New specs released on 2012 SRX models
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, New specs released on 2012 SRX models in Cadillac SRX Forums; http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1/Apr/0412_srx my 2010 turbo still has the same horsepower and still more torque!! (300:260/300:295)...
    KevinOpp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Peformance Turbo

New specs released on 2012 SRX models

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1/Apr/0412_srx

my 2010 turbo still has the same horsepower and still more torque!! (300:260/300:295)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: New specs released on 2012 SRX models

I wonder how much more the 2012 srx with the new motor will cost than the current v6

CurtisG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Smile Re: New specs released on 2012 SRX models

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    I wonder how much more the 2012 srx with the new motor will cost than the current v6
    I'm sure the price will increase but will have to wait until they come out. They already use a version of this engine in the CTS and other GM vehicles so it shouldn't be a major impact. I received an email from GM news stating other enhancements on the 2012 SRX will include standard Bluetooth phone connectivity on all models, a heated steering wheel on the Luxury, Performance & Premium models and door lock switches on the driver & passenger door panels along with the center console switches. I personally wish they would use the variable electric assist power steering that is used on some GMC & Chevy models as I find it is much smoother and less effort to turn. I'm anxious for the 2012 models to come out as I am really wanting to purchase my first Cadillac, and the SRX is my choice.

Curt

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

It would be very ironic if the new v6 costs as much as the current turbo

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by KevinOpp View Post
    http://media.gm.com/content/media/us...1/Apr/0412_srx

my 2010 turbo still has the same horsepower and still more torque!! (300:260/300:295)
    I for one have been very happy with my 2010 3.0L engine that I have now. That being said I can't wait to drive the newest 2012 3.6L engine.

It is my understanding that the gas mileage on the new 3.6 will be slightly better than what the Turbo and the 3.0 is now.

Here is a video on the newest updates to the 2012 3.6L engine a MUST see:

http://mediasuite.multicastmedia.com...d12&aid=684040

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

What I need is a 3rd Row... If it had one I would already own one one of the newer SRX's, I am getting ready to move out of the old style SRX but I need 3 rows and Escalade is overkill and I don't want a 13MPG family vehicle.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    What I need is a 3rd Row... I need 3 rows and Escalade is overkill and I don't want a 13MPG family vehicle.
    That is an easy question to answer ... Buick Enclave is an awesome vehicle and gets 21 MPG combined for both city and highway. I had two before I bought the 2010 SRX. Rides like a dream and hauls a$$ too.

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Marc NY View Post
    That is an easy question to answer ... Buick Enclave is an awesome vehicle and gets 21 MPG combined for both city and highway. I had two before I bought the 2010 SRX. Rides like a dream and hauls a$$ too.
    If my brother did not already own the Enclave I would consider it but don't want to hear crap about buying the same car. I was hoping for this quote I seen last month to come true...

"GM will build both a seven-seat luxury crossover based on the Lambda platform for Cadillac as well as a next-generation Escalade. The new crossover will fill the price gap between the $34,430 Cadillac SRX and the $63,160 Escalade"

This is what I want but I only seen rumors but nothing to believe in.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

I've also heard about the baby 'Slade (Lambda platform). I haven't seen much on it though. Mind you, GM has been keeping the tap a little tighter these days as well...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.