What is the latest Sirius XM discount available? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, What is the latest Sirius XM discount available? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have the direct line to the cancellation dept. Just called this week, and told them either give me the ...
    Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

Re: What is the latest Sirius XM discount available?

I have the direct line to the cancellation dept. Just called this week, and told them either give me the same rate as last year or cancel. they immediately gave me the discount rate, It was about $101. I used to just call and go through the customer service and then finally get transferred to the cancellation dept, but now it is easier. give it to me or else.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Ponyman,

What does the $101 cover? Is that just radio service?

Rays B4U is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury Gray Flannel Metallic

We very rarely listen to XM anymore. Wife has all of her music on a USB thumb-drive. Her XM subscription is coming up for renewal and she's not renewing it, curious to see how many "If you renew today and today only" deals will be offered.
    stevec5375 likes this.

MI-SRX is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by Rays B4U View Post
    ...curious to see how many "If you renew today and today only" deals will be offered.
    A lot! I still get those types of offers for a Subaru I got rid of about 4 years ago.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Me and my wife use Spotify. $10 per month. Better sound quality. Can listen to your choice of any type of radio or whatever songs you choose. No ads.

We each have an account but you could both use the same account if you wanted to only spend $10/month.

Can use data or download songs to your playlist on your mobile device. Plus you take your music with you, not tied to one car radio.
    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    stevec5375 likes this.

Ponyman is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium, Radiant Silver

The $101 was for the radio service and royalty fees. Still had a couple of weeks left till expiration, and they gave me credit for that so the actual price for a year might be a few dollars more.

blacksrx4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX4 Black in Black Premium

Can you tell me the range of the 1/2 price in US dollars?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    I suppose it depends how hard you want to bargain and go round-and-round on the phone. I just got a year of XM Select + TravelLink + NavTraffic for 1/2 price without spending more than 10 mins on it. That was good enough for me.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by blacksrx4 View Post
    Can you tell me the range of the 1/2 price in US dollars?
    Thanks

$133 for one year of XM Select (including US Music Royalty Fee) + Nav Traffic + Travel Link.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

The trial subscription in my 2014 SRX ends May 1. I called today and asked for XM Select and Nav Weather. The lady I spoke with said she did not think Nav Weather was available in my specific vehicle. I told her I currently had weather reports, alerts, etc. in the car so it must support weather. She argued for a while longer and then said after we completed my enrollment she would transfer me to some other department and they could confirm if the car could support weather. She would not budge off of full price for XM Select. Told her that I was not interested at the price quoted. She then tried to get me to drop down to some plan for $9.99 a month that was all talk, news and sports. Told her I wasn't interested and I would just let the subscription lapse. She made no further offers so I ended the call. I expect I'll get some better offers in the next few weeks. I also use Spotify so I won't miss much on XM except for the news channels.

Noncon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Make sure you ask for the Retention department, they are the only ones who can give any meaningful discounts.

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

I always ask to speak to someone in the United States.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    The trial subscription in my 2014 SRX ends May 1. I called today and asked for XM Select and Nav Weather. The lady I spoke with said she did not think Nav Weather was available in my specific vehicle. I told her I currently had weather reports, alerts, etc. in the car so it must support weather. She argued for a while longer and then said after we completed my enrollment she would transfer me to some other department and they could confirm if the car could support weather. She would not budge off of full price for XM Select. Told her that I was not interested at the price quoted. She then tried to get me to drop down to some plan for $9.99 a month that was all talk, news and sports. Told her I wasn't interested and I would just let the subscription lapse. She made no further offers so I ended the call. I expect I'll get some better offers in the next few weeks. I also use Spotify so I won't miss much on XM except for the news channels.
    They'll probably send you a mailing with a steep discount like 6 months for $25 or something. The only problem is that if you wait for that, you may be without in the interim. You could probably call again and, after telling them that you want to cancel your service, get a better rate. I call to cancel and they ask why. My reply is that the cost is too high. They immediately come back with a lower rate, generally 1/2 off, and I'm fine with that. Some subscribers claim to beat them up to get a lower rate. I'm satisfied with around $100 a year or so, even though I could probably do better. They deserve to make something for the service. Some want a free ride, and that just drives up the cost.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by etexlady View Post
    "Travel Link" is the weather (and more) thingie for the SRX. Use that label and they'll know what you're talking about. $11.94 for one year after the "1/2 off" deal. "Nav Traffic" was $23.94/year (after 1/2 off).

My experience with companies that play the "call to get a deal" games (DirecTV is famous for it) is playing "retention rep roulette" is worth your time, if you're willing to spend a little time at it (sometimes I am, sometimes not so much). By which I mean. . . just call again.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

You will get a 6 month for $25 offer shortly.

There will be no mention of royalty fees. They will try to tack on an additional $5 in royalty fees.

Be certain to say NO ROYALTY FEES and be certain the only the amount they charge your card is $25 as they tried to sneak it on despite the fact and I had to call back, threaten to cancel, and get credited the extra $5.

MI-SRX is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

My experience has been the 6 month/$25 deal is only available after you cancel your subscription (or the trial runs out) and you go without for a few days/weeks. (I'm still getting emails with that offer for an '11 Subaru I got rid of long ago.)

The best I've been able to do (for about 4 years now) is $5/mo for 5 months.

To get that the first time I had to call and cancel. They then offer 12 months at 1/2 price which I refuse (claiming I'm retired and only use the car a couple days a week and it's just not worth it to me - not exactly a lie). I get put on hold for a couple minutes and they come back with the 5 for $5 offer. The last couple times I just call the day before the subscription expires and say I want to renew at the 5/$5 or I'm gone and that's all it takes.

A lot will depend on the CSR you get as to how easy the process goes. When I got my SRX I called to cancel the service on my previous vehicle (I was about 1 month into the current subscription) and the rep offered to extend it back out to the 5 months and piggy-back it on the SRX trial, for a total of 8 months. Unfortunately I forget to get her name and extension for next time...

I don't know how the Travel Link/Traffic plans will fit into this process as they weren't available on my previous XM vehicles. Maybe I'll call before the trial on those expire and see what can be worked out. I'd think that selling them for 1/2 price, or better, for 5 months is better than not selling them at all since they're providing the service anyhow. If they don't deal on those it's not a big thing for me. It's a neat 'hey, wow!' feature but not something I use a lot.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.