Is it just me or is it difficult to get this car going from a stand still?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Is it just me or is it difficult to get this car going from a stand still? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have purchased many new cars but never had one like this. It seems to take a good amount of ...
    Audioi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 AWD 2.0 Premium

Is it just me or is it difficult to get this car going from a stand still?

I have purchased many new cars but never had one like this. It seems to take a good amount of throttle to get the car to move from a stand still especially in reverse. I realize it's almost 4500 lbs and the 3.0 litre is no V8 but wow.

Is it just ours or are they all like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kuya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury, Black Raven with Nav

Re: Is it just me or is it difficult to get this car going from a stand still?

I don't really notice anything in reverse . . . but I am usually not tempted to "gun it" when backing out lol.. What I do notice on mine is when I am on the highway . . . and I need to pull into the passing lane and pass someone . . it took me a while to figure out what to do.

Out on the highway . . . doing 65, I gun it to pass someone and the car reaction is delayed. It is like there was no big burst of power . . . for a short delay then it begins to pick up.

I have learned that to get the burst of power I was looking for, not to gun it, but to go about half way on the gas peddle . .seems to have a "sweet spot" where it will jump . . and then it will get up and go for sure. Certainly not a racing vehicle, but that's how I have learned to get my power when needed . .

Who knows . . maybe that's just mine . . ???

LOL

I am very ok with the amount of power in the SRX. I was previously looking at a Hummer H2 which has absolutely NO giddy-up.

Mine feels like the brakes are on in reverse!

C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)

If taken out of gear, when moving, does the car freely roll? Asking this to eliminate sticking calipers. Does the accelerator feel mushy? Don't know specifically about SRX but I believe the electronic throttle could/may need to be recalibrated. Just a couple of guesses.

No rolling, and yes it feels mushy.

We do use the parking brake a bit but you can hear it releasing.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

The reverse gear is a little high, it's interesting for an suv. You'll get used to it.
    As for the forward throttle, once the vehicle adapts to your driving pattern, it'll get much better at taking off from small throttle movements.

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

Mine is plenty motivated for a SUV with a 6 cyl. Depending if you previously drove a CTS-V or a Hyundai Accent, your impressions will be subjective. The 1st gear of the 6 speed tranny is great for take off's. definitely not a race car but decent spirit SUV. I always go slow in reverse where I drive. Lotsa kids/seniors...All here who know me, know that I wish I had the Turbo, as it is a bit quieter when passing ( if you don't have to rev it as high, there is less engine noise!) but not because I need it, just want it! LOL SS

Mine seems like its almost binding, maybe a quick check at the dealer?
    Certainly no coasting in reverse.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

It's just you.

Good answer!

Smokin' SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 Perf 3.0,AWD, 2011 Yukon Denali,(403HP), had 04 SRX

One thing to remember, these new 6,7,8 speed trannys on the market today all "downshift" the gears as you coast. Many complain they can't coast far due to this "binding" effect. It's done so you're not in 5th gear still, bogging down, as you come out of a sharp turn, needing to accelerate. Maybe you are describing this also? but off the line....it's an average 6 cyl and decent, albeit high revving, to get to 55MPH quickly.SS

Good call but thats not it. I have 3 other cars, two 2010 & a 2011 that all seem normal. Its when the car is parked and you start to move from a stand still almost like the Haldex system is binding. I have 35psi in the tires and its much more pronounced in reverse. Put the car in reverse, let your foot off the break and most cars will give you the feeling that your in reverse and ready to go, this one needs acceleration and seems like someone or something is holding it back. Just odd.
    This is my wife's car and she originally complained about it. I though she was just not use to it but then I drove it.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

So, take it back to the dealer and see what they say. Ask to drive anotheroneor two on their lot and see if they have the same symptoms. Ours is fine. But it is a 2010 alos.

Well a quick trip to the Dr and found that the parking brake was not fully releasing so a couple of parts and it's free as a bird!!!

GMJim is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04,06,10 SRX; 2011/14 CTS Wagon

I love a happy ending...........sigh....................

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.