with the v6 and she told me how it felt "peppier" than her turbo. Obviously hearing that and paying all that extra $$ for the "turbo" irked me.

You know your shifting algorithm is hella off if the same vehicle with 80ftlbs of torque feels "peppier"

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mjv53 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: All 2.8T owners chime in on acceleration TSB..2010 owner p'd off

I also was told the same thing,, when I asked, also have the same lag issue. I even asked to pay for it it and was told can't do it nothing wrong with it.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

If I'm not mistaken, there are some people on this forum with the 2010 model whose dealers were glad to to this adjustment to the transmission control module. Why are other dealers refusing to do it based on VIN when some aren't ? I can just hear mine now refusing to do it. I called them on Monday and have yet to hear back. So much for the legendary Caddy service. LOL!!

Can I just move to The Netherlands and ride a bicycle? It's surely less stress and crap to put up with.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Me and mm9351 were the 2 recent updates, but I don't believe he has a Turbo and I sure don't............................... As reported mine shifts a little smoother, bit better when downshifting. I recall I asked for WWC8275 . See my post under " Disappointed..." thread which is still active. Page 2 or 3 I believe.

SS

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

i love my 2010 2.8T, but it is my first turbo. i certainly experience some lag, and then it starts ripping so fast i usually have to start braking already. i just figured that it was standard turbocharger lag relative to supercharger lag.

is there any way to tell if it can be improved? the transmission feels smooth as silk in all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, there are some people on this forum with the 2010 model whose dealers were glad to to this adjustment to the transmission control module. Why are other dealers refusing to do it based on VIN when some aren't ? I can just hear mine now refusing to do it. I called them on Monday and have yet to hear back. So much for the legendary Caddy service. LOL!!

Can I just move to The Netherlands and ride a bicycle? It's surely less stress and crap to put up with.
    Wow, if some dealers did that for the turbo motors I would be totally suprised that they would go that far above and beyond. The transmission issue with the turbo is basically at low speed the motor isnt downshifting so up to 15mph or so unless you press the gas about 50% or half-throttle the car moves very slowly and as you can see on the tach the transmission is slowly pulling through the same gear instead of downshifting with that much throttle input. The whole turbo lag thing is a bunch of bs. If it was turbo lag the 2.8t would make much less tq than it does hp. With 300tq and 300hp the pull you feel at high speed should be exactly the same pull you feel from a stop/low speed.

KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    i love my 2010 2.8T, but it is my first turbo. i certainly experience some lag, and then it starts ripping so fast i usually have to start braking already. i just figured that it was standard turbocharger lag relative to supercharger lag.

is there any way to tell if it can be improved? the transmission feels smooth as silk in all respects.
    an addendum to my post---

at first, i used to hit the gas pretty hard at a stop to take off. that was part of the enjoyment of the new car and the turbo. lately, if i don't have traffic around me, i use more of the "eggshell between your foot and the gas pedal" motion, and whereas the car pulls out slowly, without any extra pressure on the pedal, the turbo seems to start engaging more and more within 5-7 seconds or so and the car really begins to zip along. i figure that's better for the gas mileage anyway. at speed, when passing, i have a momentary lag UNLESS i pop it into Sport mode for the pass. then it just roars.

dunno if this relates or not, but i thought that i'd throw it in the post. again, it's my first turbo so i don't have a reference. but if it could be made better, i'm all for it!

Anyone have any updates on a possible tsb for us 2010 2.8t owners ? My dealer said a couple months ago nothing came up and he said even his main tech is dumbfounded why GM would have it available for 2011 2.8T's and not 2010' 2.8T owners

MarioA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8T - Raven Black

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    an addendum to my post---

at first, i used to hit the gas pretty hard at a stop to take off. that was part of the enjoyment of the new car and the turbo. lately, if i don't have traffic around me, i use more of the "eggshell between your foot and the gas pedal" motion, and whereas the car pulls out slowly, without any extra pressure on the pedal, the turbo seems to start engaging more and more within 5-7 seconds or so and the car really begins to zip along. i figure that's better for the gas mileage anyway. at speed, when passing, i have a momentary lag UNLESS i pop it into Sport mode for the pass. then it just roars.

dunno if this relates or not, but i thought that i'd throw it in the post. again, it's my first turbo so i don't have a reference. but if it could be made better, i'm all for it!
    Same here, I ease into to some extent when in ECO mode. When I need to go hard, I switch to Sport.
    I have no issues with lag, it pulls hard.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.